Author Topic: My First PSP Mod  (Read 2193 times)

Offline afataldonkey

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
My First PSP Mod
« on: March 19, 2008, 04:21:58 PM »
here is my first mod for the PSP. this was the only mod i could do because i had all the stuff laying around and i have no money so i couldnt but any leds. this was my first time soldering so i know its not really that good of a soldering job but oh well, it makes me happy. i didnt have any flux, only a low temp wood burner that can be used as a soldering gun, and some solder and wire from a usb cord.

(im thinking of adding my two other ds speakers to it not sure i feel up to it but i will see.)

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
Re: My First PSP Mod
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 06:19:32 PM »
really blury photo =\

Offline afataldonkey

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 07:03:27 PM »
sorry for the pic quality my camara is only 5 megapixels. well back on topic, decided to add the other two speakers. i can make my psp so loud that my psp shuts off because it cant supply enough voltage for the speakers :hifive:

« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 07:34:12 PM by afataldonkey »

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 09:35:10 PM »
sorry for the pic quality my camara is only 5 megapixels. well back on topic, decided to add the other two speakers. i can make my psp so loud that my psp shuts off because it cant supply enough voltage for the speakers :hifive:

lol makin it sound like a gud thing :rofl: , r u sure you havn't shorted anthing in there cas i have seen much bigger speakers than that running fine. Btw have you got a lm386 in there if not get one in it will improve your mod   :hifive:
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 06:30:33 AM »
no it wont with speakers that small it will only distort the soud if played above like 50%

Offline afataldonkey

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 06:32:49 AM »
im sure i didnt short anything, checked it like 3 times. but when i run the song at like 75%, i can listen to the whole song. once i turn it up to 100% and the song gets really loud, the psp shuts off

Offline *FuFa

• learn2/spell/
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Spam King Barfday Boy¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 10:23:25 AM »
im sure i didnt short anything, checked it like 3 times. but when i run the song at like 75%, i can listen to the whole song. once i turn it up to 100% and the song gets really loud, the psp shuts off

The whole thing drains too much power, resulting the other parts not getting enough power and before the rest is getting damaged the PSP bails out. Use less speakers/use several spots for your power.

Have no shame in being kindly and gentle, but if the time comes in the time of your life to kill, kill and have no regret. In the time of your life, live so that, in that wonderous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

Offline afataldonkey

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 11:09:26 AM »
i cant use less speakers, thats like, not cool. well i am only running off my charger because i stabbed my battery with my soldering gun so it dont work anymore. ill get a battery and then test it again.

Offline tibor28

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 04:20:08 PM »
it  will sort out when u add the LM386 chip :victory:

Offline afataldonkey

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2008, 06:48:44 PM »
no its ok i decided to add a piece of plastic on top of the speakers to cover them up since i dont have a umd door and that seems to help it.

Offline ra1n

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • I'm not like other girls ^_^
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2008, 07:11:34 PM »
i stabbed my battery with my soldering gun so it dont work anymore.
You did what to your battery and why...?  :eyebrow:

getting old is mandatory growing up is optional.

Offline afataldonkey

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2008, 07:19:16 PM »
lol, not the cell pack, but since you got me into it, ill tell you why. about 5 months ago maybe i was going to downgrade my psp but couldnt find any pics of how to pandorize my kind of battery. so i went into my battery and no matter what pin i cut no pandoras. so i was going to try one last pin when the pcb came off the battery cell pack. i tried soldering it back on but no luck. i got pissed so i stabbed the pcb with my soldering gun, burned my casing to bits, and then threw my cell pack. :hifive:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal