Author Topic: iPod nano 1st gen help  (Read 1240 times)

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
iPod nano 1st gen help
« on: September 01, 2008, 01:01:50 PM »
I probably posted before...but whatever.

Ok, the iPod nano doesn't turn on. I plug it into the computer and it shows the apple logo. But then it shuts off and restarts again, and again, and again, continuously.
No battery, just straight USB iPod connector. It's all apart (everything's connected right) so I have easy access to it. Anyone know what's wrong? Do I need to swap out the flash memory for a different one? I've got a few boards here I could try that with...but they don't work, so I don't know if the flash mem is good.

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: iPod nano 1st gen help
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 02:57:18 PM »
I probably posted before...but whatever.

Ok, the iPod nano doesn't turn on. I plug it into the computer and it shows the apple logo. But then it shuts off and restarts again, and again, and again, continuously.
No battery, just straight USB iPod connector. It's all apart (everything's connected right) so I have easy access to it. Anyone know what's wrong? Do I need to swap out the flash memory for a different one? I've got a few boards here I could try that with...but they don't work, so I don't know if the flash mem is good.

The mobo could be screwed. I'm almost certain you need the battery though, so get a crappy battery off ebay for like, 15 bucks, and try that first. If it doesn't work, then you need new mobo, probably.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal