Author Topic: Arcade lever's and ps4 controller mother board.  (Read 774 times)

Offline SSS777

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Arcade lever's and ps4 controller mother board.
« on: November 20, 2023, 04:39:37 PM »
My current project is soldering an arcade lever to the l3 area of jdm-055 pcb for a PS4 controller. I noticed the analog on the PCB is a six-pin piece and my arcade stick is a five-pin piece of hardware. There are two ground points on the board next to left right up and down and the analog is 6 pins, will my 5-pin arcade lever work, I do not need pressure sensitivity for this project, it is not a fight box, I speed to run a video game and I need to have my left thumb free in order to optimize my playthrough and so I am trying to free up my thumb. if anyone has any answers so I do not accidentally short then reply and I will be more than grateful.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: Arcade lever's and ps4 controller mother board.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2023, 07:02:09 AM »
Please do not cross post, and try making a complete post and give it some time, you didn't even post the image in your last thread, so there was nothing there for anyone to help you with.

The stick will not work in the 5 pin wiring configuration, you need to change that so each switch of it has both of it's wires for you to get at, so 8 in total, then you can get that down to 6 wires to go to the controller board to make it half work.

The other half is you need to either leave the original sticks POTs on the board, in the center position, or install Resistors in place of the POTs so the thing will stay centered when you're not telling it to move in some direction with the arcade stick.

Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal