Author Topic: Internet hacking??  (Read 6573 times)

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
Internet hacking??
« on: August 10, 2008, 01:36:16 AM »
Hey, my friend just recently got access to our school internet which has a password on it. He said he shelled Linux to bypass the internet security. My question is... How?!!  :faint:

Offline Ino

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Internet hacking??
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 12:16:44 PM »
Now I'm just basing it off of how it is on  *my* school.

The computers at my school run WindowsXP and each student has a username and password, so they can monitor our activity on the internet, and what programs are ran... I heard you could do something similar to what you said, so I installed Xubuntu on a usb drive and booted the computer off it and I could indeed access the internet while it was booted via usb drive, also there were no web filters and :censored: ... I didn't do it long because the teachers at my school would :censored: BRICKS if they saw that..

but yes, possible

EDIT: I dunno if you were talking about what I covered or .. browsing via psp... eh whatever
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 12:26:09 PM by Ino »

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 12:36:09 AM »
Now I'm just basing it off of how it is on  *my* school.

The computers at my school run WindowsXP and each student has a username and password, so they can monitor our activity on the internet, and what programs are ran... I heard you could do something similar to what you said, so I installed Xubuntu on a usb drive and booted the computer off it and I could indeed access the internet while it was booted via usb drive, also there were no web filters and :censored: ... I didn't do it long because the teachers at my school would :censored: BRICKS if they saw that..

but yes, possible

EDIT: I dunno if you were talking about what I covered or .. browsing via psp... eh whatever

Yea I already know that running Linux bypasses the web security. But what I mean is at my school there is wireless internet, and it has a password on it so you can't just access it where ever. My friend got onto it on his psp by shelling linux. And what i want to know is how to shell linux on your psp...

Offline Bhawan

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 12:51:14 PM »
 maybe this is how.... i hav tried windows 95 but i dont know about linux.... however it tells you how on this site.....http://www.hacker.co.il/psp/bochs/          

thanks chase for this sig =)
I miss my dragon lol....

Offline zakky12

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Zakky[ソラ]!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 04:22:13 AM »
hey heres the linux shell, idk about the internet though.

http://www.uclinux.org/

Offline sethion

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 05:50:26 PM »
Im not exactly sure on what shelling is but i read somewhere that wep protected internet can easily be hacked into by using a laptop near the school with a program. It does something to come up with the password which will allow him to use the internet. I cant go into alot of detail as i hear it is illegal to do it.

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 01:55:48 PM »
the programs you talk about use packet sniffing i think to "sniff out" the password used

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline Bhawan

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 02:39:19 PM »
true ... its called backtrack.... its a linux with a set of sniffing and packet capturing programs....but i dont know how to get it working on a psp .... maybe there is something else for a psp...

thanks chase for this sig =)
I miss my dragon lol....

Offline robin1989

• Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 02:49:19 PM »
not that i know of but he probably used a laptop first of all to sniff the password then just entered it in his psp

Offline yngmike

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 06:25:39 PM »
not that i know of but he probably used a laptop first of all to sniff the password then just entered it in his psp

Network Administator <----- yngmike

Anyways. Getting a WEP password with a personal laptop is about as easy as hitting google.com and typing in hack WEP.

Typical 128bit WEP keys are cracked in I'd say 10-12 seconds.. There is a beacon packet sent every few milliseconds from the access point. After enough are gathered they are cross referenced and unhashed.. on voila you have a WEP key...

I'd say then the key would be put into his PSP and he's on.

By "shelling linux" I think your friend meant he just booted knoppix or some other distro that can boot a preconfigured version of linux in read only mode or with a ram drive.... All shelling really means is dropping to the command line or remoting into a linux box at the command line level...Typically a Shell account is a remote linux box you use to perform network actions that appear to come from a different network (IE a proxy)

Either way shouldn't be too difficult.. If the network has WPA-personal you are going to have a bit more trouble... Youre going to need to hide a laptop in a closet somewhere for a few weeks to get the key. I have not hacked WPA in the WILD but I'm told it has been done.   If the network used WPA-Enterprise or WPA2 I'd forget about it. WPA-Enterprise uses a RADIUS server referencing a database or ldap(Active Directory) of pre-authorized machines. WPA2 is the newest flavour of wireless encryption and is VERY VERY strong... The only downside is that older network cards don't support it, most places will run WPA/WPA2 with hopes they will be able to disable WPA in a year or so......

Any who even if you do get the WEP/WPA key you may not be able to get to the internet. Alot of larger organizations are using ISA server which is a proxy and they block direct access to the real internet gateway IE: 192.168.1.1 etc..

Check your internet options and see if proxy is checked under Tools/Internet Settings/Connections/Lan Settings in Internet Explorer.

If there is a proxy server you are likley not able to get to anything you want too.. Oh though they won't be able to track it down to your real machine.. They'll just be ticked they can't find you.. They could track you down to your local access point or block your MAC address then your done permenantl..

Cheers
w3rd

Offline l0rdnic0

• 2%
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +8/-0
  • TeamCYBER

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 09:11:33 PM »
not that I know anything about this, but on a PC you can run an ssh tunnel with putty over https and even with your schools sniffer they couldn't see what you were up to, but I digress this is not something you can do on the PSP.

Remember kids l0rdnic0 is not a hacker, and do, pickup BT3 and learn it.. esp. wifi injection... that's fun stuff.

L0rdNiC0 Pioneering Mods on the PSP Slim :taunt:
Sound Mod, Button LED Mod, Security Mod, Dual NUB, Mode Select Switch + More

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 09:19:14 PM »
not that I know anything about this, but on a PC you can run an ssh tunnel with putty over https and even with your schools sniffer they couldn't see what you were up to, but I digress this is not something you can do on the PSP.

Remember kids l0rdnic0 is not a hacker, and do, pickup BT3 and learn it.. esp. wifi injection... that's fun stuff.
and to that extent you can run an xserver on your pc with putty forwarding the x11 commands to it's hostname to get a graphic display on some functions in unix, not that I know any more than nic0 doesn't
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 07:44:21 AM by Reaper »

Offline robin1989

• Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 02:44:19 AM »
you guys are clever - i should really spend more time learning on the net instead of watching erm videos and playing flash games

Offline l0rdnic0

• 2%
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +8/-0
  • TeamCYBER

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 04:01:16 PM »
and to that extent you can run an xserver on your pc with putty forwarding the x11 commands to it's hostname to get a graphic display on some functions in unix, not that I know any more than nic0 doesn't

I never heard of that x11 stuff Suse anyone???

Offline Skullmaster

• God Of Cars
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Admin Force, Co-Owner Wanna-be
    • Acidmods
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2008, 04:45:50 PM »
Most schools use a ghost server on their network making you not able to use the wifi... I know the password for the wireless at my school but all the psp does is say optaining ip over and over...

and nico its  " I R not a hacker"

Offline l0rdnic0

• 2%
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +8/-0
  • TeamCYBER

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2008, 06:49:03 AM »
As I told you before, your school more then likely uses Radius, LEAP or Certs and that's why you can't get an IP.  I know if I was your schools admin I would not be such a tool to let you on my network.

Look at it this way most people are sheep and I'm well... sort of a cowboy, but I are not a hakzor, really I'm not!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal