Author Topic: planing on making doc oc slim  (Read 1984 times)

Offline LaCozTe-2028

• BANNED
  • E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I love My Lacoste shirts
planing on making doc oc slim
« on: October 02, 2008, 10:12:07 AM »
hey people, how do you find the X O [] and /\ with the multimeter i know how to use it just dont know how to do complex thing like finding  buttons. And also where to get some usb male and female before you say its to hard i could solder its takes time but i got the skillz

**EDIT**

So i got the psp slim now bought it at schol for 20 with a cracked screen and bought another fat on also got a clear blue ps2 controller so i decide to get the clear blue psp case from dx
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 10:21:25 AM by LaCozTe-2028 »

try droping it again
my retared friend fixed by droping it
 1Sniper- not to be an :censored: but, its special friend

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: planing on making doc oc slim
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 02:29:53 PM »
Search button, there's multiple pinouts for the slim abxy fpc.
Second, there's a post about where to get usb ports (or used to be) in I think the beginner's section. If not, mouser.com is a good place, or digikey.
Clear cases...I've not found one myself. Only found one on a cheap 3rd party ps2 controller that wasn't set up the same as OEM, so the case wouldn't work.

Offline DubbleDutch

• BlietZ Modding
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 02:51:24 PM »
Search button, there's multiple pinouts for the slim abxy fpc.
Second, there's a post about where to get usb ports (or used to be) in I think the beginner's section. If not, mouser.com is a good place, or digikey.
Clear cases...I've not found one myself. Only found one on a cheap 3rd party ps2 controller that wasn't set up the same as OEM, so the case wouldn't work.

stop saying that people need to search, but just help them

otherwise don't post!

To all of you crying about lag and kicks, remember… when Jesus died, took him 3 days to respawn. Now THAT is lag.

Offline Chase

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Art Team Leader - Globel Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 02:59:23 PM »
DD i thikn that thread should be made visible beacause there are a lot of non staff members that should know the same.

Also your best bet for a clear controller is to buy an official one from ebay its like £14 inc. Shipping which isnt bad.

I got mines off ebay (Y)

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 03:03:24 PM »
ask and ye shall receive

I got my mini usb ports on ebay and your best bet for a clear case for a ps2 controller is to buy a new controller.

Offline LaCozTe-2028

• BANNED
  • E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 07:27:33 PM »
Im not asking where to find images with all the pinout i would like to learn how to find the pinout with a MULTIMETER so i could stop asking.  :hifive: :dribble:

wow kicks just layof leave me alone your the one that dosen't read, i clearly said i wanted to find them myself.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 08:40:08 PM by LaCozTe-2028 »

try droping it again

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 08:05:35 PM »
wow im not asking where to find them already pindout i would like to learn like that i would have to stop asking. if u know how dd ill appreciate it ima rip apart my slim2 day to see where are the best places to put them
Okay first off, we speak English here.
Second, then you should've specified HOW you wanted to find them. You didn't say how to find them yourself using a multimeter. You said how do people find them. All you did was ask for a pinout basically.

Offline Blizzrad

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 07:13:48 AM »
The buttons on the PSP are all active low, which basically means that when a button is pressed it becomes connected to ground. To locate solder points for each button you start by visually following the traces from the button contact pads. Part of each contact pad will be the ground connection (commonly shared by all buttons) and the other part will be the individual line for that button. The traces from the ground pads will all merge together, and the traces from the buttons are kept separate.

Now if I am not mistaken, the slim doesn't allow for direct physical access to the button contact pads, so you will have to test from the pins on the ribbon cable connectors. With your PSP powered off, take your multimeter and set it to measure resistance (Ω) or continuity (if your meter has this feature.) You can now determine which pins are ground by touching one probe to a known ground point on the motherboard and then checking each pin on the connector for continuity using the other probe. Write down your results after each test (there may be several ground pins, but they will all be the same.)

To find the individual button lines, push down a single button and then look for a pin which has now become grounded, being sure to not confuse it with the ground pins you wrote down in the last step. When you find it, toggle the button to make sure it is the correct pin. You should see/hear the resistance/continuity reading on your meter jump back and forth with each toggle. Write down each of the pin labels as you find them.

Once you have the pinout for all of the buttons on the ribbon cable connector, you can find additional solder points for these buttons by following the traces on the board and measuring for continuity between the point you want to test and the pins on the connector (the functions of which are now known.)

Good luck with your mod. :hifive:
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 07:17:48 AM by Blizzrad »

Offline LaCozTe-2028

• BANNED
  • E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 01:58:38 PM »
Well it should work, since lordnico got his razor working.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 09:32:40 PM by LaCozTe-2028 »

try droping it again

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2008, 05:43:30 AM »
Wow, Good luck.

Make sure you are a pro at soldering... Its really a pain in the ass.

Offline LaCozTe-2028

• BANNED
  • E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 10:23:24 AM »
On the slim, it shall be a bit esayer since the pins have more space.

try droping it again

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal