Author Topic: BDM-030 Dualsense  (Read 986 times)

Offline LethalPrime

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
BDM-030 Dualsense
« on: September 01, 2022, 08:38:40 AM »
There is yet another revision coming to the Dualsense boards
BDM-030.

I havent seen one in the wild yet but my guess is theyre going to be used in the new Edge controllers and the extra vias will likely be disabled by software depending on if its a Edge controller or regular Dualsense being built.

How does that explain the thumbsticks being removable? Theyre likely going to use the same tech used in hot swap keyboards known as holtite or mill max through hole sockets.

Purely speculation on my part until I find them more commonly in the wild or until that Dualsense edge releases and none of us can get ahold of one (lol)

https://imgur.com/a/Mns8G8z
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 08:40:32 AM by LethalPrime »

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: BDM-030 Dualsense
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2022, 10:18:35 AM »
That board isn't going into the Edge controller. The Edge has 'replaceable' sticks and those modules slide in/out the front, that board there has them soldered in place.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline LethalPrime

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: BDM-030 Dualsense
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2022, 03:35:34 PM »
That board isn't going into the Edge controller. The Edge has 'replaceable' sticks and those modules slide in/out the front, that board there has them soldered in place.

Yeah thats why it was my speculation that theyll use the holtite or mil max sockets so the sticks can slide in and out cuz I dont think they want to license the patent Logitech used on the Astro c40 for hot swap since they didnt license Corsairs scuf flexible paddle patent and it looks like they went with some funky sideway switches. (Cant really see them clearly in the announcement pics)

Edit: I got curious and went and searched through the fcc filings for Sony corporation, the edge controllers pictures, internals, and the way it operates are under temporary confidentiality until the end of September unfortunately. I almost had them but they were smarter this time lol
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 03:54:06 PM by LethalPrime »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal