Author Topic: ROM cart??  (Read 1764 times)

Offline skate555

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
ROM cart??
« on: March 04, 2008, 04:34:34 PM »
Hi, I'm actually starting a Video Game production company. The only problem is that our current target is the NDS...I overheard at GameStop about people apparently selling fake Zelda games to them and it left me wondering if it is possible to build a fully functional ROM cartridge to put our games on or if we NEED to pay Nindendo to put the software on ROMs for us...any help would be greatly appreciated...

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: ROM cart??
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 07:53:11 PM »
Well what you're talking about is inserting your homebrew programs into a flash cart. If you want to start something like that, google for M3 Simply. Buy it, and you can start on your production?
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline skate555

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: ROM cart??
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 09:14:08 PM »
Your half right...we're not trying to make home-brew...we are going to be an actual commercial company and we will be paying for licensing...we need ROM carts...not RAM carts...there is a very large difference...

first main difference: a RAM(flash cart) can be re-written and changed...a ROM can not...ROMs are read only...
second: a RAM costs 50$ a ROM should only cost about 5-10$ per cart...as Nintendo and sells their carts for as little as 12$ when the game isn't new...for this reason it would be much more practical to make 1000 ROMs for mass distribution then to buy 1000 RAMs...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal