Author Topic: miniM4pper cg/cl questions for RDC  (Read 372 times)

Offline Brian 503

• Acidmods Alumni
  • ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
miniM4pper cg/cl questions for RDC
« on: November 11, 2022, 12:20:24 AM »
Hello RDC. I found one of your old miniM4ppers CG/CL microchip that never was used. Do u know if this would work on the new xbox series x/s controllers? Want to do a remap on it but not sure if your old chip would work. Please let me know if this is achievable and thank you for your time.https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/c0DWisJ3fbxb
« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 09:14:36 AM by Brian 503 »

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: miniM4pper cg/cl questions for RDC
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2022, 04:31:52 PM »
It should work on the XB1 controllers for the buttons. That thing will also most likely have older code on it, so it will do multiple buttons per Tact, that is you can put A and Y on T1, or B, RSC and X on T2. You need to solder the G and G/L pads together so that it will be in Common Ground mode. Then connect the CG+ pad to the 3.3v rail in the XB1 controller. GND to Ground. Do not connect the CL+ and ON pads to anything. D is for the LED.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline Brian 503

• Acidmods Alumni
  • ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2022, 07:26:14 PM »
Nice, thank you. I have some paddle kits im going to use with this. Thank you for explaining the wiring detail.

Offline Brian 503

• Acidmods Alumni
  • ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2022, 11:20:33 AM »
On the mini mapper the MD connection, is that for the tact switch to activate the remap? If so can that also be connected to the sync button? Does this chip require a external led as well? On model 1914 what test point do I hook to for led on the mini mapper? Would it be TP 28 on the button power board? Appologies for all the questions, im just getting everything prepped to install today.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2022, 01:14:35 PM by Brian 503 »

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2022, 03:05:04 PM »
MD is the Mode button to enter/exit remap mode. You can just connect that to any other button line that uses ground, so Sync, Back or the like.

It should work with the internal LED, and yes TP28 on the top board for that.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal