Author Topic: DS4 controller JDM 040 freezed  (Read 361 times)

Offline Beckhamten

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
DS4 controller JDM 040 freezed
« on: March 28, 2023, 11:13:27 PM »
Hey guys
I have a controller whose model number is jdm 040 it freezes after few seconds when put in ps4 other idea what could be the problem And I checked the battery and removed the vibrator and checked if I needed anything. So please help

Offline Eren_Ackerman

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: DS4 controller JDM 040 freezed
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2023, 05:54:54 AM »
I would try to isolate the problem by probing some other functions. Like, what happens if you plug a battery that's fully charged and only connect to the PS4 via bluetooth? If the controller works fine like that, I would then move to the flex cable and USB board. Are they in good condition? If so, the next would be checking the USB cable itself and the USB port on the PS4.

If the problem still persists, I would start worrying about the board itself. We know that the vibrators are not to blame because you already removed them. So what about the touchpad? Does removing the touchpad do anything? If the problem still persists, the next would be to check the temperature of the charge IC and CPU. One time I also had a JDM-040 that would do all sorts of crazy stuff because of an inductor that had been knocked off the board near the charge IC.

If you still have the problem, you can update with the details of everything you tried by then.

Offline Beckhamten

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: DS4 controller JDM 040 freezed
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2023, 11:22:36 PM »
Can you tell me where is the charge IC because none of these two is getting such a heat out of the three and you  to put a photo in it

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal