Author Topic: Little announcement  (Read 773 times)

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
Little announcement
« on: October 02, 2009, 08:18:59 AM »
Hey,good news!
If you've ever wanted to learn how to program chips like the BASIC Stamp BS1 or BS2 in the BASIC programming language,I will be posting up tutorials and sample projects on the site over the next two months or so.I will teach you how to write up simple programmes which you can build on and make your own.
The main advantage of the BASIC Stamp is that you can programme it in the BASIC scripting language,which is a very powerful but easy to learn language.Also the BASIC Stamps are extremely powerful chips,with thousand of addons and capabilities such as servo/stepper motor control,lcd screen control,proximity sensors,speaker,USB,serial communication and thousands more.
These chips are pretty expensive (about 40$ each) so they're probably not the best for modding things like psp's,but they're perfect for larger consoles that you want to add a whole new dimension of functionality to,they're also great for robotics!The amount of things you can do with them is incredible!
Here is a list of the projects I have designed so far:

BASIC Stamp Ambilight for ANY tv.
BASIC Stamp RGB lighting controller (for cars,room decoration,underglow etc.)

And the most awesome one:

BASIC Stamp controlled CNC Milling machine 300$ or less

Plus many more to come!

The possibilites with the BASIC Stamp are simply endless!
If you want to be prepared for these projects then you will need to buy a BASIC Stamp BS2 and a serial cable,the serial cable can be for something like a printeer or joystick,you will need to chop one of the ends off anyway.

I have a feeling this will add a new dimension to acidmods and help us bring our community a step up into more advanced modding.
Thanks,
Ryan.
Derp.

Offline DarkShot

• I approve your mom
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • ÜBERRAPESKILLETS
Re: Little announcement
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 01:01:05 PM »
I'd be interested.

Cool that you wanna take the time and write up some tuts.

Is there a USB interface you can get for the Stamp?

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 01:06:27 PM »
yep you can get a USB interace on the stamp,it's a small addon that costs about 15 dollars and allows you to communicate via USB!I'm so excited!!
Another project I want to do is a new,easier version of gr8npwrfl's joystick adapter for psp!
In fact I think I'll go start the coding now!
Derp.

Offline DarkShot

• I approve your mom
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • ÜBERRAPESKILLETS
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 01:57:32 PM »
Cool beans have fun man!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal