Author Topic: psp chotto cam internal mod  (Read 2265 times)

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
psp chotto cam internal mod
« on: June 11, 2008, 07:38:26 PM »
Hey I was wondering which points do we solder from the chotto cam to which points on the usb point on the mobo? Because after reading the tutorial, I understand everything... except when he wires it up.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline 4dP

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Modder For Hire - AM Donator
    • Modder For Hire website Hire me
Re: psp chotto cam internal mod
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 08:18:00 PM »
look at how you normally plug the cam in and just find each wire to each pin on the usb port

PINOY AKO

VoX

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 03:47:40 AM »
Does it work with out a switch? I though you had to wire up the grounds of both devices to a DIP switch?

Offline yngmike

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 11:33:23 AM »
It should work without any switches at all.. The tricky part starts if you still want to use the USB port to read/write to your ms pro duo.... If thats the case ( I haven't done so yet but intend to for my slim ) it's probably safe to say you need a switch for the Vbus at a minimum and possibly the positive lead from the 2 gold pins at the top.... 

If you don't intend to use the USB port just use a continuity tester to figure out the pinout. It should be straight through but you just don't want to get it backwards.... if you wired vbus to ground you might end up with a dead usb controller on your PSP.

w3rd

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 01:34:57 PM »
It should work without any switches at all.. The tricky part starts if you still want to use the USB port to read/write to your ms pro duo.... If thats the case ( I haven't done so yet but intend to for my slim ) it's probably safe to say you need a switch for the Vbus at a minimum and possibly the positive lead from the 2 gold pins at the top.... 

If you don't intend to use the USB port just use a continuity tester to figure out the pinout. It should be straight through but you just don't want to get it backwards.... if you wired vbus to ground you might end up with a dead usb controller on your PSP.

Lmao what's a continuity tester?

Offline yngmike

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 01:36:26 PM »
What's so funny?

A continuity tester checks to see if there is a connection between two points on a wire....

Example: Cut off one end of a usb cable, and strip the wires. It will allow you to tell that the which wire is connected to what pin on the connector...

Continuity tester mode should be available on most Voltage meters...

w3rd

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 01:38:05 PM »
Oh cool.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal