Author Topic: PSP Analog Stick - Assembly & Disassembly Help. v_v  (Read 3095 times)

Offline DuctTapedGoat

• PC Repair Junkie
  • Registered BST
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +20/-12
  • I'm a duct-taped goat.
PSP Analog Stick - Assembly & Disassembly Help. v_v
« on: February 17, 2011, 05:39:32 PM »
Currently I'm /attempting/ to repair a shoddy analog stick in a PSP I picked up for 30 bucks. Well, after opening it, I found the stupidest spring I've ever seen, and now I'm trying to find out how to reassemble the sticks innards properly.

My Google-Fu must be weak today, because all I can find is one video where it's not explained well enough, and lots of threads telling people to Google it. >_<

Post Merge: February 17, 2011, 08:16:17 PM
So, I'm an idiot.

I assumed the rails were internal, when they're not. The two black pieces house ONLY the spring, the rails go behind/underneath it.

Post Merge: February 18, 2011, 12:18:21 AM
Wow, so.

Reassembly is easy enough with the one exception being the spring.

Turns out, the stick works fine ingame, but won't work in ingame menus or in the CMB menu. I thought it was an analog stick issue, but it seems to be a deeper problem...

I'm just going to CFW it and see if that continues to be an issue, JoySens might be enough to get it going!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 12:18:21 AM by DuctTapedGoat »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: PSP Analog Stick - Assembly & Disassembly Help. v_v
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 09:22:39 AM »
there are issues with your fw. install ccfw or oem either way it should clear up the issue.

Offline DuctTapedGoat

• PC Repair Junkie
  • Registered BST
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +20/-12
  • I'm a duct-taped goat.
Re: PSP Analog Stick - Assembly & Disassembly Help. v_v
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 10:13:24 PM »
I ended up giving in and just went with JoySens to make an immediate solution. Works well after it's all said and done!

Turns out, after I repaired the stick and put JoySens on it, it started cutting out the LCD!!

This thing was used and abused, there was a soda spill on it at some point in it's life, so I got the LCD cleaned all up and it continued. Looked like soda under the ribbon for the right side of the home bar. >_< After cleaning it, the LCD stayed on - but turned into a seizure machine! Brightness key was apparantly stuck, and then it started shorting after the cleaning of the bar, causing the lcd to cycle through all of it's settings. New home bar came in, and it's working like a champ!

Last on it's list is a new shell, and this'll be ready to be modded.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 10:14:07 PM by DuctTapedGoat »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal