Author Topic: Wii Mod: Berserk theme  (Read 5280 times)

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
Wii Mod: Berserk theme
« on: July 07, 2008, 06:40:47 PM »
I am about 90% done on this. I thought some current pics would be nice to share though:

By rhayes33

[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline Skullmaster

• God Of Cars
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Admin Force, Co-Owner Wanna-be
    • Acidmods
Re: Wii Mod: Berserk theme
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 07:57:23 PM »
omg that is sweet!!!! Where do you get a case like that and so on?

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 08:50:23 PM »
HOLY.:censored:. That has to be THE #1 wii I've ever seen! That far surpasses the zelda and mario ones in my eyes. Oh my GOD THAT'S AWESOME

Offline 2XElite

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 11:50:38 PM »
wow hazer not being sarcastic or anything but that is best wii NOW, this inspired me so much to modding my wii, im gonna start in a week or so once my C**P comes in ya know ya know  :tup:
keep buttering my biscuits.

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 05:21:10 AM »
that is amazing how did you get the display to work and show up etc. awsome

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 09:45:07 AM »
wow, who would think A skin would be so cool!!!  :hifive: nice
However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 11:24:11 AM »
I'm pretty sure it's hooked up to a mod chip.They support LCD displays

Offline robin1989

• Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 12:40:06 PM »
kwl - someone should really go round the news sites tipping them off about this mod as its awsome and everyone should see it

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 04:19:27 PM »
Thanks guys.  I was inspired by some of the magnificent work done here.

omg that is sweet!!!! Where do you get a case like that and so on?

The case I got from Ebay. I also got an XCM ii-chameleon case, but only used the heatsink and base from it. The XCM case is cloudy, while the case I got from Ebay (Hong Kong) was crystal clear. There is a trick to clear plastic and LEDs: If you mount the LEDs into the plane of the glass, it creates what you see here. Edge-lighting. It makes all of the edges glow, and any etches you have made in the surface light-up ten times brighter than spot-lighting with LEDs. It is the same principle as lightguides. Most of these pictures were taken during daylight hours and it really does glow that bright.

I have a PIC microchip that reads out the gameID of the disc and displays it. I also have it controlling the ii-case lights to change mode by changing discs.

I'm pretty sure it's hooked up to a mod chip.They support LCD displays

I saw a 2x16 LCD kit available from a modchip site and this gave me the inspiration. But this is not a modchip. I programmed it myself as I have been programming PICs for hobby/PC Modding projects for some time. I even created a 'PICs for dummies' website just for people aspiring to make thier own creations for PC/Console case mod ideas. Currently the display will read the gameID code that is used for savegames (where I got the info from) and created a look-up table to grab a 20 character string to display the game title (shorthand) on the fourth line. The first line just uses the same code to determine if it is a Wii game or a GC game.

I have 2 crystal clear controller shells and vinyl skins left to do. But first I need to test my SMD soldering skills to replace the LEDs and do the 'Smart A Player Indicator Mod'. I am gonna swap out the SMD LEDs for Red-Green-Yellow on the bottom and also light up the A button with those same colors depending on which player the wiimote is. It is not an original idea, but it seems like it just has to be done. I think I will also do one more Brand symbol on the wiimotes also with a red LED.

The case itself will get a once-over to fine finish the vinyl detailing and then I will do some really hi-res pics/video to show it off proper.

In the meantime, photo gallery is here:http://profile.imageshack.us/user/rhayes33

If you guys dont mind the bandwidth for pics, I could do the work log here.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 04:24:09 PM by Hazer »
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline megaturbo

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 04:33:35 PM »
i ll siad one word      WOW :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2008, 08:12:41 PM »
Oh my god...I'm speachless...This is...absolutely amazing. I can't believe you coded for that yourself too. Wow man... this is definitely the #1 Wii mod I've EVER seen. Would you EVER consider selling or trading that?

Offline robin1989

• Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 03:42:56 AM »
you should post a work log as most people have broadband so its ok

Offline MykR0

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • mini me says?
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2008, 05:54:56 PM »
nice mod man
-Projects done-
     psp slim
-Current Project-
        Wii
Neelix:  “Coffee, anyone?  Captain?”  Captain Janeway:  "No thanks.  I've had enough.  One more cup and I'll jump to warp." 01100110 01110101 01100011 01101011 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 ^translate me :)

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2008, 06:12:05 PM »
I can't believe you coded for that yourself too.

I cannot take full credit. I stole the 'interface' from the homebrew scene. I removed the backup stuff and took what I wanted from it, which was the ability to read out the game ID (ex RMGE where R=Wii MG=Super Mario Galaxy and E=English USA). From there I went to Wiisave and took the gamecodes to build a table to decode the game titles. Half the chips memory is dedicated to a lookup table to send the LCD the 20 characters for the title. I have 100 titles stored and have been testing them with rentals. So far so good  :tup:

Would you EVER consider selling or trading that?

I dont think I can. I know Ramone (Zelda, Samus, Clerks) sells his for charity, but I did this for me. I may someday do another Wii mod that could be passed along, but the Berserk one will have to stay with me.

you should post a work log as most people have broadband so its ok

I think I will start that tonight. I dont want to simply copy my other one, so I'll start the journey fresh in a new post.

Offline redryno1221

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Redrynotuts
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2008, 11:05:53 AM »
That is a beautiful wii definitely one of the best EVER....

Offline TW1NKY

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2008, 06:56:13 PM »
This is ridiculously kick ass!
Keep up the great work  :hifive:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal