Author Topic: Ryan0 screwed me over  (Read 9500 times)

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
Ryan0 screwed me over
« on: September 07, 2008, 11:23:50 AM »
I want to know if im just crazy or am I entilted to a refund in this situation about 4 months ago I bought a LCD from Ryan0 he was hit by a car on the way to shipping it and shipping was delayed about a week

I had no problem with this and was patient I finaly recived the LCD and out of trusting him and lack of time and I did not test the LCD untill about a month after receiveing it when I needed to use it it didn't work unless I pushed hard on the bottom of the lcd or randomly when messing with the cable

I reported it to him and he said it was fine when he shipped it and in working condition he is not responsible for shipping damage so I did not ask for a refund thinking it was shipping damage but 3 days ago I was examining it and 3 traces near the mobo connector seemed to be broken so I figured that was the problem

I was talking to Ryan0 about it and telling him what I was doing to try and fix the LCD and he finaly told me when I was soldering the screen that when he got hit by the car he had it in his hand and it went flying and hit the ground hard and he should have tested before shipping but he didnt witch he told me before he did test it

I just found this out like 3 days ago so I cut above it and soldered the screen no luck still didnt work but it did work for 1 second when moveing it around so I pushed on the glass and ribion part and it worked

the contacts from the ribion and glass part are broken it had to have happend when he got hit by the car because he did not test it after it hit the ground and it did not work when I tested it

I have always trusted him and we talked alot so I have no reason to lie to him about it but this was his response when I finished soldering and found out the real problem and knew I did not cause it and that he did not test after the trama of it flying trought the air and hiting the ground

I asked for a refund he said he is not obligated to a refund because he thinks I did it but I have no reason to lie to him and I reported the problem before and he lied and said it was in perfect working condition when he shipped it and did not admit the truth till a few days ago now am I entiled to a refund in your opinion?

« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 06:07:15 PM by Reaper »

Offline Chase

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Art Team Leader - Globel Moderator
Re: Ryan0 screwed me over
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 11:31:55 AM »
Yes and No, The person who hit Ryan with a car is liable so you are entitled to a refund but he's entitled to form a civil case against the driver for numerous things, trauma, physichal injury, harm to seller reputation, damge to goods and I could probably go on.
     So yes you are entitled to a refund but it's not his fault so it's entirely up to you :)

That's looking at it from a legal perspective ...

Offline loganbyers07

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 11:33:21 AM »
No
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 04:22:23 PM by loganbyers07 »

Thanks for the sig dhuvrock2000

The best way to get cool gaming stuff for free!

Offline tripsalot

• ♥ Poker Champ ♠♣
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • modder knowledge
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 12:04:38 PM »
i agree the person that hit ryan0 is partly responsable,but so is ryan0 for not retesting it after it had been through a trauma like flight and a crash landing.but on the same note if folk waited so long to test it, in a courtroom it would be hard to prove it didnt work apon recieving it,and was damaged by ryan0 or the person that hit him , folklord or even a careless postal worker,also if there was no warrenty implied or actual it falls in the"as is " catagory,and makes it tougher to take into a courtroom.but i see folklords point if ryan0 knew the screen had been through some trauma he should have dislosed this to folklord before shipping just incase of a situation just like this,i think you should be refunded by ryan0 for the screen or have it replaced with a working one,but i am not sure the law will see it the same way.

hope this dont offend the people involved as i have great respect for both of you,but it is a crappy situation

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 02:56:36 PM »
I want to know if im just crazy or am I entilted to a refund in this situation about 4 months ago I bought a LCD from Ryan0 he was hit by a car on the way to shipping it and shipping was delayed about a week I had no problem with this and was patient I finaly recived the LCD and out of trusting him and lack of time and I did not test the LCD untill about a month after receiveing it when I needed to use it it didn't work unless I pushed hard on the bottom of the lcd or randomly when messing with the cable I reported it to him and he said it was fine when he shipped it and in working condition he is not responsible for shipping damage so I did not ask for a refund thinking it was shipping damage but 3 days ago I was examining it and 3 traces near the mobo connector seemed to be broken so I figured that was the problem and I was talking to Ryan0 about it and telling him what I was doing to try and fix the LCD and he finaly told me when I was soldering the screen that when he got hit by the car he had it in his hand and it went flying and hit the ground hard and he should have tested before shipping but he didnt witch he told me before he did test it I just found this out like 3 days ago so I cut above it and soldered the screen no luck still didnt work but it did work for 1 second when moveing it around so I pushed on the glass and ribion part and it worked the contacts from the ribion and glass part are broken it had to have happend when he got hit by the car because he did not test it after it hit the ground and it did not work when I tested it I have always trusted him and we talked alot so I have no reason to lie to him about it but this was his response when I finished soldering and found out the real problem and knew I did not cause it and that he did not test after the trama of it flying trought the air and hiting the ground I asked for a refund he said he is not obligated to a refund because he thinks I did it but I have no reason to lie to him and I reported the problem before and he lied and said it was in perfect working condition when he shipped it and did not admit the truth till a few days ago now am I entiled to a refund in your opinion?

yes partially for the reasons chase gave (there is a but)

but also partially no as you should of just returned it without damaging or modifying it and by soldering it and trying to fix it you lose that right. its like recieving a psp from sony and the screen didnt work you then open it up and try to replace it only o find damaged traces on the motherboard and you try to fix it but cant, so call sony to get a replacement or refund BUT sony is no longer responsible as you have opened it up and messed with it hence voiding the warranty

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 05:41:13 PM »
Very good point robin I understand that completely and agree but that is not how it happened as I said when I first reported the problem he claimed it was tested and working when he shipped so I assumed it was shipping damage witch is not ryan0 fault and that is why I took it apart to see if I could fix it. If it were sony they would have said ok ship it back and we will replace as the warranty was not voided yet but scince it wasnt sony when I reported it was broke I was lied to and told it was tested before shipping. He did not tell me about it hiting the ground untill way after I reported it broken and I had allready taken it apart to fix it then when I told him that I think I found the problem and I was fixing it thats when he decided to tell the truth about it.

Also thanks for confirming im not crazy and this just goes to show that no matter how nice a person seems when it comes to stuff like this their true colors show because I trusted someone and that person lied to me I am out 50 bucks because I have to buy another LCD on top of the broken one to replace it and im stuck with a broken one.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 05:47:28 PM by folklord36 »

Offline Syugo

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 06:07:50 PM »
Well when you look at the core of it, ryan0 does owe him a LCD. That being said ryan0 can also get the money for another LCD from the person who hit him, which was the cause of the malfunction.

ryan0 should have checked it first though.
not suitable for family site

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 06:36:42 PM »
Id rather not have an opinion but Folk is right.

Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 06:38:12 PM »
Speaking on a moral side, it isn't right to lie, and cheat somebody out of a deal. you agreed to a working screen, and you didnt get a working screen. yes, you should, and probrably did, feel bad cause he got hit by a car. But, that doesn't give him the right to send you a non-working screen. He should have tested it. So, I say yes, you deserve a refund.
The thing about him getting money from the person who hit him, thats a different story. he should decide how he is going to pay you back

I am not taking sides, its just the right thing to do.  :tup:

Have a good day
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 06:52:24 PM by RoBot1ks »

Offline Blizzrad

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008, 07:17:04 PM »
The LCD should have been retested before it was shipped to ensure that nothing was damaged by the accident. Folklord should not be stuck with a defective item that was ruined as a result of something which was totally outside of his control. Hopefully he can get a refund, and Ryan can get compensation from the driver who hit him.

Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2008, 07:21:17 PM »
yeah, pretty much  :tup:

Offline budgray19

• Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • OH NO MY CHITTY CHICKEN, NOO NOT MY CHITTY BEEF
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 01:40:29 AM »
yea well legally
he lost his right to return it when he tryed to fix it
thats just the way crap works
i dont believe in cheating ppl either
but teh same thing would go down in teh real world
but if ryan was cool and folk paid teh shipping
he shouuld get a new lcd or something

and if i was the guy who hit ryan id just laugh and slam the door in his face if he came up to my doorstep asking for 50 bucks on a lcd that was in his hand like...4 months ago.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 01:42:43 AM by budgray19 »

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2008, 06:58:01 AM »
but like I said I wouldnt have taken it apart and tried to fix it if he would have let me send it back when I first reported it broken but instead he just lied and said it was in perfect working condition when he shipped and didnt tell the truth about it until 4 days ago when I told him I know whats wrong and im fixing it it was allready too late I was allready fixing it when he told me the truth and he lied when I first cam to him about it.

VoX

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 01:04:02 AM »
He didn't intentionally try to deceive you though, As far as he knew it was working. If he knew that it did not work then that would of been a total scam but he did not know for sure. I think the person that hit him should pay though

Offline robin1989

• Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2008, 02:25:48 AM »
yeh the person who hit him sohuld pay - you should talk to ryan about that

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2008, 06:17:26 PM »
when the hell was ryan0 hit by a car. jesus i havent been on the forum in a long time.

Offline budgray19

• Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008, 06:23:42 PM »
like 3 months ago

Offline robin1989

• Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2008, 12:59:06 AM »
were is ryan0 now

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2008, 06:36:53 AM »
supposedly he is grounded for being suspended or something im sure he has me blocked on msn so I couldnt tell you. and Vox he did intentionally lie he knew the screen had been trough a good bit of trama and when I asked him about it he said "I tested before shipping it worked when I shipped it out" not "I tested it before it got slamed into the ground then I just shipped it anyway" because he knew he probably damaged the screen and didn't wanna give me the refund I am entitled to so he lied to cover hit stacks but then when he thought I fixed it and eveything was ok then he decided to tell me and im sure he got plenty of money from his accident.

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2008, 05:11:33 PM »
Yes and No, The person who hit Ryan with a car is liable so you are entitled to a refund but he's entitled to form a civil case against the driver for numerous things, trauma, physichal injury, harm to seller reputation, damge to goods and I could probably go on.
     So yes you are entitled to a refund but it's not his fault so it's entirely up to you :)

That's looking at it from a legal perspective ...

You say you going to be a bad lawyer :|

but anyway i agree with chase

Offline Chase

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Art Team Leader - Globel Moderator
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2008, 05:22:46 PM »
You say you going to be a bad lawyer :|

but anyway i agree with chase

Uhm What ? :S

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2008, 03:43:31 PM »
1st of all:I was suspended and i was grounded,I can photocopy the :censored:ing note if u want

2nd of all:you buy a product off dealextreme,if its faulty you return it within 4 weeks you are refunded,after 4 weeks they won't give you a penny,you waited 4 MONTHS WITHOUT EVEN TESTING IT!!!Whats more is you took the screen apart,cut off the ribbon,and soldered to it!!!!!!,for all I know you could have taken it apart,screwed up whatever you were meant to do with it,and say this so you can get your money back.
If you hadn't have opened up,cut the ribbon,and soldered to the screen I would have refunded you in an instant,but you did,and if you think posting about it and whining is going to solve anything it's not...
It isn't MY fault I was hit by a :censored:ing car!!!!
If you bought a laptop brand new,brought it home and it didnt work,you wouldn't take it apart?you'd bring it straight back to the shop in the same condition it was sold to you in,you get refunded,simple as.You took it apart,cut the ribbon,soldered did god know what else to it.
And no I haven't blocked you on msn so grow the :censored: up and stop whinging about a problem that couldve been solved had you the wherewithal and common sense not to dessimate the screen before asking for a refund.

3rd of all: stop :censored:ing lying,I did NOT tell you that when I was hit by the car that the screen went flying and that it was in my hand or whatever you want to believe I said.I walked out in front of an exit to a car park,then I woke up in an ambulance with a n20 mask over my face,you think I'd remember what happened the screen?do you actually think I cared about the screen when my foot was perpendicular to my leg?!?!?!maybe the screen wasn't even damaged?Tell me was there any damage to the packaging implying that the package hit the ground hard e.g pebbles/tarmac?(don't even try and say there was because I seen the packaging after the accident)?

you were never one to tell the whole story folklord,and people here know it and can see right through it,you did not test the lcd after a month,and even if you did you didnt tell me about it for another 3 months

to tripsalot: after the accident I did tell folklord about me being hit by the car,the screen was well packaged so I was fairly sure it was ok,I had my Mum post it the second time for obvious reasons (me hobbling about on an ankle cast),I was a little precoccupied with medication and painkillers,folklord said fine ok whatever.He knew that I had been in an accident and that trauma could have been caused to the screen yet he still went through with the transaction,then proceeded not to test the screen after he received it for 4 months!!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 04:00:32 PM by ryan0 »
Derp.

Offline loganbyers07

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2008, 04:01:19 PM »
1st of all:I was suspended and i was grounded,I can photocopy the :censored:ing note if u want

2nd of all:you buy a product off dealextreme,if its faulty you return it within 4 weeks you are refunded,after 4 weeks they won't give you a penny,you waited 4 MONTHS WITHOUT EVEN TESTING IT!!!Whats more is you took the screen apart,cut off the ribbon,and soldered to it!!!!!!,for all I know you could have taken it apart,screwed up whatever you were meant to do with it,and say this so you can get your money back.
If you hadn't have opened up,cut the ribbon,and soldered to the screen I would have refunded you in an instant,but you did,and if you think posting about it and whining is going to solve anything it's not...
It isn't MY fault I was hit by a :censored:ing car!!!!
If you bought a laptop brand new,brought it home and it didnt work,you wouldn't take it apart?you'd bring it straight back to the shop in the same condition it was sold to you in,you get refunded,simple as.You took it apart,cut the ribbon,soldered did god know what else to it.
And no I haven't blocked you on msn so grow the :censored: up and stop whinging about a problem that couldve been solved had you the wherewithal and common sense not to dessimate the screen before asking for a refund.

3rd of all: stop :censored:ing lying,I did NOT tell you that when I was hit by the car that the screen went flying and that it was in my hand or whatever you want to believe I said.I walked out in front of an exit to a car park,then I woke up in an ambulance with a n20 mask over my face,you think I'd remember what happened the screen,maybe the screen wasn't even damaged?Tell me was there any damage to the packaging implying that the package hit the ground hard e.g pebbles/tarmac?(don't even try and say there was because I seen the packaging after the accident)?

you were never one to tell the whole story folklord,and people here know it and can see right through it,you did not test the lcd after a month,and even if you did you didnt tell me about it for another 3 months

to tripsalot: after the accident I did tell folklord about me being hit by the car,the screen was well packaged so I was fairly sure it was ok,I had my Mum post it the second time for obvious reasons (me hobbling about on an ankle cast),I was a little precoccupied with medication and painkillers,folklord said fine ok whatever.He knew that I had been in an accident and that trauma could have been caused to the screen yet he still went through with the transaction,then proceeded not to test the screen after he received it for 4 months!!

Okay well he should have tested the screen. especially if he knew that you got in a car wreck. 4 months :confused: why would you try to get your money back after 4 months? Dude almost anywhere after it has been 30 days you cant return it. And there is no where that you can buy something and take it appart and try to get a refund for obvious reasons.

Sorry about your car crash dude.

Thanks for the sig dhuvrock2000

The best way to get cool gaming stuff for free!

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2008, 04:05:46 PM »
thanks dude for seeing it from my point of view,I would have had no hesitation to refund if it had been within a month of receiving the screen,but 4 MONTHS?!?!in fact had he not taken it apart I would have refunded him!
Derp.

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2008, 04:10:07 PM »
Now that i understand it fully No.

4 months is way to long.

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Überm Sternenzelt richtet Gott, wie wir gerichtet
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2008, 04:11:47 PM »
warranties on small items are like 30-90 days, major, like 100$ or more items like cameras, players, computers, etc. are like a year..but a part would fall under the 30 day

so yeah...4 seems a bit long

Offline budgray19

• Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2008, 04:28:27 PM »
speaking of
hows the ankle

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2008, 04:36:38 PM »
i'll be going to physio til january,and I had to pull out of competing in the european shotokan karate championships because of it,it's still not back to full strength but hopefully it will be soon so I can et back to competition fights in karate,I've been training for 2 years for the european championship and I cna't go cos of my :censored:ing ankle  :angry:
Derp.

Offline budgray19

• Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2008, 08:14:02 PM »
yea i could see how a 180 degree fracture could help  restrict a karata kick
lol
jk but yea hopes ya gets betters

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2008, 08:19:56 PM »
Why do you try to make it seem like I didn't tell you about it not working before taking it apart I told you within a month of receving it and you lied about its condition before shipping and because I trusted you I believed you had really tested it before shipping not tested it before shipping and I did not have the screen in my possession within 30 days of payment second of all I did message you about a month after receiving it and you said that you tested it before shipping and it was fine why didn't you offer to refund then If what you are claiming is true, That was before I took it apart? :wacko: .How do I know you did not change the packaging before shipping IT could have hit the grass really hard I dont believe for one second that you were gracefully hit by the car and the LCD magically floated to the ground there is not gentle way to get hit by a car and anything in your hands was probably involuntarily thrown or flung a good distance before hitting the ground. You say that this could have all been avoided If I reported it broken earlier (witch I did but you lied) you could have avoided it by testing the product that you have no idea what happened to it before shipping it to a client.  FOR THE LAST TIME I CONTACTED HIM WITHIN 1 MONTH OF RECEIVING IT THAT IT WAS BROKEN AND HE SAID IT WAS WORKING BEFORE HE SHIPPED SO IT IS HIS FAULT BECAUSE HE DID NOT TEST BEFORE SHIPPING LIKE HE SAID yet his whole defense rest upon making it seem like I never reported it broken until I had taken it apart and waited 4 months you even said in a msn convo I have chat logs about you saying I could have broken it between reporting it broken and finishing soldering when you were questioning the fact of me breaking it during soldering because at first I had told you I could only get it to work for a second when I first tested it and you were like you said it worked kinda before soldering so soldering probably made it worse.why cant you tell the truth and admit you sold me a broken LCD? what part of the story did I leave out? so are you really claiming that I never contacted you about it before taking it apart?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 08:56:28 PM by folklord36 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal