Author Topic: what would happen if i rip my faceplate  (Read 2339 times)

Offline hamman42

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
what would happen if i rip my faceplate
« on: May 24, 2008, 01:15:04 PM »
well i got two stripped screws and i want to tak out all the others and then rip my faceplate off this is what i think will happen.
when i rip the faceplate the two screws that i have that are stripped is the bottum battery insert one and the bottum right on the back of the psp. What i think will happen is that when i rip it off the holes in which the screws fall into will be destroyed/dented and indust i cannot replace the screw with that faceplate which im fine with because its only 2 screws....... and please tell me if anything worse can happen in this procedure

Thank you!

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: what would happen if i rip my faceplate
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 03:49:49 PM »
i think i remeber one person who used to much force and as he ripped the faceplate off, all of the internal parts came flying out. so my advice is not use extreme force and be careful, or use other methods like maybe drilling the screw head?

VoX

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 05:26:28 PM »
I had 1 stripped screw and I had to rip of my faceplate too. I only Damaged the trim but it left the plastic from the faceplate screw hole and I had to melt the plastic round the screw to get it out. It all works fine now, just a pain though

Offline hamman42

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 06:16:36 PM »
so should i do it? do u think i would hav that same problim? but wait can i get a screw extractor if anyone of you know where i can get one please share cuz this is a pretty bad issue for me and i cant use a drill cuz my hand really arent that trust wourthy  :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: o and wait will this work i just found this

http://www.asseenontvguys.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=380
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 07:34:11 PM by hamman42 »

Offline Gamer4life

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I will be a Gamer until i die.
    • my own site please join and be active
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 07:39:51 PM »
ok um a couple or so weeks ago b4 i joined am i was watching late night tv and saw this screw extractor and it looked pretty cool but i couldnt remeber what it was called anyway recently some people have been asking 4 a screw extractor so i went looking 4 it and found it and i was wondering if this would work 4 any1

98% of teenage population has tried smoking pot if you're part of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this into your sig

Offline hamman42

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 01:29:38 PM »
guys look i bought this at lowes tell me if this was a good buy. its a titanium drill bit 1/16" 1.59mm it goes through metal wood and plastic. so i just attatch to the drill and do i tak out the screw like that or do i drill through the screw so that the head of it pops off which will happen or if i could chose what is best?

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 01:50:58 PM »
Ok, get the drill bit on, then place it on the head of the screw. you want to put a little pressure on it but not so much that you end up going through the plate (did that myself). drill so you take off the head then you can pop off the faceplate. if you can, use some pliers to twist the remander of the screw out.  :tup:

Offline hamman42

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 03:39:04 PM »
o alrit thanks and is the size i said fine?

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008, 03:46:24 PM »
o alrit thanks and is the size i said fine?

Should be fine mate. i think the one i used was similer.

Offline hamman42

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 03:53:36 PM »
o ok thanks so much im gonna go do the trigger mod  :#1: :clap: :dribble: alright thanks for all the help!!!!

Nemesis: please dont use the same smiley repeatedly as some may find it annoying, thanks
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 04:17:40 AM by Nemesis »

Offline tmandt

• Club AM VIP
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • o.O tOny! JDMKID
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2008, 08:53:59 PM »
I had 1 stripped screw and I had to rip of my faceplate too. I only Damaged the trim but it left the plastic from the faceplate screw hole and I had to melt the plastic round the screw to get it out. It all works fine now, just a pain though

same happened to me spent like an hour trying to get it off. i got hurt in the process lol

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2008, 02:58:34 AM »
o ok thanks so much im gonna go do the trigger mod  :#1: :#1: :#1: :clap: :clap: :clap: :dribble: alright thanks for all the help!!!!

That's cool dude, anytime!  :tup:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal