Author Topic: Replace internal usb socket...  (Read 2373 times)

Offline TheSuperHack3r

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Replace internal usb socket...
« on: August 01, 2010, 12:59:51 PM »
Hey, i need to replace my usb socket which is attached on to the motherboard which the usb socket fits in. I over heat the origional one, now the pins have started to fall out... I was wondering if you could get a replacement?

I have looked and i have found nothing any help?

Thanks!

Offline DubbedTheBeast

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: Replace internal usb socket...
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 03:42:52 PM »
find something cheap at goodwill that has some usb females in it. shouldn't cost you any more than a few buck plus time to disassemble.

Offline TheSuperHack3r

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 02:51:24 AM »
I have had a look around the house and found nothing :(... Is there anywhere i can buy one?

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 04:22:26 AM »
they must be ordered, you can get them from any electronic store, like mouser. the last ones I got, I got off ebay from china, cheap!!

Offline TheSuperHack3r

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 05:32:09 AM »
Good news, thanks modded matt, i have found one on ebay for £1. Here is the link i am pretty sure this is the right thing :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4x-5Pin-Female-Mini-USB-B-Type-GPS-PSP-Socket-Connector-/320569552178?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL&hash=item4aa36f2d32

Thankyou again :D

Offline TheSuperHack3r

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 01:45:26 AM »
sorry to bring back this topic again :D but i am still looking for one. The one i showed in the description would work but it wouldn't work for my go-cam. If u have noticed on the psp usb they have to side bits (which are golden) for the camera's probes to go on.

The 2 golden plates either side. The ones i see on the internet like the one i said about before, does not have this. I am sorry if i make no sence but i really need to do this lol, i have been searching for a long time :D.

If somone knows why the psp camera needs to connect to to extra side bits to the psp female please say id they are needed or if there is another way round?

Thanks!

UPDATE!

I have found the diagram i used for doing the internal camera:

It says that one is ground and one is 33v what does the 33v mean. Is there another way i could ground psp camera? Thanks
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 02:04:34 AM by TheSuperHack3r »

Offline sakobatoneko

• MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 02:18:48 AM »
The camera needs to connect to those points to get extra energy to run. you can use another ground points but you muse use a source that puts out 3.3v.

Offline TheSuperHack3r

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 01:07:38 PM »
So the easiest way I guess is to get another female USB. If someone had ordered one before or has seen one. I really ned one which is compatible with the psp camera! Help please!

Thanks

Offline kriso13

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2010, 05:39:29 PM »
Probably gonna sound stupid, but why don't you get a bricked PSP (of a friend or some other dude) and either desolder the female USB from there or try to unbrick it with Hellcats Recovery flasher and use it as your main Mobo or PSP?

Hellcats RF:http://www.psp-hacks.com/2010/05/17/recovery-flasher-5-50-gen-d3-firmware-pack/
Never mess with Hades...

Offline TheSuperHack3r

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 02:01:53 AM »
That is good good idea. A couple of days ago i asked my friend if he could give me his old broken ps phat but he said he was going to repair it. I may buy one off ebay and then just use for parts!

Thanks for advice. If anyone still comes across a psp female usb please say...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal