Author Topic: My internal sd card mod! [update] video up!!  (Read 16225 times)

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
My internal sd card mod! [update] video up!!
« on: May 15, 2008, 09:50:31 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty5VXPmSgec

yes finaly i got parts for my internal sd mod just finished it and it works great too bad i only got a 4 gigi sd card. it works fine but i decided to keep the mspd slot only way to do so is put a switch on the ins pin between the wifi card and adapter.my sd slot came from a multi card reader and had a switch builtin that is completed when card is inserted and its completely independent of the interface pins of sd card so i dont have a traditional manual switch. now the catch to haveing it wired this way is that u have to boot psp with with a memory in one slot otherwise u cant load either the mem light just blinks and wont read sd or mspd if u boot with mspd in u can take ur mspd in and out with no problem if u boot with sd u can take it in and out no problem but u cant mix and match u boot sd u have to use sd till u reboot i think that is totaly worth the capibilitys u gain. i will upload a video tomarrow
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 03:10:29 PM by folklord36 »

Offline H-Sauce

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Music Producer
Re: My internal sd card mod!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 09:59:46 PM »
great work!! we said that the sd card adapter mod needed internalising (not that we were critiscizing, just saying how great it would to have it internal lol) this is why your advanced r&d

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 10:15:09 PM »
other ppl have it internal but i dont ever rember seeing one that still had mspd :#1: and now that i think about it i had it internal first but i had the wrong adapter that only worked with 4 gig and under cards so it wasnt really cool i riped it out but now sdhc compatible
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 10:29:00 PM by folklord36 »

Offline Gamer4life

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I will be a Gamer until i die.
    • my own site please join and be active
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 10:29:38 PM »
thats awesome so could u actually mod the psp 2 accept and reconize almost any type of memory card

98% of teenage population has tried smoking pot if you're part of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this into your sig

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 10:54:44 PM »
thats awesome so could u actually mod the psp 2 accept and reconize almost any type of memory card

no unfortuantly you cant the only way this can work is using a premade convertor that can change the data encoding from a ms format to a sd format, in this case it adapts mspd to mini sd and then a disasembled usb sdhc mem card reader is wired to that well that was how aliender (sorry if i spelt name wrong) the original person did it :tup:
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline Gamer4life

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I will be a Gamer until i die.
    • my own site please join and be active
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 11:41:55 PM »
oh ok i was just wonderind

98% of teenage population has tried smoking pot if you're part of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this into your sig

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 12:11:11 AM »
im not positive but i think cf drives work with the ms encodeing not shure in the post from the first guy who first did this post they talk bout it so without any adapter u would wire it up like mine and it should work same with the old long memory sticks

Offline Z3ROmod

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 12:15:12 AM »
i belive it just has to be fat32 and nothing more for the psp to read so realt it can work all you need to do now is ad a switch to move between cards

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 12:23:16 AM »
i belive it just has to be fat32 and nothing more for the psp to read so realt it can work all you need to do now is ad a switch to move between cards
you should read my original post it explains about the switch and fat 32 has nothing to do with the different mem stick encodeings

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: My internal sd card mod! [update] video up!!
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2008, 03:10:58 PM »
video up

Offline TaSlAyEr

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • i has a shovel lolz
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2008, 03:24:32 PM »
is there a tut for this i need to swap out my hard drive for some thing smaller and more compact how good r the read to write speeds?

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2008, 03:32:18 PM »
uhh if u really have a psp with a hdd in it ill trade you psp's but i wana see itt working playing a iso and it has to be internal and at least 30 gb hdd and ill trade you pm me

Offline DUKE

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2008, 03:59:43 PM »
could you send me a link to what card reader you used

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2008, 04:17:29 PM »
umm i got it at wallmart and trashed the package allready but its like a yellow package it has cf,sd,microsd,ms,xd and sim card ports and claims to be a 51-in-1 card reader its made by digital concepts.

Offline TaSlAyEr

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • i has a shovel lolz
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2008, 06:58:59 PM »
uhh if u really have a psp with a hdd in it ill trade you psp's but i wana see itt working playing a iso and it has to be internal and at least 30 gb hdd and ill trade you pm me
lol its a datal 4g with wires running to the pins on the ms. :taunt:
its not very good cuz its read to write times a bad, can't play most home brew or iso cuz its gets choppy went playing full 3d games, cant access the flash0 files so no custom themes and you can't swap out the datel for a larger mico drive so your stuck with this crappy hdd, y do you think i want to swap it out lol, but if there is a way to use this mod and combine it with the hdd useing a switch (i know can be done dont know how) i would keep it and use it for music and photos and movies and shi-
and use the sd thing for iso homebrew and whatever i feel like usein

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2008, 07:11:46 PM »
ohh man i thought u meant a real hdd micro drives arent hdds thet are just really big ms sticks that are ide compatible.wow really i almost dumped the money into one but u cant play home brew on them that is pointless im happy u told me that sim wow that makes a boxer i was talkin about a cell phone S I M card

Offline TaSlAyEr

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • i has a shovel lolz
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2008, 07:45:54 PM »
ohh man i thought u meant a real hdd micro drives arent hdds thet are just really big ms sticks that are ide compatible.wow really i almost dumped the money into one but u cant play home brew on them that is pointless im happy u told me that sim wow that makes a boxer i was talkin about a cell phone S I M card

i was thinking what if i run 20 wires on the ten pins of the ms then have two switchs 1 conects to the datel the other to this mod that i plan to do,  and have it so went i flip 1 switch it turns off/on the datal and the other to do the same for the sd card or what ever card the u r useing so i can channel both with a flip a a switch
but before i jump i and try this i must know if it will work and i need a list of parts and folk show me how u solder the switchs and what pins i should solder them to its very inportant that u show me so i dont mess up my wifi board

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2008, 08:21:31 PM »
well i cant say you will have to test your selfe because its really just luck that i fig out this config it really isnt stable like i said if u boot with no mem stick in a slot the psp wont read either till u re boot. its because even though the ins pin is for mem detection when i have no card in the sd slot its like haveing a switch that is off but the other pins conected cause an eror so its not just simply put a switch on a pin u really need a switch on every pin or a pic to have 3 or more memorys wired up

Offline TaSlAyEr

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • i has a shovel lolz
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2008, 08:48:06 PM »
well i cant say you will have to test your selfe because its really just luck that i fig out this config it really isnt stable like i said if u boot with no mem stick in a slot the psp wont read either till u re boot. its because even though the ins pin is for mem detection when i have no card in the sd slot its like haveing a switch that is off but the other pins conected cause an eror so its not just simply put a switch on a pin u really need a switch on every pin or a pic to have 3 or more memorys wired up
i wouldn't be useing the ms cuz i ripped off th ms cage so ill only be useing two memory
what if i have one switch on during boot up lets the datel flip switch then put psp into sleep mode flip the sd switch then turn on psp would it change anything
im up for testin my add-on mod i just need a tut for this one that shows me how to wire it up with the switchs

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2008, 10:25:35 PM »
well like i said the pinouts are here https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=14584.210and i said befor my switch is on the ins pin what you will be testing is how to wire switches. because this wireing is kinda a half stable freak of timeing that the psp has that some how the pins for adapter dont affect the mspd slot enoughf to cancel out the mspd if a mspd is in on start up. But even if the "switch is off"my sd card isnt in (rember my circut has a switch that is only completed if a sd card is in) and i start my psp up the adapter takes affect on the mspd slot so that the mspd cannot load if it was not in the psp on start up yet even if i "flip the switch" and insret th sd card the sd wont boot even though the only thing that could posibily inclewence this is the adapter that makes the sd card work. im sorry if im confuseing u im not good at explaining things like this but all that means is i cant predict if the pins of the datell will do the same as the mspd and allow itselfe to boot with the pins of sd adapter going into the same input as it and only a switch on ins as i explained the other pins of adapter do have an affect on psp with the "switch off". i can tell you for a fact that one of these ways will work progeam a pic that has a ton of pins to basicly cycle trough the diff pin groups of input to the one input with a momentay switch and wire it to the note button witch would be the best way to do it but i have no pic programer and i dont know how to program but that sounds esay its not like its a complex circut just a bunch of switchs.Or you could directly wire a on/on switch (a switch with three pins one input and 2 outputs and it switches between the 2 sets of out put)between both memorys on alll the pins but thats a lot of swithces. hope that helped took me like 20 min to type
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 10:30:32 PM by folklord36 »

Offline TaSlAyEr

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • i has a shovel lolz
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2008, 09:15:45 AM »
well like i said the pinouts are here https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=14584.210and i said befor my switch is on the ins pin what you will be testing is how to wire switches. because this wireing is kinda a half stable freak of timeing that the psp has that some how the pins for adapter dont affect the mspd slot enoughf to cancel out the mspd if a mspd is in on start up. But even if the "switch is off"my sd card isnt in (rember my circut has a switch that is only completed if a sd card is in) and i start my psp up the adapter takes affect on the mspd slot so that the mspd cannot load if it was not in the psp on start up yet even if i "flip the switch" and insret th sd card the sd wont boot even though the only thing that could posibily inclewence this is the adapter that makes the sd card work. im sorry if im confuseing u im not good at explaining things like this but all that means is i cant predict if the pins of the datell will do the same as the mspd and allow itselfe to boot with the pins of sd adapter going into the same input as it and only a switch on ins as i explained the other pins of adapter do have an affect on psp with the "switch off". i can tell you for a fact that one of these ways will work progeam a pic that has a ton of pins to basicly cycle trough the diff pin groups of input to the one input with a momentay switch and wire it to the note button witch would be the best way to do it but i have no pic programer and i dont know how to program but that sounds esay its not like its a complex circut just a bunch of switchs.Or you could directly wire a on/on switch (a switch with three pins one input and 2 outputs and it switches between the 2 sets of out put)between both memorys on alll the pins but thats a lot of swithces. hope that helped took me like 20 min to type
so what your saying is its possable to do you just need alot of switch or pic lol the pic is out of the question cuz i cant program and i wouldn't know were to start and for the switch wow many would you need lol. i mite just scrape this idea and just stick with the swap out plan lol XD 

Offline Luigi

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2008, 06:08:24 AM »
but what chip have you connected among the "piece" of the memory stik and that of the sd? 
 :clap:good however :#1:

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2008, 08:11:02 AM »
thanks mine is an eagle tech mini sd to pro duo adapter works great all diagrams and mor info is found in the link i posted above

Offline TaSlAyEr

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • i has a shovel lolz
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2008, 08:37:46 AM »
thanks mine is an eagle tech mini sd to pro duo adapter works great all diagrams and mor info is found in the link i posted above
links to buy?

Offline everlasting_will

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • BEPSP
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2008, 11:11:10 AM »
i was thinking what if i run 20 wires on the ten pins of the ms then have two switchs 1 conects to the datel the other to this mod that i plan to do,  and have it so went i flip 1 switch it turns off/on the datal and the other to do the same for the sd card or what ever card the u r useing so i can channel both with a flip a a switch
but before i jump i and try this i must know if it will work and i need a list of parts and folk show me how u solder the switchs and what pins i should solder them to its very inportant that u show me so i dont mess up my wifi board

If both the datel and the sd are inserted at the same time it won't work, even more, if one of them are always inserted the other will never load unless that the datel has a high input impedance in off state on all its important pins. The Sd card hasn't (correct me if i am wrong folk) so if you always have inserted a sd card there won't be no way to load the datel unless you use "analog switches" based on FET (Field Effect Transistor) technology as i made for the Parallel memory stick. Though i made it just for memory sticks it can be applied to whatever you want, from memory cards swapping till switching if you control the face buttons or the d-pad with the duel nub. It doesn't need PIC's (though it would be great to controll the circtuit with one of them) and though the memory swap could be done with a PIC the delay of the signals are incredibly smaller with the "analog switches" than with a PIC so you have to be carefull if you plan to use PIC for swapping memories. Analog switches has a delay of around 0.25 nseg from input to output, you would need a pic with at least a clock of 4GHz to do the same (and that the operation wouldn't take more than one clock cycle).
First Be then PSP !!

Offline External Darkness

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • We Are Re-Inventing The Way You Use The PSP
    • Pirazted PSP Downloads
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2008, 07:40:16 AM »
Wow man great job.... that looks awesome

<~External Darkness~> :#1:

<~External Darkness~>

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
    • ROOKIE BUILDERS DISCORD
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2008, 09:40:23 PM »
does anyone know if its possible to have to sd slots installed internal in the psp..i was thinking more of the micro sd cards if it can be done

*Thanks Modders/Friends:Ghost_Death, gr8npwrfl, Blizzrad, Kenshinffx.
*Thanks 802Chives for the Art position!

VoX

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2008, 11:50:32 PM »
does anyone know if its possible to have to sd slots installed internal in the psp..i was thinking more of the micro sd cards if it can be done

Yes it is possible, These SD mods use a card reader and you can use Micro SD cards in them

Offline TaSlAyEr

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • i has a shovel lolz
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2008, 06:08:59 AM »
Yes it is possible, These SD mods use a card reader and you can use Micro SD cards in them
links to get parts to mod lol

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
    • ROOKIE BUILDERS DISCORD
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2008, 04:35:11 PM »
ok sweet what bout if u can like have that added to the original memory for ex like a mp3 has memory stored in already and i can add mroe with the micro sd card

*Thanks Modders/Friends:Ghost_Death, gr8npwrfl, Blizzrad, Kenshinffx.
*Thanks 802Chives for the Art position!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal