Author Topic: jdm-011 not charging or working wired; wireless ok  (Read 381 times)

Offline jetuaime81

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
jdm-011 not charging or working wired; wireless ok
« on: December 07, 2023, 06:05:34 AM »
I have a jdm-011 board which wasnt working at all, on plugging the usb cable it showed a draw of 600mA and the BD92001 ic was getting hot. I replaced that and now the controller works perfectly when connected by bluetooth using battery (battery current draw is also normal). But on plugging the cable the controller doesnt charge or gets detected by the PC. I checked and found D+ line has very low ohms as compared to D-. Further checked and found this 5 pin chip (marking i believe is 'D6') near 7710 is causing this short. I removed the this 5pin ic and now the Data lines show similar resistance with Ground. But still it doesnt charge or gets detected via usb. I reflowed the ARM chip as well.

Could this cause no charging issue and usb connection issue? Anyway to bypass this 5pin ic?

https://ibb.co/6Zfdmpd

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: jdm-011 not charging or working wired; wireless ok
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2023, 01:26:17 AM »
That 5 pin device is just some kind of TVS array, it will work fine with it missing.

The 7710 is suspect, but if another one of those doesn't fix it then the ARM chip USB lines are probably shot.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline jetuaime81

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: jdm-011 not charging or working wired; wireless ok
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2023, 08:00:47 PM »
I cut the trace going to the ARM chip. That side is ok no short. I will try replacing the 7710 chip; it is very small but il try my luck.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal