Author Topic: Fake water cooling  (Read 4586 times)

VoX

Fake water cooling
« on: May 31, 2008, 06:54:26 PM »
My PC stays reasonably cool when using CPU intensive applications so I have really no need to spend money on water cooling. Instead, I'm going to set up water cooling tubes inside my PC with UV reactive water inside the tubes to give it a cool effect. This is a really low cost mod that will look great, I'm going to set it up today

Offline Skullmaster

• God Of Cars
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Admin Force, Co-Owner Wanna-be
    • Acidmods
Re: Fake water cooling
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 07:58:13 PM »
Cool, post pics when your done

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 08:49:29 PM »
EPIC lol
yea this will look cool i think
btw how would u get the water to like move or w/e, does it just sit there or do u have a radiator thing?

Offline Onii

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 10:03:17 PM »
EPIC lol
yea this will look cool i think
btw how would u get the water to like move or w/e, does it just sit there or do u have a radiator thing?

No reason to make it move, you just fill the tubes. I think it'll look great, gonna add in a UV light to make it react tho?

VoX

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 11:02:51 PM »
Yes, I will use a UV Cold Cathode, I'm setting up the tubes now but have been set back as I blew up a fan and a hard drive in my computer. I've got it all fixed and hope to get it up soon, I'm using a simple clear tube for the water so it is like $2 for all of it. I'm also going to paint the IDE cables with red glow in the dark paint to make them stand out

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 04:18:45 PM »
Yes, I will use a UV Cold Cathode, I'm setting up the tubes now but have been set back as I blew up a fan and a hard drive in my computer. I've got it all fixed and hope to get it up soon, I'm using a simple clear tube for the water so it is like $2 for all of it. I'm also going to paint the IDE cables with red glow in the dark paint to make them stand out
how the :censored: did u make a hard drive explode!! lol
that sounds deadly

VoX

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 04:48:47 PM »
It's all fixed up now but it did die and it 500GB harddrive too. Well, when installing Windows on my machine the installation program doesn't come up, So I have to hotswap the harddrive, after the installation started, I've done it a few times, I don't like doing it but its the only way. Well as I was hot swapping it put the 4 Pin power connector on the wrong, Sparks flew and my cathode inverter blew too. The fan's wires melted but I've got that all working too. Its the weekday here, and I'm home sick so I haven't got a lot of progress done. I plan on doing it in the weekend coming

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal