Author Topic: Best Lights to Use other than LED's?  (Read 3363 times)

Offline blackburn

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Xbox 360 Enthusiast and JTAGer
Best Lights to Use other than LED's?
« on: February 02, 2008, 09:27:41 AM »
Ive been doing ALOT of xbox mods lately (adding pin headers, TSOPs, etc...) but I would like to work on the outside of my xbox, i repainted my xbox gloss black instead of the rough plastic that was on it  :hifive:  but i want to do an under glow on the xbox without having to mount 50+ LEDs around it and i wasnt sure what other people are using to glow the xbox (for example the first xbox under the "post your H4cked boxes here" thread

All Sigs Made by ME!

Offline Craker

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I mod, then I exist
Re: Best Lights to Use other than LED's?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 10:40:19 AM »
Ive been doing ALOT of xbox mods lately (adding pin headers, TSOPs, etc...) but I would like to work on the outside of my xbox, i repainted my xbox gloss black instead of the rough plastic that was on it  :hifive:  but i want to do an under glow on the xbox without having to mount 50+ LEDs around it and i wasnt sure what other people are using to glow the xbox (for example the first xbox under the "post your H4cked boxes here" thread

See my Xbox's Mods and watch the Best Lights to Use other than LED's are the neon lights or cold cathodes ;)

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 10:43:53 AM »
check my cold cathode underglow tutorial :D,and my clear jewel tutorial,makes ur xbox look the sh*t in bout an hour,i'm waiting to buy a new cold cathode inverter and then i'll do my internal sound reactive cold cathode tutorial
Derp.

Offline blackburn

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Xbox 360 Enthusiast and JTAGer
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 06:47:43 PM »
yeah, thanks for the replies, i went and bought a bundle pack of 4 80mm LED Fans for $12 and used the ring for my jewel  :tup: :tup: now, is a 12" CC to large for the xbox? I measured the xbox and it seems to be almost exactly 12", but the problem is, i carry my xbox around with me a lot, and i don't want a neon under glow outside of the case, i had LEDs for an under glow but I didn't have enough and it wasn't very bright. So i was really looking into putting some type of neon or CC as the under glow instead, but I'm not too sure yet

ohh and btw my soldering skills are pretty good

All Sigs Made by ME!

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 06:39:06 AM »
12 inch cc is the perfect size for going across the front of the xbox,dats what i had on mine til i blew the inverter when my hand touched the connector (640v=OUCH!)
Derp.

Offline Craker

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I mod, then I exist
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 08:35:19 AM »
but the problem is, i carry my xbox around with me a lot, and i don't want a neon under glow outside of the case, i had LEDs for an under glow but I didn't have enough and it wasn't very bright.

Ok, then the neon light put into xbox Like my old mod ;)

The Lights are more bright on live than on the photo ;)

Offline TR4G-

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 08:55:55 PM »
go for 2 four inch CCs serisuly, its tought to fit even them into the xbox {in the side vents} much less a 12 inch CC.

ur gonna have to cut alot out of the HDD holder, and some out of the DVD one.

but its worth it iin the end

as for under the faceplate, i would say use LEDs, sickmods.net has some sweet led boards made specifically for the xbox

PvP_LostKnight

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 12:52:48 AM »
im :censored:ing gone manbn re

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal