Author Topic: *sigh* internet  (Read 1700 times)

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
*sigh* internet
« on: June 20, 2008, 09:40:42 PM »
ok i got 2 simple problems and i want to see if you guys can help me out
alright, 1st i had wireless in my room but its pretty much :censored:, so i got a 50 foot ethernet cable and ran it through the walls from the router to my room, but all of a sudden it stopped working, idk wtf is wrong with it because wen i plug the cable into my computer a little box pops up and sais "network cable unplugged" and wen i looks on my router the luight isnt lit up wen i put the cable in, and i have tried the other ports, so its the cable, but it seems to only be on the router side because my computer is obviously picking it up that its there but my router is not broken and it does not pick it up that its there.
ok thats the 1st problem heres the 2nd, ok well wen the ethernet stopped working i got my wireless thing back out and plugged it in and set it up, and i've got it in a spot where it shows 4 out of 5 bars on the program, but it sais "limited or no conectivity" and my internet has rly been pissing me off lately because it always stops and the wirless must suck because my moms computer always gas trouble too. and im pretty sure its not the router because its pretty much new, few months old and its a good linksys one.
so maybe these things not so simple after all eh, lol
thx if ya can help me =]

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
Re: *sigh* internet
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 11:00:40 PM »
unplug the Modem and the router for 30 seconds.  plug back in and it should fix the problem.

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 03:11:01 PM »
unplug the Modem and the router for 30 seconds.  plug back in and it should fix the problem.
um yea, no luck..

Offline pax

• CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Sig and Avatar by INDYCHASE
    • GAMING LAGOON - Join now for free prizes
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 11:26:02 AM »
have you tried resetting it, theres usually a pinhole at the back, put something small like a pin and hold it there for 10-20 (seconds depending on the router) until all lights go out. then turn it off unplug everything, plug everything back in and turn on again.

Guppy > Chief Squatting Hard > 1/2 Pint > Fart Sniffer > Tone Deff > Motor Mouth > Allumnist > King of the Wii-tards > Who Farted > Poker Champ > Chaos Lover > Bomb Maker > CyberPyrot Wannabe

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 11:33:55 AM »
do you have cable internet plugged in to run the whole thing?

if so then when you try resetting it then unplug everything, plug it back in then hit the reset button... i have to do that with my modem (dont have a router yet) when i switch from internet to xbox live

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
    • 13xic0n administrator\owner
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 10:03:48 PM »
ya bro everyone burns up their router just unplug let it sit and reset.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal