Author Topic: PS4 JDM-055 - Works via USB, charges battery but turns off once unplugged  (Read 1229 times)

Offline Papa Gleb

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
I am having a hard time figuring out what the issue is. The controller charges just fine to a full 4.2v and works on the PS but once I unplug it, it turns off. I also noticed that once I press the PS button, it lights up for a split second and then off. Voltage is getting to the battery and from the battery to the PMIC and that is where I am stuck. There was also a bit of water damage on the gyro U4 chip area but its nothing serious and I touched up the solder contacts on the components. Also tried a different battery but that was pointless as I do see the 4v going out of the battery.

Any suggestions comments, all are welcome. Thanks.

Offline Papa Gleb

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: PS4 JDM-055 - Works via USB, charges battery but turns off once unplugged
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 11:52:26 AM »
Some very smart people on this forum. Just found the full schematics and board view of my board so am pretty sure its gotta be the PMIC but I will do more testing later this evening. I did check a few caps around the board for shorts but I will check all and then reflow or change the PMIC.

I'll post my update shortly but still open to any suggestions.

Offline wrx884

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
did you end up following up on this?

Offline Worf

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Some very smart people on this forum. Just found the full schematics and board view of my board so am pretty sure its gotta be the PMIC but I will do more testing later this evening. I did check a few caps around the board for shorts but I will check all and then reflow or change the PMIC.

I'll post my update shortly but still open to any suggestions.

Hi. Here I have a jdm-050 with the same problem . Have you managed to solve this issue?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal