Author Topic: Window'ed Gamecube  (Read 4226 times)

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
Window'ed Gamecube
« on: August 10, 2008, 04:57:34 AM »
My Local GameStation is selling gamecubes off for £15! So i decided to pick one up, after loosing the controller to my silver one. The Jewel was pretty damn scratched, so i spent some time buffing it with the good ol' toothpaste, and thats when it hit me, why not make a window! It wont be too hard. After examining the lid, i noticed it has a plastic Moulding which looks like it helps keep the disc in, so i had to keep that, but decided to plow on and cut around it. Not having a nintendo screwdriver i just taped of the disc area, so no plastic could fall inside, or get dust on the lens, and readied my dremel. Thats right, this mod was done with the Flip lid still installed, and not one screw removed! After about an hour of dremeling and sanding, i went to cut a CD Case to fit in the circle, but then i remember, the Gamecube jewel is the perfect size! Using a credit card i slow edged the plastic back off the clear acrylic, then i used White Spirit (Careful, this stuffs toxic!) To remove the black and gamecube logo, this misted the plastic, so more polishing with toothpaste! I Finally got some clear glue, edged the acrylic, and slid it in. Removed the masking tape and it all closed.

The pics arent amazing, taken with my iSight since i cant find my camera :p

Next i want to get a Ninty Screwdriver, and give the thing a good clean out, and add some orange LED's ^^

Oh yeah, this cube is a gift to a friend :p
Retired Modder, minor dabbling from now on :P

Offline aquatsr

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Window'ed Gamecube
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 02:38:18 AM »
OK this looks cool to me cause I have a 'cube that is sitting around gathering dust. I'm debating on whether I want to replace the case with a clear one + LEDs or just continue to be lazy  :laughing:
Kamelot Forever

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 11:00:51 AM »
Why didnt you sand around the jewel?

Besides thats its good
However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 03:20:38 AM »
If i sanded much more it wouldnt fit.
Retired Modder, minor dabbling from now on :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal