Author Topic: USB MASS STORAGE????  (Read 27298 times)

Offline 99INFERNO

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: USB MASS STORAGE????
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2008, 02:30:32 AM »
Peoples
i got the switch figured but i blew a fuse in the power wire in the ipod because the d- and d+ wires need to be crossed i am drawing the blue print for this wire work today at work. SO ALL OF YOU KNOW I am only going to be able to figure out the hardware side of this mod and some software. i need people that know about linux to write a TXT file to run a portconfig that enables the mp3 as a slave device. I am just throwing it out there, time to do some research on usbhost chips that can be wired directly to a external MP3 player. the drawing will be on tonight. if you are knowledgeable on computer boards and relay switches feel free to point out my shortcommings.

99INFERNO

NOTE. when the soldering is done i will post pics of the actual project piece by piece. LOSTKNIGHT IT WOULD BE NICE TO TALK TO YOU TO SEE WHAT YOU ALREADY HAVE FIGURED OUT SO I COULD HELP MOVE FORWARD INSTEAD OF FROM SCRATCH.

Offline [HoP]

• Ex-AcidMag
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +9/-3
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2008, 06:40:27 AM »
hillarious how every topic, no matter how big or small ends up in arguments.... some people prefer to work alone...

i guess im like pvp..
when i work, i work differently then others.
i like to take my time and not have to re-do work that is tedious, when im rushed i typically make small mistakes (on the sound mod i swapped the resistors HAHA)

i dont know anything about the USBHOST crap... or driverless stuffs.....
but setting up IRshell to read from your computer is easy...

the best thing to do would be to directly wire into the psp's storage system, ive traced thru the motherboard connector to a chip, ill have to look in notebook to see if i can find a data sheet for the chip... it is simple to find resources on the internet...

in my opinion the best storage would be something internal... INTERNAL OR BUST!

good luck, PvP... if you need any specific parts or something, ill try to help (you dont need to tell me anything about the project)
just dont wannar spend too much monies, but i do have lots of random parts around!

Offline 99INFERNO

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2008, 06:42:37 AM »
Just and update on my progress i have the drawing almost fixed i ran into some problems basiclly it was linux on the ipod that was giving me a syntax error. as soon as im sure that this will work i will upload the drawing. still having a problem where to mount the usbhost chip.

99INFERNO

PVP I understand why you dont want to release how far you have gotten if i can help as said before you dont have to tell me what youve got but if i can help in any way let me know

Offline *FuFa

• learn2/spell/
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Spam King Barfday Boy¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2008, 06:48:52 AM »
Just and update on my progress i have the drawing almost fixed i ran into some problems basiclly it was linux on the ipod that was giving me a syntax error. as soon as im sure that this will work i will upload the drawing. still having a problem where to mount the usbhost chip.

99INFERNO

PVP I understand why you dont want to release how far you have gotten if i can help as said before you dont have to tell me what youve got but if i can help in any way let me know

Take out your UMD Drive, alot of space there, you can also dremel away the wall between the UMD Drive spot and Wifi board thing, then you should have a very long and big space.

Have no shame in being kindly and gentle, but if the time comes in the time of your life to kill, kill and have no regret. In the time of your life, live so that, in that wonderous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

Offline cwn723

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2008, 08:10:26 AM »
so now we are trying to hook a hard drive up to the memstick reader? ok... can someone tell me where to find schematics for the mobo and memcard reader and stuff so that i can find ground points and stuff? ive been looking all over but cant find them...

Offline *FuFa

• learn2/spell/
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Spam King Barfday Boy¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2008, 08:48:20 AM »
so now we are trying to hook a hard drive up to the memstick reader? ok... can someone tell me where to find schematics for the mobo and memcard reader and stuff so that i can find ground points and stuff? ive been looking all over but cant find them...

No we don't and never stated we will. Memory stick has a 32gb cap, also if you would have read this thread carefully you would have seen that we still talk about USBHOST and not Memorystick-to-usb-haxing-32gb-cap.

Kay? :3

Have no shame in being kindly and gentle, but if the time comes in the time of your life to kill, kill and have no regret. In the time of your life, live so that, in that wonderous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

Offline cwn723

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2008, 03:44:16 PM »
ohh... musta read sumthin wrong, sry. so.. anyone here know how to program. i know how to build all the hardware, just need software..

Offline 99INFERNO

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2008, 07:51:34 AM »
Got software peeps workin on the port config for a 30gb zune and a 4gb ipod i know this is small patatoes but if they port it correctly there will be no need for a usbhost running on the internal hd for the psp. and if they do make the port config work it will also work for bigger harddrives. solid state (IPOD)works the best but a normal hd (ZUNE)will work as well. we found out today that a usbhost would be way to big to keep this portable so we are going the route of a 3way usbhub with a small wire passthrough solder. technically with the port reconfig and usbhub (ran off the power from the Zune and psp) it should work but only one way. from hd to psp not reverse so we can only read info. sorry this is taking so long we are on alot of missions now.

Offline 99INFERNO

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2008, 09:26:23 PM »
CWN

man if it were just software this would be so much easier. it will take 4 things psp, self power hd, a intermediate device, and software. keeping in mind we want this internal and minimal drain on psp battery. and kinda easy so almost everyone can benefit from this mod. so yes there are other ways to do this as simple as a data transfer hard drive but again not internal and not very portable. so you say you only need the sofware. question how did you wire the internal device to the psp while still using the main psp usb port and do you  have to pull the internal device out to charge if so WEAK.

i have the switches on the back of the umd door that allows the ............................awwwwww F-IT i will try to find a scanner at work today.

Offline cwn723

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2008, 03:19:42 PM »
i know that, im just sayinig everyone knows how to do everything but software.

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
    • 13xic0n administrator\owner
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2008, 04:30:49 PM »
software is the place were everyone is stuck at. well almost everyone. the rest of the stuff ppl can figure out. I hope to get the software working but it is no easy on the brain by no means. keep up the work.

Offline cwn723

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2008, 05:41:20 PM »
@99 inferno

if you wanna find out how to build and wire it look at PvPs notes.

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2008, 10:53:06 PM »
PVP note are gone taken away because ppl were spaming the post with complaints and raids.

Offline Oggreengiant

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2008, 03:41:31 AM »
you could probably use a drive like this http://www.bixnet.com/307daba.html, battery powered and lightweight
yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo

Offline cwn723

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2008, 06:02:43 PM »
lol, i dont think that would work, and 99 inferno, i have no idea what you are talking about, we arent trying to use a usbhost controller anymore? look at the VDIP2 chip, that is what people have been using. aparently, pvp had an ipod runing linux and somehow ported usbhostfs to it, and some other stuff(he hasnt told). im not sure, but this is what ive gotten from reading his threads.

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2008, 10:13:45 PM »
I dont think we will ever unrap the mysteries of pvp. People these days are so self involed and greedy and even if someone does solve it they may be selfish. Hmm im still milling over weather it would be worth losing a UMD drive for 30gbs on psp :dntknw:
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline cwn723

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2008, 03:37:18 PM »
dude ghost it is totally worth a umd drive for 30 gbs, and anyways, you can get more than that.

and PvP isnt being greedy, look his notes are declassified.

g glok

« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2008, 06:09:50 PM »
totally man :x:

Offline larkin1993

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2008, 12:27:53 PM »
all we need now is to program the chip

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2008, 05:08:57 PM »
dude i think that has been stated many times on this site i was working on it but i have been really really bussie and have not been home for more than a few hours each day. so i have not gotten any were. it would be a lot better if some PIC geek decided to be nice and not charge an arm and a leg to create the firmware for the PIC.

most of the programmers that deal with PIC's are a bunch of selfish greedy boastfully ppl (not all but a good portion.)

Offline 99INFERNO

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2008, 03:47:59 AM »
my brain is fried, to the VDIP2 chip good idea you still need to solder in the pins somwhere inside the psp. second im not giving up but i have been so busy SORRY but hopefully my software enginer buddies and i will be able to resume operation internal hd for psp this week.

99INFERNO

Offline cwn723

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2008, 07:14:43 AM »
everyone look at vinculum.com datasheets

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
    • ROOKIE BUILDERS DISCORD
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2008, 11:04:18 AM »
Got software peeps workin on the port config for a 30gb zune and a 4gb ipod i know this is small patatoes but if they port it correctly there will be no need for a usbhost running on the internal hd for the psp. and if they do make the port config work it will also work for bigger harddrives. solid state (IPOD)works the best but a normal hd (ZUNE)will work as well. we found out today that a usbhost would be way to big to keep this portable so we are going the route of a 3way usbhub with a small wire passthrough solder. technically with the port reconfig and usbhub (ran off the power from the Zune and psp) it should work but only one way. from hd to psp not reverse so we can only read info. sorry this is taking so long we are on alot of missions now.

So ur saying that you know or finding a way to use a IPOD HD to replace the memory stick,..if this  is so i would like to do that cuz i have a broken IPOD with a 4GB in it that i dnt use and that would nice to put it to use,..

*Thanks Modders/Friends:Ghost_Death, gr8npwrfl, Blizzrad, Kenshinffx.
*Thanks 802Chives for the Art position!

Offline cwn723

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2008, 06:10:43 PM »
@blaz. this is not using up the memory card, it is storage through usb. and for everyone saying this is and ipod with linux and usbhostfs, its not.

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
    • ROOKIE BUILDERS DISCORD
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2008, 06:43:36 PM »
@blaz. this is not using up the memory card, it is storage through usb. and for everyone saying this is and ipod with linux and usbhostfs, its not.

ok so its a separate thing then,..is this like a external hard drive for the PSP,.. if not explain what is it that ur trying to do...im sort of lost,..

*Thanks Modders/Friends:Ghost_Death, gr8npwrfl, Blizzrad, Kenshinffx.
*Thanks 802Chives for the Art position!

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2008, 01:04:19 AM »
just read a little harder we are all tring to figure a way to add any HDD or flash drive to run off the PSP's USB port as if it was like a memorystick but using usbhost to view the hdd either using irshell or another program i used cant remember the name.

Oh i was looking through some of the prx files and stumbled upon the usb commands now it was a little confusing to me but thier may be a way to direct the comands to look at the usb port instead of the memory stick slot. or to direct the usb to run off the usbhost from the xmb direct. on start up.

Offline cwn723

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2008, 01:05:44 PM »
ameking, i know  it is any flash drive. the thing is we(or at leasti am) are trying to do this were we can still use the memcard slot. it is pretty much like playing games off a minicomp with an hdd or flash drive as the comps mem. that is why it is through usb.

and for all you asking me how to build it, look at pvps notes, if you dont know what they mean, you shouldnt be doing this mod.

Offline larkin1993

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2008, 07:22:40 AM »
how come his notes are classified again. wat happened. i should have saved the web page

Offline 99INFERNO

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2008, 08:09:55 AM »
Here we stand i loaded the uclinux for the psp 1.50 kernel this version of linux is bare minimum http://df38.dot5hosting.com/~remember/chris/  look here for the base set up already ready for the psp. second you will need to know a little of linux for this part of the project. follow all instructions from site. once this is loaded us a ir keyboard to interface with the psp. (if you dont know what im talking about please dont ask google it) you have to build your psplinux box up now with other libraries like Uclib and kernal building programs. ( when this gets easy i will write a list this is just where we are with this) once your done here on this step the psp is ready for the internal device to connect. 

NEXT STEP is for all of you : write a prx that directs the umd drive interface to acces the flash drive (we are taking out the umd drive) leave enabled ......................that is as far as i am now have fun see you next month

once you get the linux running and you know linux or unix you will see how much more possible this is. the next step above is the biggie.

i really hope someone stops me im going crazy

Offline Drajwer

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2008, 08:42:22 AM »
Here we stand i loaded the uclinux for the psp 1.50 kernel this version of linux is bare minimum http://df38.dot5hosting.com/~remember/chris/  look here for the base set up already ready for the psp. second you will need to know a little of linux for this part of the project. follow all instructions from site. once this is loaded us a ir keyboard to interface with the psp. (if you dont know what im talking about please dont ask google it) you have to build your psplinux box up now with other libraries like Uclib and kernal building programs. ( when this gets easy i will write a list this is just where we are with this) once your done here on this step the psp is ready for the internal device to connect. 

NEXT STEP is for all of you : write a prx that directs the umd drive interface to acces the flash drive (we are taking out the umd drive) leave enabled ......................that is as far as i am now have fun see you next month

once you get the linux running and you know linux or unix you will see how much more possible this is. the next step above is the biggie.

i really hope someone stops me im going crazy

I'm not flaming but... Do you know what you are talking about ? You want to connect HDD to UMD? Almost not possible. Unless you can modify firmware ? What uClinux for PSP you want use to ? It is not real linux, just loader. If we are talking about real linux, it should work besides SCEE firmware. All drivers should be written from scratch then.

I dont have any idea about PvP's new project to use any usb drive or flash memory. But I think I would use NSLU2 (linux server), usb host chip, two slots - one for hdd, second for USB cable. Make usbhostfs run on start, then you're set. Extract mobo, put it in UMD drive hole, and thats it :)

I'm not sure about it, but why wouldn't it work if you have USB host device with normal linux?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal