Author Topic: psp hdd  (Read 11548 times)

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: psp hdd
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2008, 10:45:34 AM »
i have another idea, the card readers that read the old memory stick pro duos run off usb,crack one of them open see how its wired and bang copy the exact thing.

http://www.memorysuppliers.com/dazsonusbmem.html

what about that idea?

u really dont understand what you need to do......there are so many things wrong with that idea idk where to begin its not just a simple wireing job those adapterers have a pcb inside that requires all kinda complicated activation commands and what not to be used psp is not a host and is dosent have plug and play drivers for any device other then like the cam and to plug in to pc thats it. there IS NO ADAPTER TO USE A HDD ON PSP you have to make ur own or use a usb host chip and program it. i sugest you learn more about electronics and get the general idea of diff programing protocalls and compatibility before jumping into this. not to discourage you but you have not shown that you have any knolage what so ever on this topic so research this ALOT then decide if ur willing to persew this mod. but till then mod ur psp and other things to hone soldering skills and get acustomed to the scene and learn the basics first.

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
    • 13xic0n administrator\owner
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2008, 03:09:57 PM »
u really dont understand what you need to do......there are so many things wrong with that idea idk where to begin its not just a simple wireing job those adapterers have a pcb inside that requires all kinda complicated activation commands and what not to be used psp is not a host and is dosent have plug and play drivers for any device other then like the cam and to plug in to pc thats it. there IS NO ADAPTER TO USE A HDD ON PSP you have to make ur own or use a usb host chip and program it. i sugest you learn more about electronics and get the general idea of diff programing protocalls and compatibility before jumping into this. not to discourage you but you have not shown that you have any knolage what so ever on this topic so research this ALOT then decide if ur willing to persew this mod. but till then mod ur psp and other things to hone soldering skills and get acustomed to the scene and learn the basics first.
I agree with folklord36 you need to pick up some books and read some data sheets and get more knowledge

Offline red_spider

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2008, 03:27:01 AM »
i dont plan on using a hdd i plan on using a flash drive,i have been reading up on different pin outs,i plan to go through with this anyway and ill post pics to explain what i mean later

Offline IndyChav

• Original.
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2008, 06:47:53 AM »
dont let them discourage you, yes if you plan to do the HDD mdo then you will need to do a lot of research but if you hink you can do it another way then give it a shot, jhope it works out for yah. :tup:

Offline red_spider

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2008, 07:32:59 AM »
its not a hdd drive mod,in theory the max support will be 32gb or whatever the max the card input takes on the psp.
i just think id rather get a large thumb drive rather then a large sony card the thumb drive has many uses.

VoX

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2008, 07:40:14 AM »
Look to mod already made adapters, like the Neoflash ect. This would be easier for you than making an extremely complex converter

Offline JefeSand

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2008, 07:07:42 PM »
Sorry man your ideas are a wash most of what you are planning have been discussed and answered in this thread https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=14584.0 but don't get discouraged just read up.  The one that must not be mentioned was on the right path but got screwed on the programming part.  And just to confirm you can't wire 3, 1 gig memory cards together and expect to have a 3 gig memory card.  Each memory card has a controller in it that tells the device (psp) how big it is and what addressing to use to store information on it.  Your result (at best) in wiring 3 together (if you didn't sort the psp becuase of power issues) would be 3 cards with the same identical information on them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal