Author Topic: help me please  (Read 2344 times)

Offline afataldonkey

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
help me please
« on: April 08, 2008, 07:05:58 PM »
i need help really bad.
ok story time!
during spring break i found a 30g ipod video. dont  :censored: yourself yet. ok well also during spring break, i was with my cousin and he lost his 30g video. now i know that it isnt his video because i checked when i restored it. well anyways here is where i need help, and this is the part where it is related with slim. my old slim is broken (tried to do usb charge mod and accidentally bridged the usb pins  :clap: . so this psp is a paperweight until i take it back to best buy (dont worry they will never be able to turn it on i fried the bat on purpose). well anyways i was going to sell the ipod i found but if i ask my mom to sell it on ebay for me she will get suspicious... so i need a way to get some money off this thing but dont know how i can do it. ok well if i get a way to sell it with the money should i buy another slimmy? id like to have a slim that i wont open up at all (my daxter pack once i return it) and one to do mods on (not usb charge mod though   :sadno: ) but i also want gh3 for pc so i can use the guitar for frets on fire and sell the disk. but i dont know if i should get the game or psp. hope this is clear enough for you guys and if not ill fix it up if somebody tells me.

dont know if i can do this here but if anybody is interested in buying a 30g video pm me i can get pics for proof its mine

Offline i22foosh

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: help me please
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 05:15:24 PM »
sell the ipod here :]

having a higher post count doesn't earn respect in the forums, quality posts do.

thanks,

deda and reaper

Offline afataldonkey

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 07:34:00 PM »
thats what i was thinking but its gonna look weird when over $100 shows up in the mail adressed to me and my mom checks it

Offline i22foosh

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 09:33:16 PM »
wait why cant your mom find out? have it send to some1 elses house?
having a higher post count doesn't earn respect in the forums, quality posts do.

thanks,

deda and reaper

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 11:06:19 PM »
just tell her you have been hired to assasinate some one the truth :tup:
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline T3KN1K4L

• Virtual Modder Development Slavedriver!
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Not Admin
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 02:11:42 PM »
Ok...  You are going to return your slim to Best Buy?  Why not fix it?

Offline i22foosh

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 02:46:46 PM »
Ok...  You are going to return your slim to Best Buy?  Why not fix it?

He :censored:ed up the battery

thanks,

deda and reaper

Offline T3KN1K4L

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Not Admin
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 03:23:39 PM »
He said he intentionally fried the battery, that therefore is not the core problem.

Offline afataldonkey

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 08:22:14 PM »
sorry guys i was at school and was busy with hw. well i wont fix the psp because i was doing the usb charge mod and bridged the pins to the usb female. so after i tried removing it i realized it was impossible so i went crazy with my soldering gun and solder so unless you can remove alot of solder and fix the holes in my mobo i guess its unfixible. and i cant tell my mom the truth unless the ipod looks different like maybe an ivue or something but then again i cant buy something for a system she thinks i dont own. maybe i could do a sanding job on the back to make it look better, maybe apple logo or something idk but i just need some cash off this thing.

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 04:53:07 AM »
wait, when you restore an iPod it wipes everything, so there should be no way of telling if its your cousins. Easiest way is to see if his had any marks on it, that arent on the one you 'Stole' (yes finding and keeping is stealing) then get him to vouch for you.

Also very few people will send money, get paypal.
Retired Modder, minor dabbling from now on :P

Offline T3KN1K4L

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Not Admin
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2008, 12:23:06 PM »
sorry guys i was at school and was busy with hw. well i wont fix the psp because i was doing the usb charge mod and bridged the pins to the usb female. so after i tried removing it i realized it was impossible so i went crazy with my soldering gun and solder so unless you can remove alot of solder and fix the holes in my mobo i guess its unfixible. and i cant tell my mom the truth unless the ipod looks different like maybe an ivue or something but then again i cant buy something for a system she thinks i dont own. maybe i could do a sanding job on the back to make it look better, maybe apple logo or something idk but i just need some cash off this thing.

Well, if you hadn't spazzed on your PSP, there are a couple of good ways to de-solder, without having the proper equipment...

I personally think you shouldn't try to return it, you should own up to your mistakes and not try to defraud the store...  But then again, what's the point of having morals in this day and age?

Offline afataldonkey

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2008, 10:36:45 PM »
wait, when you restore an iPod it wipes everything, so there should be no way of telling if its your cousins. Easiest way is to see if his had any marks on it, that arent on the one you 'Stole' (yes finding and keeping is stealing) then get him to vouch for you.

Also very few people will send money, get paypal.

thanks man, ill consider doing that, and thanks for the paypal tip.

Well, if you hadn't spazzed on your PSP, there are a couple of good ways to de-solder, without having the proper equipment...

I personally think you shouldn't try to return it, you should own up to your mistakes and not try to defraud the store...  But then again, what's the point of having morals in this day and age?

you coulda told me 2 weeks ago lol. well ya i do feel bad for returning it to the store i almost dont want to do it but im just a 14 year old kid with no job and no way to make money so there is no way i can repair it or else trust me i would. but i am promising myself that after i return it i wont return it anymore unless it full bricks or something (but im pretty careful with my flash0)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal