Author Topic: buying new pc  (Read 14139 times)

Offline psp339

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: buying new pc
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2008, 05:36:22 PM »
That Gigabyte motherboard is a budget P35 chipset motherboard that is good for overclocking. The Q6600 CPU would be a lot faster than the Athlon 64 X2 after you overclock it a little. The CPU heatsink you should get is this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835109140

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2008, 05:37:13 PM »
The Intel Core 2 ******'s are posting higher performance and less energy use than the AMD counterparts

That Gigabyte motherboard is a budget P35 chipset motherboard that is good for overclocking. The Q6600 CPU would be a lot faster than the Athlon 64 X2 after you overclock it a little. The CPU heatsink you should get is this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835109140

Also, the Q6600 is SUPER easy to over clock (got mine from 2.4 to 3.6)

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2008, 10:45:49 PM »
i think processors are a matter of personal opinion. every one has their favorites iv never worked with a Intel so i cant comment on them.

but my opinion on over clocking is in most cases i would rather spend the extra $20 for the extra gig than stress the processor by over clocking it. granted it can be cheaper but i don't care to do it.

Offline DubbleDutch

• BlietZ Modding
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2008, 05:45:44 AM »
well i don't think i'll be overclocking it :P

unless i learn it at school (going to highschool next year, learning about computers e.d it's called ICT here don't know how it is called in english)

To all of you crying about lag and kicks, remember… when Jesus died, took him 3 days to respawn. Now THAT is lag.

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2008, 11:25:10 AM »
ICT is all about using programs like microsoft office, and dreamweaver, not PC Hardware ¬.¬
Retired Modder, minor dabbling from now on :P

Offline DubbleDutch

• BlietZ Modding
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2008, 11:28:32 AM »
ICT is all about using programs like microsoft office, and dreamweaver, not PC Hardware ¬.¬

wrong ;)
i'll be learning how to start a hardware shop too etc. and i'll be learning how everything works

To all of you crying about lag and kicks, remember… when Jesus died, took him 3 days to respawn. Now THAT is lag.

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2008, 12:47:50 PM »
Overclocking now a days is incredibly easy, just a few clicks on a keyboard...

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2008, 04:01:51 PM »
Overclocking now a days is incredibly easy, just a few clicks on a keyboard...

but why over stress your processor and risk a burn out when for $20 to $40 more you can get the same affect. but thats just me. there are plenty of people who do OC and with some rather incredible results.

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2008, 05:11:59 PM »
but why over stress your processor and risk a burn out when for $20 to $40 more you can get the same affect. but thats just me. there are plenty of people who do OC and with some rather incredible results.
It's not 20-30 bucks to do what I did

My processor is running @ 3.6 Ghz
Stock it runs @ 2.4 and costs 214 bucks
To get it halfway to where mine sits now it costs 1029 bucks

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2008, 06:08:19 PM »
your running 600 megahertz faster than me and i only payed $143.00

like i said i just don't care to put the extra stress on my chip and risk burning it out

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2008, 06:16:29 PM »
your running 600 megahertz faster than me and i only payed $143.00

like i said i just don't care to put the extra stress on my chip and risk burning it out
running 600 MHZ faster yet when you look at this chart look at the difference in power of my chip stock

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2008, 08:40:09 PM »

dude i don't want to argue with you. i never insulted you or said any thing bad about over clocking. i just said i would rather spend the money than stress the chip

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2008, 09:22:33 PM »
dude i don't want to argue with you. i never insulted you or said any thing bad about over clocking. i just said i would rather spend the money than stress the chip
im not trying to argue, just trying to get the point that for the money the chip does perform a lot better an almost every benchmark.  Lately AMD hasn't been keeping up with Intel on their dual and quadcores

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2008, 09:36:41 PM »
well stick to helping out dutch then. he said he wasn't going to OC his

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2008, 10:21:53 PM »
well stick to helping out dutch then. he said he wasn't going to OC his
I am, that chart shows stock speeds

besides all this talk of whats better is really kind of pointless, most of the hardware out there performs well regardless of name brands.  If you really want help then look for the brands to NOT get, because the high end gear works about the same as the middle range unless you plan on pushing more power out of it. (overclock)

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2008, 08:08:49 AM »
I am, that chart shows stock speeds

besides all this talk of whats better is really kind of pointless, most of the hardware out there performs well regardless of name brands.  If you really want help then look for the brands to NOT get, because the high end gear works about the same as the middle range unless you plan on pushing more power out of it. (overclock)

than by all means share your wisdom. as ive stated before

(all of the above parts are in no way "the best" or "most incredible" but they have proven to me to be powerful and stable system. and have influenced my opinion as to parts selected)

i am in no way qualified to comment on parts and equipment i have not worked with. i will however give my opinion on the gear i have used and what i have chose to do with it.

Offline pinoyballa

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2008, 03:41:36 PM »
uhh, if you're deciding on a processor personally get a cheap but good processor now, and wait for the nehalem, they're supposed to have a big performance jump from the current 45nm processors. But if you don't want to wait a Q6600 is good especially for overclocking. Also a core two quad Q9300 is a good processor as well, it also overclocks quite nicely from what  I have heard.

Offline DubbleDutch

• BlietZ Modding
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0

« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2008, 06:43:37 AM »
ok so me and a friend collected some stuff from a local store :)

Case    € 63,43
Cooler Master CM 690,Zwart
http://azerty.nl/producten/product_detail/?ID=42465&GROEP_ID=51

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PSU € 149,23
Zalman 850W
http://azerty.nl/producten/product_detail/52/65996/zalman-zm850-hp-850watt-retail.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mobo € 150,92
Asus P5E
http://azerty.nl/8-89-56959/p5e.html

Processor € 146,37
Intel Core 2 Duo
http://azerty.nl/producten/product_detail/291/34427/intel-core-2-duo-boxed-e6850-socket-775.html

Processor    € 166,03
Intel Core 2 Duo
http://azerty.nl/producten/product_detail/?ID=73103&GROEP_ID=291&p_tab=8&TAB=ervaring

vid kaart    € 201,19
Asus EN8800GTS
http://azerty.nl/8-160-62074/en8800gts-htdp-g92-.html

ddr 2  € 139,34
G.E.I.L Black Dragon,4096MB (4x1gig)
http://azerty.nl/8-174-34566/gb24gb8500c5qc-black-dragon.html

as you can see some stuff is twice! that's because we made a pc several times so we had different good parts we could choose from.

so from the stuff that is twice,.. i'll only need 1
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 06:49:06 AM by DubbleDutch »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal