Author Topic: i need custome firmware help along with others  (Read 2051 times)

Offline evildog62

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
i need custome firmware help along with others
« on: April 19, 2008, 12:49:48 PM »
ok, what is custom firmware,and whats the whole point of pandoras battery, and whats the magic memorystick for. also how do i get custome firmware.if possible please post helpfull links.

p.s

to keep it in mind my psp's version is 3.93

Offline tripsalot

• ♥ Poker Champ ♠♣
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • modder knowledge
Re: i need custome firmware help along with others
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 02:25:16 PM »
custom firmware is cool it allows you to do things sony didnt intend on people doin,some of wich may be of questionable legality.and pandora battery in conjunction with the magic memery stick allows you to unbrick (make a currupted firmware good again)you psp,i highly recomend cfw if you like to have different themes and more user friendly psp.

Offline evildog62

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 04:02:57 PM »
custom firmware is cool it allows you to do things sony didnt intend on people doin,some of wich may be of questionable legality.and pandora battery in conjunction with the magic memery stick allows you to unbrick (make a currupted firmware good again)you psp,i highly recomend cfw if you like to have different themes and more user friendly psp.

whats cfw. and how do i get a firmware becuse these freaken forems suck. b/c i dont know if i need to downgrade from 3.93 to 1.50 or do i just need 1.50 save to the memory stick

Offline tripsalot

• ♥ Poker Champ ♠♣
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • modder knowledge
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 08:18:14 PM »
i know it is confusing,they say get cfw,then tell you you need to have it to get it.the easiest way is to find some one with cfw,and have them pandorize you batt for you and hopefully will be able to show you how to make the mem stick.but sometimes it isnt possible(I know i live in a real small town and there are only maybe 6 psp)you can mod your batt,but this has a downside,youll need to have 2 batts,one for jigkick and one for normal play(unless someone has figured out how to make a jigkick work normal again)and use your computer to make a mem stick(ive had people tell me this might be slightly against the law,but im not sure).if you do make a jigkick and dont have 2 batts you can use time machine to let you start your psp with out it being plugged into the charger.

Im a noob too so this might be the best way to do it,and from what i have herd the batt mod is a bad one to have go wrong as they can explode,but it does work but a real pandora is better.
and cant forget the you cant blame me if you try this stuff and it dont work not responsible for injury death bordom or bricking

Offline evildog62

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 03:54:37 AM »
i know it is confusing,they say get cfw,then tell you you need to have it to get it.the easiest way is to find some one with cfw,and have them pandorize you batt for you and hopefully will be able to show you how to make the mem stick.but sometimes it isnt possible(I know i live in a real small town and there are only maybe 6 psp)you can mod your batt,but this has a downside,youll need to have 2 batts,one for jigkick and one for normal play(unless someone has figured out how to make a jigkick work normal again)and use your computer to make a mem stick(ive had people tell me this might be slightly against the law,but im not sure).if you do make a jigkick and dont have 2 batts you can use time machine to let you start your psp with out it being plugged into the charger.

Im a noob too so this might be the best way to do it,and from what i have herd the batt mod is a bad one to have go wrong as they can explode,but it does work but a real pandora is better.
and cant forget the you cant blame me if you try this stuff and it dont work not responsible for injury death bordom or bricking

well now makeing a mms is the problem. i made the pandora by opening the batt and detaching the part of the chip. so i got a pandora batt. but the mms is the problem now. i need help makeing a mms. By the way, can i make a mms on vista or do i need to use XP.

Offline tripsalot

• ♥ Poker Champ ♠♣
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • modder knowledge
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 07:30:35 AM »
i used windows xp,so im not sure if vista works,you might look in the modder for hire section it seems most of them have changed to cfw and most dont charge alot if at all to help with stuff like this,and if you cant find the right thread in here at AM try youtube you will probably have to wade through a few hours of useless vids to get the one you need but it is probably there somewhere.here is dark alex or dax site has all the cfw and some other goodies
http://www.dark-alex.org/

Despertar del Cementerio.is on there and that is what i used untill i got a real pandora hope it helps
and if you have a slim do not try to put 1.50 on it dont work.

deda: hyperlink your links please :)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 07:39:10 AM by dedafmonteur »

Offline evildog62

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 01:42:38 PM »
i used windows xp,so im not sure if vista works,you might look in the modder for hire section it seems most of them have changed to cfw and most dont charge alot if at all to help with stuff like this,and if you cant find the right thread in here at AM try youtube you will probably have to wade through a few hours of useless vids to get the one you need but it is probably there somewhere.here is dark alex or dax site has all the cfw and some other goodies
http://www.dark-alex.org/

Despertar del Cementerio.is on there and that is what i used untill i got a real pandora hope it helps
and if you have a slim do not try to put 1.50 on it dont work.

deda: hyperlink your links please :)

i have pandora. i did the whole open the battery thing and ect..But i can get a mms. also once i get a mms i can the install cfw,right?

Offline tripsalot

• ♥ Poker Champ ♠♣
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • modder knowledge
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 09:34:52 PM »
yes the mms is what the custom firmware  is on and the pandora batt installs it,if you have updated your psp before you should have noticed after you pressed  X to install, it started showing lines of text that said something like "flashing file vsh/resorce/sys_pluginbg.rco"or whatever it says.that is what a mms does but instead of just flashing a few updated files it flashes the entire firmware.you might try to find a file somewhere called  EASY PANDORA ALL IN 1 i dont remember where i got it but it might work to make you mms if you cant get the dark alex one to work.
make sure you use the read me files that come with any of the magic mms files and that you have all the right pbp files on you mms,
and just incase you dont get told when making you mms,after it installs the firmware and says press X to shutdown psp,press x ,never use the power switch.
but check out this vid it might be what you need

i didnt use this vid myself so i dontknow but looks good
[url]]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohpd9e-h2so&feature=related/url]
i didnt use this vid myself so i dontknow but looks good
[url]
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 09:38:23 PM by tripsalot »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal