Author Topic: PSP Slim Problem  (Read 2573 times)

Offline GameFreak450

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
PSP Slim Problem
« on: July 31, 2008, 12:13:10 AM »
Hello, I got a problem with psp slim. The backlight won't turn on. I believe it's the fault of fuse. And now the problem is, where could i find the fuses in psp slim? I looked on the internet and only found the scheme for a fat psp. Could anyone help me?

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
Re: PSP Slim Problem
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 04:53:44 AM »
Hi gameFreak450, welcome to acidmods!

Here's a pic of the fuse.

Offline GameFreak450

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 02:31:36 PM »
Okay, I found the fuse on the PSP slim. I read on another forum that you have to wire it & solder it to prevent it from moving. Do you have a guide to help me fix it? I know it's a lot to ask of you, but I really would like to fix it for my son.

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 03:34:59 PM »
Okay, I found the fuse on the PSP slim. I read on another forum that you have to wire it & solder it to prevent it from moving. Do you have a guide to help me fix it? I know it's a lot to ask of you, but I really would like to fix it for my son.

It's a really easy concept. I'll run through what to do. Once you have located the fuse on the back of your mobo then you going to want to put some electrical tape around the fuse to make sure u don't accidentally destroy anything ;). Then you want to fire up your iron and prepare a small piece of wire that will be able to connect both sides of the resister while keeping in in a realistic size to work with. I'd say about 1cm. Once your striped the plastic at the ends of the wire, tin it. Put some flux paste if you have it on the resister and on the tips of your wire. Then bend the wire to make it touch both sides of the resister. I used a piece of tape to hold it down put thats optional. Then go ahead and touch both sides of the resister with the iron. It should stick but if not keep trying, you'll get it eventually.

Offline hardydude

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 03:57:36 PM »

It's a really easy concept. I'll run through what to do. Once you have located the fuse on the back of your mobo then you going to want to put some electrical tape around the fuse to make sure u don't accidentally destroy anything ;). Then you want to fire up your iron and prepare a small piece of wire that will be able to connect both sides of the resister while keeping in in a realistic size to work with. I'd say about 1cm. Once your striped the plastic at the ends of the wire, tin it. Put some flux paste if you have it on the resister and on the tips of your wire. Then bend the wire to make it touch both sides of the resister. I used a piece of tape to hold it down put thats optional. Then go ahead and touch both sides of the resister with the iron. It should stick but if not keep trying, you'll get it eventually.

I don't mean to be a pain in the butt, but do you have pictures to show how to do this concept? I work better by looking at pictures, not by following directions  :tup:

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 04:08:22 PM »

I don't mean to be a pain in the butt, but do you have pictures to show how to do this concept? I work better by looking at pictures, not by following directions  :tup:

Of coarse your not being a pain. AM is all about helping each other  :tup:
Idk if this helps, but here's a pic of how the wire should be. I can't get a real pic so this is the best I can do :faint:

Offline GameFreak450

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 04:25:08 PM »
Of coarse your not being a pain. AM is all about helping each other  :tup:
Idk if this helps, but here's a pic of how the wire should be. I can't get a real pic so this is the best I can do :faint:

I don't even know if the fix to the fuse is going to fix all of my problems. Maybe it could be something larger than the fuse. & I don't want to take any chances of ruining my PSP if I don't know if this is the real problem. But then on the other hand, what if the problem is the fuse? Oh man, this is a tough decision  :confused:

Offline DLoc

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 04:35:06 PM »
I'm not 100% sure, but I think you could test the fuse with a multi-meter. See if there is any current going to it and from it.

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 04:49:37 PM »
I don't even know if the fix to the fuse is going to fix all of my problems. Maybe it could be something larger than the fuse. & I don't want to take any chances of ruining my PSP if I don't know if this is the real problem. But then on the other hand, what if the problem is the fuse? Oh man, this is a tough decision  :confused:

Alright well Have you made sure your connections are all working? If so and it doesn't work, there's nothing else it could really be... Unless your screen is broken. Even so bridging the backlight fuse won't break anything, even if it isn't broken.

Offline GameFreak450

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2008, 04:58:25 PM »

Alright well Have you made sure your connections are all working? If so and it doesn't work, there's nothing else it could really be... Unless your screen is broken. Even so bridging the backlight fuse won't break anything, even if it isn't broken.

Yes, all of my connections are working fine, & my screen isn't broken cause I replaced it with a new one. So if bridging won't work, I guess there's no way of fixing the PSP?

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2008, 05:00:21 PM »
Yes, all of my connections are working fine, & my screen isn't broken cause I replaced it with a new one. So if bridging won't work, I guess there's no way of fixing the PSP?

Anything can be fixed. But dude just bridge the fuse then we will worry about that later if it doesn't work.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal