Author Topic: JDM-011 slugish touchpad  (Read 583 times)

Offline Andrunin

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
JDM-011 slugish touchpad
« on: August 28, 2022, 07:34:38 AM »
I've got a controller here where the trackpad is very sluggish. It updates the cursor position only every second or so. Touchpad is fine in another controller. Any idea what is going on?

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: JDM-011 slugish touchpad
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2022, 05:48:58 PM »
If there is no physical damage to the board and nothing has ever been spilled on it, try resetting the controller, maybe see if there's some FW update for it. If neither of those do it then it's most likely something corrupt in the MCU causing it.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline Andrunin

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2022, 07:13:42 AM »
Tried the reset button already. How do you update the firmware? I cannot find any way to do it.

I replaced the touchpad connector but it didn't help. Then I tried to reflow all the chips and now the touch is not working at all anymore. What chips process the touchpad inputs? I'll try to reflow them again.

I'm pretty sure it was working correctly when I first tried it out. Just changed the connector for the flex to the USB pcb and suddenly the touch is funky. I'm confused about what happened lol
« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 07:14:16 AM by Andrunin »

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2022, 04:42:53 PM »
Haven't traced the JDM-011 out, so can't say for sure, but the TP most likely goes right to the MCU, the big ARM chip on there.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline Andrunin

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2022, 04:36:46 PM »
Reflow of MCU fiixed it, nice !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal