Author Topic: new coolmods case  (Read 10835 times)

Offline afataldonkey

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
new coolmods case
« on: June 05, 2008, 07:06:48 AM »
just searching the web today for slim cases and i found this. looks nice as h*ll. hopefully dx will get them soon. http://www.coolmods.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=235

Offline 4dP

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Modder For Hire - AM Donator
    • Modder For Hire website Hire me
Re: new coolmods case
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 07:15:32 AM »
y not just buy from them srsly

PINOY AKO

VoX

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 07:33:20 AM »
Get them from Coolmods, they surpass DealExtreme in service and quality

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 07:48:57 AM »
Get them from Coolmods, they surpass DealExtreme in service and quality

I agree with vox, but the ones from dx have better choice of colours (Hmmm... Camo...) The Metallic blue case from coolmods would be the only case i'd get. have the same look as my blue fatty.

VoX

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 07:51:09 AM »
The new one's they've just added look like their bad quality, but apparently their clear one is very good quality

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 07:58:33 AM »
hmm... Looks nice, maybe i can persue my project... Little on the expensive side though, £15 and i would be happy, but £20?
Retired Modder, minor dabbling from now on :P

Offline afataldonkey

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 01:56:18 PM »
i wont get a coolmods case because $40 is a little too much to spend on a case. id rather spend half that for the same exact thing

Offline tmandt

• Club AM VIP
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • o.O tOny! JDMKID
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 02:02:28 PM »
looks nice but quite expensive

Offline yngmike

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 10:07:09 AM »
I ordered my Clear Case from CoolMods on Sat May 30th... Its Friday 6th still no case :(

Is the CoolMods case higher quality than deal extreme? I hope so cause it was over twice as much with shipping.

w3rd

Offline afataldonkey

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 01:32:56 PM »
I ordered my Clear Case from CoolMods on Sat May 30th... Its Friday 6th still no case :(

Is the CoolMods case higher quality than deal extreme? I hope so cause it was over twice as much with shipping.

nope man, sorry to tell you, but they are both the same quality. the only reason coolmods is more expensive is because they are supposed to have faster shipping. i think you should call them and say something.

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2008, 02:00:22 PM »
your wrong there the coolmods cases are better quality than the DX ones. coolmods make there cases in house as aposed to DX whos come from some cheep chinese factory.

yeh shoot them an email but remember that if it was dx with the free shipping it would take even longer - when i got something from dx it took 4 weeks to get to the UK whereas i ordered from coolmods and it took 2 days

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline afataldonkey

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2008, 03:23:10 PM »
well i was just repeating what i heard. plastic is plastic, it's not going to last forever. well it will but it wont be in the same condition as you got it in forever

Offline cjmcleod

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2008, 11:19:46 PM »
your wrong there the coolmods cases are better quality than the DX ones. coolmods make there cases in house as aposed to DX whos come from some cheep chinese factory.
yeh shoot them an email but remember that if it was dx with the free shipping it would take even longer - when i got something from dx it took 4 weeks to get to the UK whereas i ordered from coolmods and it took 2 days

I don't know what to think about this anymore. I distinctly remember someone stating that both the DX clear case and the Coolmods one came from the same factory.

EDIT: https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=18634.0

EDIT2: Nevermind, I'm an idiot. I didn't read through the whole thread.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 11:22:22 PM by cjmcleod »

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2008, 02:59:31 AM »
The Clear Cases i had for Phats, the Dx ones were better quality, and had the Sony Printing on! TBH i think Coolmods charges way to much, Dx stocks quality products, and offers it at prices that make your mods riskable.

Offline Kenshinffx

• Le Artiste
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • The Pain matters not, Only the Journey ahead
    • Acidmods
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2008, 08:33:17 AM »
OMFG!!   I'm absolutely sick of you guys slandering Coolmods!  They are our Site Sponsor and you guys treat them like crap! 

Let me give you a little wakeupcall shall we?  The coolmods case is much better than DX's.  they have quality testing and are much MUCH more Complete in their customer service and timing.. 

I'm gonna bash each one of you and then put this in writing,  Deda got demoted for Bashing Coolmods like this..  ANYONE else I see doing this from here on out will be Dealt with.. 

What you say directly influences Our site sponsors business, and if you are going to Slander or badmouth someone,  AT LEAST HAVE A TRUTH TO BACK IT UP.

So let's shoot this down shall we? 

Q:  Aren't they the same case?
A:  Coolmods makes their cases at an IN HOUSE factory in Britain,  They DO NOT get them from the same place as DX,  And as a matter of a fact,  I dare one of you to buy both cases..  You will see tinting differences and colors variations.  The Coolmods case looks cleaner.

Q:  Why is it so Expensive? 
A:  Mattzani,  I like you bro,  But coolmods has had their eye on you for awhile.  Apparently it was both you AND Deda that have been spreading rumors and stating that it's too Expensive,   What the hell are you whining for?  YOU LIVE IN THE UK!  You don't even have to deal with the Exchange rate..   But those of us from the USA have to deal with excruciating Customs from Britain, Also the Exchange rate, And Quality Control.

Q:  Why don't they have the Logos?
A:  Because Printing a logo of a company that Does not Belong to you IS ILLEGAL.  It's Copyright Infringement.  DX are chinese knockoffs,  Of course they don't give a crap about copyright infringement but Respectable companies like Coolmods,  Or better yet Decalgirl (I'm sure some of you noticed they won't accept Logo's either right?) will not break the law to accrue sales.

And in closing,  Look at the exchange rate for DX shall we?  They get their money reconverted to Singapore Dollars.  So let's give you an Equation..  Since the Chinese have a better USD to SG exchange rate..  Let's see how much everything is.

Okay so a clear case is 20 pounds,  So let's do the math

1 Clear Case from Coolmods
20 pounds - including shipping
Convert 20 pounds to dollars.   $40

Okay so now we've Established that Coolmods get's no Gain from Selling their things so expensive,  It's the exchange rate factor..  Let's see about DX

1 Clear Case From DX
$20.71 including free no guaranteed shipping,  Or for you British people..    10.51 pounds.  And for your Euro People..  13.13
The price converted into Singapore Dollars is - 28.24 SG

Now,  I wonder what the price of, say an MP3 is in Singapore Dollars...  It's SG$1.65 
How much is it for that Same song in iTunes?  $0.99

Wow,  So DX charges you less in Dollars yeah,  but that's only cause they Make it all back in each sale.  They ARE ACTUALLY OVERCHARGING YOU..  Can you imagine how much just 80 extra cents adds up over each dollar?  They make it all back with each sale..   Do you think they give a crap about Your modding?  No, they just want to deal in product and rip money off of hard working companies like Coolmods..

Did you know that when the Clear Case was first released,  It was a Custom Job done for like $90?  I first saw it on Ebay and then I came here and saw the cases on Coolmods and bought one.  Coolmods was the FIRST maker to design a Clear Case to be used in Mainstream Modding,  Do you think that DX did that?  Even Camy?  No.   Coolmods released the Clear Case,  and now they've release ALL these new case styles that they NEVER had on their site and all you can do is :censored: that it's too expensive..   It's variety and they guarantee their product,  They are The True Modders Advocate..

And you will see that soon enough..   I want to See NO MORE SLANDERING on Coolmods on AM anymore..  At least if you do,  Have something good enough to Combat what I just put in front of you..

That is all.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 08:46:07 AM by Kenshinffx »

VoX

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2008, 08:46:35 AM »
Couldn't of said it better myself Ken. They support the site your using you guys, come on.

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2008, 02:04:28 PM »
I Support Coolmods (I Suppose) But i just cant compare the price.

Also, everything i order from DX either isnt available on Coolmods, or im making an order anyway.

Also, why do coolmods care if the logo breaks the law? The Mold is Copyrighted by Sony too, so by manufacturing them they are breaking the law too, unless they have purchased the mold of off Sony, Like CAMY did.

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2008, 02:48:42 PM »
btw ken, on that slim smoke black case, the psp logo is on it....

THEY BROKE THE LAW!!!!

BTW, this is not going against coolmods/\/\/\/\

and I bought both the Dx and coolmods
To me, the coolmods one is just not as foggy
so I agree I perfer the coolmods ones, easy to put on rather than Coolmods
and Dx also has an awsome deal for 20$ a case
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 02:26:02 PM by MARIOPARTY53 »
However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

Offline afataldonkey

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2008, 08:27:06 AM »
OMFG!!   I'm absolutely sick of you guys slandering Coolmods!  They are our Site Sponsor and you guys treat them like crap! 

Let me give you a little wakeupcall shall we?  The coolmods case is much better than DX's.  they have quality testing and are much MUCH more Complete in their customer service and timing.. 

I'm gonna bash each one of you and then put this in writing,  Deda got demoted for Bashing Coolmods like this..  ANYONE else I see doing this from here on out will be Dealt with.. 

What you say directly influences Our site sponsors business, and if you are going to Slander or badmouth someone,  AT LEAST HAVE A TRUTH TO BACK IT UP.

So let's shoot this down shall we? 

Q:  Aren't they the same case?
A:  Coolmods makes their cases at an IN HOUSE factory in Britain,  They DO NOT get them from the same place as DX,  And as a matter of a fact,  I dare one of you to buy both cases..  You will see tinting differences and colors variations.  The Coolmods case looks cleaner.

Q:  Why is it so Expensive? 
A:  Mattzani,  I like you bro,  But coolmods has had their eye on you for awhile.  Apparently it was both you AND Deda that have been spreading rumors and stating that it's too Expensive,   What the hell are you whining for?  YOU LIVE IN THE UK!  You don't even have to deal with the Exchange rate..   But those of us from the USA have to deal with excruciating Customs from Britain, Also the Exchange rate, And Quality Control.

Q:  Why don't they have the Logos?
A:  Because Printing a logo of a company that Does not Belong to you IS ILLEGAL.  It's Copyright Infringement.  DX are chinese knockoffs,  Of course they don't give a crap about copyright infringement but Respectable companies like Coolmods,  Or better yet Decalgirl (I'm sure some of you noticed they won't accept Logo's either right?) will not break the law to accrue sales.

And in closing,  Look at the exchange rate for DX shall we?  They get their money reconverted to Singapore Dollars.  So let's give you an Equation..  Since the Chinese have a better USD to SG exchange rate..  Let's see how much everything is.

Okay so a clear case is 20 pounds,  So let's do the math

1 Clear Case from Coolmods
20 pounds - including shipping
Convert 20 pounds to dollars.   $40

Okay so now we've Established that Coolmods get's no Gain from Selling their things so expensive,  It's the exchange rate factor..  Let's see about DX

1 Clear Case From DX
$20.71 including free no guaranteed shipping,  Or for you British people..    10.51 pounds.  And for your Euro People..  13.13
The price converted into Singapore Dollars is - 28.24 SG

Now,  I wonder what the price of, say an MP3 is in Singapore Dollars...  It's SG$1.65 
How much is it for that Same song in iTunes?  $0.99

Wow,  So DX charges you less in Dollars yeah,  but that's only cause they Make it all back in each sale.  They ARE ACTUALLY OVERCHARGING YOU..  Can you imagine how much just 80 extra cents adds up over each dollar?  They make it all back with each sale..   Do you think they give a crap about Your modding?  No, they just want to deal in product and rip money off of hard working companies like Coolmods..

Did you know that when the Clear Case was first released,  It was a Custom Job done for like $90?  I first saw it on Ebay and then I came here and saw the cases on Coolmods and bought one.  Coolmods was the FIRST maker to design a Clear Case to be used in Mainstream Modding,  Do you think that DX did that?  Even Camy?  No.   Coolmods released the Clear Case,  and now they've release ALL these new case styles that they NEVER had on their site and all you can do is :censored: that it's too expensive..   It's variety and they guarantee their product,  They are The True Modders Advocate..

And you will see that soon enough..   I want to See NO MORE SLANDERING on Coolmods on AM anymore..  At least if you do,  Have something good enough to Combat what I just put in front of you..

That is all.

damn i got owned. sorry for saying stuff about coolmods, i guess i just believed what other people said. i only go for DX cause im in the US and im only 14 and have no way of making money so it is kinda hard for me to get a case for $40. right now if you open up my wallet all you will see is my bus pass and my receipts for my slim. again sorry for putting down coolmods.

Offline Kenshinffx

• Le Artiste
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Acidmods
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2008, 10:46:18 AM »
I Support Coolmods (I Suppose) But i just cant compare the price.

Also, everything i order from DX either isnt available on Coolmods, or im making an order anyway.

Also, why do coolmods care if the logo breaks the law? The Mold is Copyrighted by Sony too, so by manufacturing them they are breaking the law too, unless they have purchased the mold of off Sony, Like CAMY did.

No the mold isn't publicly owned.  It's like if I make a vector of a popular logo.  I drew it,  I didn't trace it.  So it's original..  To an extent.  I can't claim it's my logo..  But I CAN claim it's my drawing.

btw ken, on that slim smoke black case, the psp logo is on it....

THEY BROKE THE LAW!!!!

BTW, this is not going against coolmods/\/\/\/\

and I bought both the Dx and coolmods
To me, the coolmods one is just not as foggy
so I agree I perfer the Dx ones, easy to put on rather than Coolmods
and Dx also has an awsome deal for 20$ a case

Dude,  You must be blind.  Did you see the exchange rate?  They are charging $29  Coolmods is charging 20..     You have to look at the exchange rate from the Countrys point of view..   Coolmods charges 20 pounds,  Which just so happens to exchange into $40 in US Currency.  DX is charging SG29 which just so happens to convert to $20 US Currency..   Technically,  For them to be charging SG20,  They would have to be selling it for $15..

Does that make sense?

Yeah Fatal,  You guys are all still kids..  I understand it's expensive...  But just don't teat it like they are shortchanging you oon purpose..  That's what DX is doing..   Coolmods is just having to deal with what they have to to not get attacked by Sony..  DX is prolly one of those Chinese Manufacturers that shut themselves down every so often so the operation doesn't get raided by the Officials.   
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 10:49:13 AM by Kenshinffx »

Offline afataldonkey

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2008, 02:35:39 PM »
k man. glad to see people understand and nobody is grabbing their shotguns to come hunt me down (atleast i hope). honestly i really dont like having the sony logo on my psp. i dont like sony that much i only got a psp because it is easy to mod and i think that game systems are boring (except n64 and any other system that plays zelda). back to topic. can we just drop this whole dispute about how DX is worse than coolmods and vise versa and get back to the case  :beg: . somebody posted that they bought the coolmods smoke black and DX smoke black case. how come i cant find the DX smoke black case on their site? or am i confused?

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2008, 04:01:17 PM »
how come Dx and coolmods have the same cases then? Just 1 week ago I saw Dx's new cases (crystal blue, red, light blue, mint green, violet, pink etc) and now coolmods have the same ones (appearance wise)

Also, coolmods cases show the PSP logo, which is copyrighted by Sony, and I wouldn't be surprised if it had the logos on the front too.

But, if Geoff wants to send me a red case to compare to the one I ordered from Dx, to prove they are better, I will happily accept and do a review comparison, in the end thats the only way to stop the arguement, with proof

Offline afataldonkey

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2008, 06:56:29 PM »
how come Dx and coolmods have the same cases then? Just 1 week ago I saw Dx's new cases (crystal blue, red, light blue, mint green, violet, pink etc) and now coolmods have the same ones (appearance wise)

Also, coolmods cases show the PSP logo, which is copyrighted by Sony, and I wouldn't be surprised if it had the logos on the front too.

But, if Geoff wants to send me a red case to compare to the one I ordered from Dx, to prove they are better, I will happily accept and do a review comparison, in the end thats the only way to stop the arguement, with proof

how good of quality is the red case you got? does it feel like if you hit it with a hammer it will shatter? well not really, but does it feel like it is only worth 50 cents?

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2008, 04:06:52 AM »
havent got it yet, but all the other cases i got from DX feel fine.

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2008, 09:56:33 AM »
havent got it yet, but all the other cases i got from DX feel fine.

The red one is just as good, really nice finish and the red trim is well coloured (no blemishes).

Offline Kenshinffx

• Le Artiste
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Acidmods
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2008, 10:29:34 AM »

Dude,  Then how come Coolmods doesn't have some of the cases that DX does?  You need to STFU and stop bashing them..  DX has the same colors because they copy them.

An NO,  The Front Doesn't have logos..  And they do have proof.  I have both cases..  Stop begging for a free sample dude.  It's pathetic

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2008, 10:38:19 AM »
Im not, why would i need a colour i already have? And if Dx are copying them, why did Dx have them first (something to do with how Dx are closer to the factory maybe???)

Look, i just want some proof, like photos of where they make them, with say, f00's 360 controller he made for Geoff in, to prove its in the uk?

Offline TheBlackShadowX

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2008, 12:42:00 PM »
I've been a lurker here for awhile and been looking at the various arguments for and against coolmods and/or dx. I've only seen pics of the cases until now...as I haven't received anything from dx after placing an order about a month ago...which sucks. From what I can tell the phat cases and their dx counterparts don't look that different...other than the fact you have to mess around with the dx case just to get it to work right. Which usually isn't something you would want to do with something you just bought.

From what I can tell by looking at the pics in lordnico's review of the coolmods diamond clear slim case I am certain the coolmods have perfected their art with the slim cases. They look friggin amazing, and I doubt the dx ones can come even close to that quality as they did with the phat ones. I also think 40 bucks for a case plus shipping is reasonable and the only reason people are blasting coolmods prices is that dx has theirs ridiculously cheap in comparison.

I mean everyone else charges 20 bucks or more for only a faceplate like decalgirl for example since that's the only other site I'd actually order from. So I don't see why 40 dollars seems unreasonable for what your getting. Quite honestly the only reason I was considering a dx case was because of the logos on the faceplate which I've become really fond of at this point.

So unless I need something really cheap and have an infinite amount of time to receive it...I think I'm gonna be a coolmods customer from now on.

phenomenal

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2008, 02:41:40 PM »
Coolmods, i spent £60 worth on cases and wire

Turns out they didnt give me the wire i asked for (they gave it in all the same color and it was shorter than i bought)

and the cases didnt even fit

And the dx cases fitted fine, everything came and its less than half of coolmods including P&P

Offline W4573D

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I aM< sUpEr > SeXy
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2008, 10:27:10 AM »
true cool mods suck i bought my first case from them when i started modding it was 40 usd plus shipping 55 dollars and no at dx i bought 2 slim case 1 clear and 1 red for les then 40 dollars and free shipping and there better quality and they come with the buttons not like in cool mods the make you pay for buttons

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal