Author Topic: 3 quick questions  (Read 2723 times)

Offline griff

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
3 quick questions
« on: January 11, 2008, 03:06:06 AM »
couple of quick questions...

just how safe is using the pandora battery to downgrade? i mean if i don't get the mem card right first time for example is it just that the downgrader won't work or can i knacker things up completly?

also in the tut by kenshiffix am i understanding right the battery mod is all software-no need to open the battery?

last one -is the pandora battery for all fw or just for above 3.50

thanks-i did serch but i couldn't find any clear cut answers(well i'm a bit hesitant with these things)

cheers

Offline mootoo

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: 3 quick questions
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 03:37:59 AM »
Pandora is safest downgrader.
Without MemStick won't work.
In the tut by kenshiffix is softmod U dontneed open the battery, but U need HBenabled PSP.
Pandora worx on every FW.

Offline 4dP

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Modder For Hire - AM Donator
    • Modder For Hire website Hire me
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 03:40:25 AM »
you don't need to open the battery but you can open it and solder some pins to get the psp to service mod

PINOY AKO

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 06:40:47 PM »
Pandora worx on every FW.

well so far at least but if sony plans to realese a unpandorable psp/fw as some predict then a new downgrader will have to be created.
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline gawl47

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Hey, you're that... ninja
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 07:26:12 PM »
well so far at least but if sony plans to realese a unpandorable psp/fw as some predict then a new downgrader will have to be created.
I thought that the Pandora battery uses a hardware "loophole" so to speak in order to work, so a firmware change shouldn't be enough to make it Pandora-proof.
This signature has failed to load, please refresh page.

Offline griff

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 08:37:26 AM »
cheers for the info.... :clap: now just 2 more Q's that i've come with since those two.

will kenshiffix's pandora work on slim an phat.....or just the phat-if so is there a universal pandora yet?

an once downgraded to 1.50 do i just upgrade through the custom fw till i'm back up to 3.80m33 like my current phat.

p.s reason i ask about the slim is cause i've been offered one at a very good price...but several clueless mates need phats sorted

thanks again

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 03:11:13 PM »
just how safe is using the pandora battery to downgrade? i mean if i don't get the mem card right first time for example is it just that the downgrader won't work or can i knacker things up completly?

also in the tut by kenshiffix am i understanding right the battery mod is all software-no need to open the battery?

last one -is the pandora battery for all fw or just for above 3.50

- pandora, is the safest downgrader/ only for OFW 3.5x+, possible to screw things up, but only if you really have no clue what your doing, other than that no
- yes, kens tut is all software, nothing to do with the battery
- so far, pandora has/does work[ed] on every firmware

will kenshiffix's pandora work on slim an phat.....or just the phat-if so is there a universal pandora yet?

an once downgraded to 1.50 do i just upgrade through the custom fw till i'm back up to 3.80m33 like my current phat.

- kens tut here in the phat section is only for the phat, but im pretty sure there is a different one for the slim
- i think there is a "universal" pandora coming out also
- yes, once you get down to the 1.5 all you have to do is update to the CFW that you want

Offline griff

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 09:48:15 AM »
ah cool -much appreciated

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal