Author Topic: JDM-055 Rev.2 acting very weird  (Read 245 times)

Offline SchwarzerAfri90

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
JDM-055 Rev.2 acting very weird
« on: September 17, 2023, 11:23:30 AM »
Hey everybody,

i have a weird acting JDM-055 (newest rev.) , that played fine on my PS4 and PC, but had some minor drift issues.

I recalibrated the controller using the ds4-calibration-tool.py  and it was better. A few days after i changed one of the potentiometers and recalibrated the controller again.

Now it is just weird - 2 PS4s wont register the controller and when i plug it in my PC with a battery it says USB error , if i plug it in without a battery it just works fine. Also, neither my PC nor my mobile phone wont detect the controller via bluetooth.

When in use it without the battery, everything works as it should. (Also tried the usual steps like resetting the controller, trying to power on the ps4 with it, used multiple cords and 2 PS4s to crosscheck)

What could be the problem here or how to get rid of that issue ?

Offline Eren_Ackerman

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: JDM-055 Rev.2 acting very weird
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2023, 12:35:34 PM »
My assumption is that you knocked a component when you were changing the potentiometer. Try looking at the pcb pictures and comparing. https://acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,43542.0.html

Offline SchwarzerAfri90

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: JDM-055 Rev.2 acting very weird
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2023, 04:01:46 PM »
Already checked this, but no ^^ i unclipped the old potentiometer, wiggled it of and just sucked the leftover from the pins with a solder sucker from the bottom side where no other parts are.

I think i missed up with the tool and the needed driver change somehow. Just as i wrote the thread (my first post), the problem stopped existing. I dont know what it was, but after uninstalling all drivers, and connecting again, the PC recognised the controller.

After that i removed the controller from the list of known devices in the PS4 itself and after connecting it without a battery and then inserting it while still connected, the pad is now fully working again  :huh:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal