Author Topic: Help! Problem with USB charge mod.  (Read 1082 times)

Offline Senar

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Help! Problem with USB charge mod.
« on: May 14, 2008, 08:24:49 PM »
Today I did the first mod on my PSP being the USB charge mod, as it seemed the easiest to do. It took me a while to get the solder done in that tight little spot but after a little bit I was successful. The charge works fine, but here is my problem. Whenever I try to hook up a USB cable it does not register it as far as connecting to the PSP Mem Root. My only thought is that in the process of soldering I unsoldered the connection to the mobo due to my novice soldering skill, and now the pin does not contact correctly. My idea is to strip a small end to a wire and slide it under the pin and resolder it all, with the hope that the wire will add some structural integrity as well as bridge the gap. Does anybody know if this will work to fix the problem, assuming my hypothesis on the malfunction is correct? Also is it better to be using a smaller solder then .32? That is what I currently have and am wondering if anybody has a preffered solder size they like to use with modding the PSP.
Thanks all for the help.
Senar
If You Mod It They Will Come...

Offline psp339

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Help! Problem with USB charge mod.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 11:14:22 PM »
So you are saying you lifted the USB pin off the motherboard? If so, it cannot be fixed.

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 11:16:37 PM »
i think it is if your touching more then just that 1 pin it doesnt work propley if u get what i mean

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 11:21:32 PM »
So you are saying you lifted the USB pin off the motherboard? If so, it cannot be fixed.

I'm sure you can repair it, read about this problem on a few other topics and from what i remember, the problem was fixed. not easy tho.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal