Author Topic: no sleep... no speaks... help plz  (Read 1282 times)

Offline novo

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
no sleep... no speaks... help plz
« on: May 01, 2008, 05:27:30 PM »
i recently modded the case of my ds with a "shock!" crystal clear case. everything seems to look alright.. but now my speakers volume has gone down quite significantly (maybe half the original volume) and one the speakers doesn't completely work, the left one actually.

also when i go to close to my ds for the "sleep mode", it just flashes in and out of sleep mode continuously.

oh and my top screen only works at a certain angle, otherwise it kinda gets these white lines through it and eventually goes blank white...

im not sure if perhaps i ruptured the connector cable to the top screen.... if any one could possibly help me it would be greatly appreciated, this was my first time switching the case... and so far it didn't go exactly as planned....

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: no sleep... no speaks... help plz
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 06:05:05 PM »
Alright mate, in order:

1. Welcome to Acidmods, and it's a darn good thing you came here for help on teh DS :)
2. The speakers are what make the DS sleep, so it could be the switch that allows it to sleep is messed up in some way, because the only way it will do that with the speakers is by continuously closing and opening it.
3. The screen's conditions sound like the ribbon cable either isn't connected properly or it is in fact ruptured. I'd try my best to reinsert the cable and hope it is not broken. This also happened to me
4. As for the speakers, it did happen to me exactly like that, where I wanted to get a ghost shell, and I did, I switched it, and although it looks like it was factory assembled,  it had the right speaker not working on me, and the touch screen completely got haywire for some odd reason, as well as the L button, which kept acting like it was on auto-fire.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline novo

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 10:48:36 AM »
so can a ruptured connector flat wire from the top screen affect the speakers seeing as how its all connected??

and how do i know if my cable is ruptured, there are no holes or anything in it, but there is a small crease..

and if anyone knows, how is it that the speakers enable sleep??

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 12:51:44 PM »
That small crease can make all of the damage. If I was you, just get a maginifying glass, and see the crease zoomed in. If you can more or less see the ribbon looking like it's dettached from there, then yeah the ribbon might be damaged to the point of replacement. Oh, and yes, a ruptured flatwire WILL effect the speakers since they are connected together and they are connected to the mobo through that one ribbon. Sucks doesn't it? Anyway, at this point, you might need to get a replacement screen if you can't get the ribbon to work. The speakers enable sleep mode by triggering a smalll switch in the DS. It's a kind of reed switch so you won't really be able to notice it. Basically, all speakers have magnets, but these are placed here so that when the DS is closing, the magnets are over the ABXY, and under that area is where the switch is. You can get a strong rare earth magnet, and try to place it over the buttons, and if placed right, it will make your DS goto sleep w/o it being closed. It won't damage it so you can do it w/o any worry.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal