Author Topic: Was the "Gangster" name ruined?  (Read 15980 times)

ccccpie

Was the "Gangster" name ruined?
« on: January 02, 2008, 01:02:02 AM »
To me the term "gangster" is more of an insult now.

I mean the original "gangsters" were smart men who just lived an impoverished life making them "tough".These good men made money exploiting the needs of the people, but not ruin the people they make money from.Case and point way back when, "Mafiosi" as the Italian mafia people were called didn't sell drugs. They became the government when there wasn't one.They were respected for what they did to help and also feared for what they can do.There were some like this like many of the Mexican gangs in L.A., they started out as block gangs protecting their neighborhood from dope dealers and other people who would hurt their neighborhood.

The new "gangsters" are typically men many of which are minorities and live on impoverished sections.Living in such a condition they found drugs. And some of these "smart" guys saw the profit and made their money through drug dealing.Many "gangsters" of today are just foot soldiers, if you think about it they ain't worth :censored: compared to guys back then (Unless you're a norteno ).

In short, gangsters back then( and some of recent like the men from Harlem ) was for sophisticated men who exploited in a way that doesn't hurt a lot of their business.Gangsters now are money and power hungry people that are disillusioned that the way to glory is through murder and dope dealing.They kill for fun,they don't (most) think about what they are doing and most aren't smart.

Discuss.

Don't move this to Spam section this is intelligent conversation.

Offline budgray19

• Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • OH NO MY CHITTY CHICKEN, NOO NOT MY CHITTY BEEF
Re: Was the "Gangster" name ruined?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 09:11:11 AM »
yea i agree with u
but its mobster aswell
but old mobsters didnt kill inocent ppl
they killed their target

which reminds me
my grandparents have a gun from jessie james
he gave it to them as a gift because they let him stay at their homes barn while the cops where lookin for him(aswell as other mobsters)
so he gave them his gun as a token of appreciation and gratitude
and that the fact taht if they where cought they could be killed too(and they had nothing to protect themselfs with)

moral is that i bet today that modern day gansters wouldnt do anything like that
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 09:16:26 AM by budgray19 »

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 09:13:48 AM »
Yeah, a Gangster was classy, a Mobster a little less so..
Retired Modder, minor dabbling from now on :P

Offline budgray19

• Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 09:17:34 AM »
true
true
i see what u mean
ok yea
but even still the point still stands

Offline IndyChav

• Original.
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 10:45:31 AM »
and now a new generation is feveloping ...

6 years from now when the bells toll 12 on a certain Tuesday night, the British chavs will regroup...... they are unstoppable ... or are they?

*Cyber and his army of cyber clones slow mo walk towards us out of the misty darkness broken only by teh eyes of the infamous f00 pirate**Title screens play...*

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 11:44:39 AM »
well i now have to ask, were gangsters ever good or is every ones view of them today skewed by Hollywood. it doesn't matter what reasons you broke the law for, it still doesn't change the fact that the law was broken and that its up to a jury of your peers to decide if you were justified in what you did or not.

Offline budgray19

• Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 12:12:24 PM »
u dont understand it tec
they had a code that they ablige by
thy had respect for ppl
now days its aww im gonna piss on u
hollywood aint jack to me in this
im not being skewed in this

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 12:18:32 PM »
u dont understand it tec
they had a code that they ablige by
thy had respect for ppl
now days its aww im gonna piss on u
hollywood aint jack to me in this
im not being skewed in this

that dose not change the fact that what they were doing was wrong and illegal
im of the belief that even if done with a reasonable level of respect breaking the law is still wrong

Offline budgray19

• Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2008, 12:20:55 PM »
ok mr law abliver
do u not jay walk
l9l
lol but ur right
but if ppl r gonna call them selfs gangsters then atleast have some class not be all out stupid and retarded with it

ccccpie

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2008, 12:22:09 PM »
   1. No-one can present himself directly to another of our friends. There must be a third person to do it.
   2. Never look at the wives of friends
   3. Never be seen with cops.
   4. Don't go to pubs and clubs.
   5. Always being available for Cosa Nostra is a duty - even if your wife's about to give birth.
   6. Appointments must absolutely be respected.
   7. Wives must be treated with respect.
   8. When asked for any information, the answer must be the truth.
   9. Money cannot be appropriated if it belongs to others or to other families.
  10. People who can't be part of Cosa Nostra: anyone who has a close relative in the police, anyone with a two-timing relative in the family, anyone who behaves badly and doesn't hold to moral values.

They were classy, Respected, and basically if you mess with them they mess with you. Unlike "gangsters" these days they just shoot and kill someone for no reason. Also "Cosa Nostra" means mafia just to clear that up

Offline IndyChav

• Original.
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2008, 12:26:19 PM »
that dose not change the fact that what they were doing was wrong and illegal
im of the belief that even if done with a reasonable level of respect breaking the law is still wrong

Laws by governemnts were initially set by aristocrats who didnt care for the common man, hence the rise of "gangstas" what would have started as more of a protest, got blown way out of proportion to what it is today.

Basically. laws should be taken more as guidlines =P

Offline budgray19

• Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2008, 12:27:35 PM »
see tehre ya go tec
and i also think he misses the sopranos
i know i do

ill give u a good post for that pie

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2008, 12:37:08 PM »
i have such a issue with people who believe that BS. you do realize that your talking about criminals. people who broke the law and killed and took advantage of others. it doesn't change the fact that what they did was wrong

Offline IndyChav

• Original.
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2008, 12:52:44 PM »
not every person branded as a criminal by the governemnt or court rooms murdered  someone, not all "gangsters" killed, there are soo many differnet ways they could be given that name, im not sayign its right but some people arent as bad as you think.

Its this kind of mind set, that is whats wrong with the world today,
you need to know everyhting and noone even "criminials" should be branded as an entity.

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2008, 12:58:49 PM »
these people were not revolutionaries who were taking a stand against unjust laws to better humanity they ARE SCUM taking advantage of others to better them selves no amount of class changes that.

ccccpie

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2008, 01:01:06 PM »
To me the term "gangster" is more of an insult now.

I mean the original "gangsters" were smart men who just lived an impoverished life making them "tough".These good men made money exploiting the needs of the people, but not ruin the people they make money from.Case and point way back when, "Mafiosi" as the Italian mafia people were called didn't sell drugs. They became the government when there wasn't one.They were respected for what they did to help and also feared for what they can do.There were some like this like many of the Mexican gangs in L.A., they started out as block gangs protecting their neighborhood from dope dealers and other people who would hurt their neighborhood.

The new "gangsters" are typically men many of which are minorities and live on impoverished sections.Living in such a condition they found drugs. And some of these "smart" guys saw the profit and made their money through drug dealing.Many "gangsters" of today are just foot soldiers, if you think about it they ain't worth :censored: compared to guys back then (Unless you're a norteno ).

In short, gangsters back then( and some of recent like the men from Harlem ) was for sophisticated men who exploited in a way that doesn't hurt a lot of their business.Gangsters now are money and power hungry people that are disillusioned that the way to glory is through murder and dope dealing.They kill for fun,they don't (most) think about what they are doing and most aren't smart.

Discuss.

Don't move this to Spam section this is intelligent conversation.

Offline IndyChav

• Original.
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2008, 01:03:10 PM »
Laws by governemnts were initially set by aristocrats who didnt care for the common man, hence the rise of "gangstas" what would have started as more of a protest, got blown way out of proportion to what it is today.

Basically. laws should be taken more as guidlines =P

see i said the same, do you even read it all?

ccccpie

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2008, 01:03:51 PM »
i read it all but i was replying to tec

Offline budgray19

• Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2008, 01:05:10 PM »
i reread over what pie quoted and tahst what im talkin about
the itailan gangsters

if u wanna talk about killing ppl
go to george w bush

im done with this

ccccpie

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2008, 01:07:36 PM »
The "Gangsters" these days ruined the good name of Al Capone

Offline IndyChav

• Original.
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2008, 01:13:16 PM »
when will they learn pie ... /WHEN WILL THEY LEARN!!!

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2008, 01:17:56 PM »
no even back in the day of gangsters your talking about it was only about personal gain taking enough "protection money" to keep others form advancing any ware and injuring people and destroying businesses if people didn't pay. Killing and injuring any and all opposition i don't believe that these are the kind of people who should be admired or given any kind of recognition

The "Gangsters" these days ruined the good name of Al Capone

how the FU*K can you think that some one who was responsible for as much death and destruction as he was had a "good" name??

thats like saying Hitler had the right idea

you guys are making me sick you actually think that its ok to lie cheat steal and cause civil harm to better one's self and "family"

ccccpie

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2008, 01:22:00 PM »
no even back in the day of gangsters your talking about it was only about personal gain taking enough "protection money" to keep others form advancing any ware and injuring people and destroying businesses if people didn't pay. Killing and injuring any and all opposition i don't believe that these are the kind of people who should be admired or given any kind of recognition

how the FU*K can you think that some one who was responsible for as much death and destruction as he was had a "good" name??

thats like saying Hitler had the right idea

you guys are making me sick you actually think that its ok to lie cheat steal and cause civil harm to better one's self and "family"

Well he d id

and sorry al capone was a bad example

Also Buddhism That is all Thinking only about them selves. It's about not worrying for someone else and only your self. Personal Gain.

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2008, 01:26:40 PM »

Well he d id

and sorry al capone was a bad example

Also Buddhism That is all Thinking only about them selves. It's about not worrying for someone else and only your self. Personal Gain.

thats why they stand up against an oppressive communist government that has forces peaceful leaders form there home countries and violently crushed any opposition

Offline IndyChav

• Original.
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2008, 01:27:51 PM »
ok tec, you obviously only know how it is in the movie and game world, cos thats just lolworthy.....

apart form the infamous act of the holocaust, Hitler was a great leader, some of his ideologies were brilliant and really benefited his country, as after all thats what he was a leader,... he jsut went crazy and ruined it for himself,

We are not in this world to achieve everyones acceptance, we are here for ourselves and our familes, some poeple help other people and some people help themselves the wrong way, everyone s differenet, i mean peopel with different thoughts to yours believe they are just as correct as you, thats whats wrong with arguments, everyone has their own opinion so nothign will be resolved

"lie cheat and steal",, qouted from the late great eddie guerrero?

jeeeeez research before you post attack me ahite?

ccccpie

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2008, 01:29:45 PM »
ok tec, you obviously only know how it is in the movie and game world, cos thats just lolworthy.....

apart form the infamous act of the holocaust, Hitler was a great leader, some of his ideologies were brilliant and really benefited his country, as after all thats what he was a leader,... he jsut went crazy and ruined it for himself,

We are not in this world to achieve everyones acceptance, we are here for ourselves and our familes, some poeple help other people and some people help themselves the wrong way, everyone s differenet, i mean peopel with different thoughts to yours believe they are just as correct as you, thats whats wrong with arguments, everyone has their own opinion so nothign will be resolved

I loved that Explanation, Thanks

Offline IndyChav

• Original.
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2008, 01:30:50 PM »
I loved that Explanation, Thanks

well i stand for what i believe and i will broadcast =P

ccccpie

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2008, 01:32:51 PM »
well i stand for what i believe and i will broadcast =P

What you said is totally true and i agree with you

Offline IndyChav

• Original.
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2008, 01:37:33 PM »
ok now that you understand hitler, youll understand cybers plot for world domination, only hell do it using technology, he started off just trying to benefit peopel who share interests but then he started to clone himself etc and hes bitten a bad apple, adam n eve style :winker:

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2008, 01:41:55 PM »

not a good enough reason to hate some one? his ability to form a functioning government dose not excuse the fact that what he did was wrong

im sorry that i think my life is unimportant in the big picture and that we were put hear to do something better than work for personal gain. obviously family is important but at what cost if the people you consider to be "gangsters" are allowed to do what they do

nope just a generalization of what all "gangsters" have done over time

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal