Author Topic: Question for my project  (Read 2670 times)

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
Question for my project
« on: March 03, 2008, 08:24:57 PM »
I was wondering if I can actually use an RC antenna (basically an antenna that can stretch out to be longer, and it's used on most radios). I wanted to try it out, so I did the usual, soldred a cable to the wifi board from the black wire, then I soldered the other end of the wire to the wire the antenna is connected to. I tested it and it didn't work, so I keep thinking that the solder contact are too weak. If anyone can correct me and tell me it's wrong, then I'll understand, or else if it's possible, please tell me what I'm doing wrong. You have to see this though. I switched the case (btw its a phat DS) with a black one, so it looks really nice. I have the antenna right on the stylus slot, and I had to cut a piece of the holder, but it fits perfectly with the ds closed. I'll post pics tomorrow.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline Gamer4life

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I will be a Gamer until i die.
    • my own site please join and be active
Re: Question for my project
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 03:50:54 AM »
that sounds so cool did you do it to try and get better range i have been wanting to get better range from the wifi in my dsl

98% of teenage population has tried smoking pot if you're part of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this into your sig

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 06:07:20 PM »
Oh yeah I did end up doing this, it looked very nice and it fit flush with the DS. Since it was a black phat, it looked like an RC controller, but I don't think I connected it corretly or else I'm guessing it just didn't work. I sold it off to a mate of mine for like 80 bucks, so it's his problem now, lol. I'm still trying to find out if it really can add something, but from what my engineering teacher said "Well Pedro, it looks like you would need quite a couple of feet of wire to really get any effect. The RC antenna you have isn't bad, but it won't really give it a noticable boost."
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline rocky

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 10:42:47 PM »
One thing that causes screens to flicker like that would be to be using a flashcart.  I know the supercard use to do that when you went into sleep mode without a cartage in the ds slot.

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 12:54:32 PM »
Ermm Rocky mate, I think you posted in the wrong topic XD.

Offline rocky

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 12:40:42 AM »
Ermm Rocky mate, I think you posted in the wrong topic XD.

Oh sorry I think I had two tabs opened an accidentally clicked the wrong one.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal