Author Topic: PS2 not reading the discs  (Read 2026 times)

Offline tibor28

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
PS2 not reading the discs
« on: April 09, 2008, 08:12:22 AM »
Hi guys, today i bought a broken ps2 SLIM from my classmate for a nice price. It powers up ok but the problem it has is that it doesnt read any disc. Now i am wondering if i will have to replace the whole drive or just the laser. When i insert the disc it doesnt even spin it, absolutely no reaction. I am worried that if i buy a new laser i could find out that the spinning motor or however you call it is broken and i bought a useless laser. So my question is, is there a easy way to find out if the problem is in the laser or the motor? and would the disc spin with a broken laser? Thx so much :victory:

Offline muzza

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: PS2 not reading the discs
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 04:46:23 PM »
Heya maybe the playstation has dust in it?or it could be the disk or that the disk has a ps1 format! if not it is probly the disk reader and that will have to be replaced.

Offline tibor28

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 04:49:56 PM »
omg guess what!!! i took the ps2 apart dor like 5th time today and when i put it back all of a sudden it works!!! today is my lucky day :dribble: i got a cheap "broken" ps2 slim and i didnt even need to buy any replacement parts, wohoo :#1:

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 04:50:33 PM »
Heya maybe the playstation has dust in it?or it could be the disk or that the disk has a ps1 format! if not it is probly the disk reader and that will have to be replaced.
he speaks the same languge to pvp to me

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal