Author Topic: Screw of DS Phat messed up? Can't unscrew it?  (Read 2740 times)

Offline JoHnOfDaDeAd

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • XBL Frenzy
Screw of DS Phat messed up? Can't unscrew it?
« on: July 05, 2008, 11:20:36 AM »
Hey Guys

I just have one more screw left on the bottom of my DS phat. Now the problem is that it looks like I may have messed up the shape of the screw while tryin to unscrew it. What can I do now?: :confused:

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
Re: Screw of DS Phat messed up? Can't unscrew it?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 05:44:24 PM »
uhhh, Tear it out?
Melt it out
Drill it out

However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 08:57:48 PM »
XD melt it out, no but seriously, best thing to do, is get a drill abotu the size of the screw or smaller, and slowly drill it out. If done right, it should be able to come out of the case, with minor injury to the actual screwhole. Just be careful not to drill the board ;P.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 10:04:37 PM »
you could also melt a cheap plastic pen and place it on top on the screw while it's melted and wait for it to harden (while it's still on top of the screw) and you have a little screwdriver just for that screw.

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 10:56:18 AM »
Yeah but wouldn't it melt into the plastic surrounding the screw as well? I'd probably say just try to drill it before going into melting. And, if you have money and don't mind waiting, there is a product that drills into any broken screw, then unscrews it with a special bit made to go into broken drills, lol.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal