Author Topic: <--My Project--Complete Chaos--I Need HELP--> *UPDATE* FAN  (Read 11079 times)

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
Re: <--My Project--Complete Chaos--I Need HELP--> *UPDATE* FAN
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2008, 04:53:12 PM »
well i need to know if the batterys will charge and how to hook them up so my psp won't explode
also need help with wiring the fan and leds

thank u P3nnywise for the sig
"See you have to understand the difference. The difference between me and you is to you, this is your job. To me, this is my life. The club; that's my job. The mall; that's my job. Your neighborhood; that's my job. This studio; this is my life. This is what I do better than anything."

Offline Electro

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +8/-0
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2008, 05:23:28 PM »
I don't even know if PSP charger can charge that many battery's at the same time.
And if it would explode or not there is no way of knowing that.

As for the LEDS can't help U on that.
But there are tutorials on how to install them.

However I would not recommend U use that many leds.

As for the fan I would use 3 of the battery's for it.
And the other 4 for the PSP.

If your fan is a 12Volt then I would wire 3 battery's like so:
Use a switch with + and - leading to the fan.

Then wire up the 3 battery's like so:
+ - + - + -

Then connect the 1st battery's (+) to the switch for the fan and the 3rd battery's (-).
Then if U do this correctly, your fan will work with a switch of a button.

And to charge it I would use an extra PSP plug and wire it up to the switch.
(U would need to charge the 4 battery's for the PSP separate from the 3 for the fan.)

Thats how I would do it..

Offline T3KN1K4L

• Virtual Modder Development Slavedriver!
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Not Admin
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2008, 05:31:43 PM »
I answered the battery question (If you are going to use all the batteries to power both the PSP and the fan), after wiring them in parallel, you hook them up to the battery port, since the batteries don't have the PCB as the PSP battery does you won't be able power this set up without a PSP battery in it's case, of course you could get around this by wiring this board into it as well like the 3x AAA mod...  This will allow the batteries to charge...  One note, depending on where you plan on cramming these extra batteries you could make then removable via a clip or contact pad.

If you are going to do as electro said, then yes one set of 3 would have to be wired in series and charged separately from the rest.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 05:34:50 PM by T3KN1K4L »

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2008, 08:05:18 PM »
thanks for the help i think i got the battery thing down now and does anyone know were i could get some sort of clip for these batterys

"See you have to understand the difference. The difference between me and you is to you, this is your job. To me, this is my life. The club; that's my job. The mall; that's my job. Your neighborhood; that's my job. This studio; this is my life. This is what I do better than anything."

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2008, 08:44:50 PM »
use velcro things to keep the batteries on
but im thinking by the time ur done this aint going to be no playstaion portible

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2008, 09:26:33 PM »
Hmm I honestly don't see this as impossible. The batteries, although said that it can be possible, I can't seem to see it going into the psp too well, with a fan and that big speaker. You're better off making a giant external battery with a long cord that can be carried with your backpack. The fan is possible and has been done, as well as a speaker. You ought to buy a very flat speaker and of course the small fan you can find, sand the fan down, and try to fit them both in the UMD drive. Or if it's possible. Remove the battery from the psp, try to wire it so that it can be running through USB from an external battery, with the speaker set in the battery door. The LEDs are possible, but that many is going to be a challenge, not just for placement, but for the placement skills. I have enough trouble trying to wire those SMDs to wires, but with 42, I'd go crazy lol. Anyway mate, I seriously hope you pull this off :D.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2008, 04:52:48 AM »
thanks the soldering on to the smd leds is no prob for me and neither is placement
just wiring to work
were could i find a fan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal