Author Topic: how do I install LED's in a psp slim  (Read 16600 times)

Offline madmodder9278

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
how do I install LED's in a psp slim
« on: October 04, 2008, 04:46:55 PM »
 :help:Ineed help on how to install leds into the L and R buttons and into a see through case any suggestions. Also can you post some picturers of your psp for inspiration. :beg:

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: how do I install LED's in a psp slim
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 05:20:02 PM »
omg, just look in the tutorial board. It's there for a reason.
It's in plain sight too.

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 03:50:56 AM »
i know it a pain in the arse guys when people ask the simple questions like that but remember he is a noob. madmodder. there are a few ways of adding leds to a slim. like what pspkicks and buickgnx said, check the tutorial section as it has loads if info regarding led mods. if you have any other questions, please ask. :)

Offline sonyman

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 12:52:50 PM »
IM IN THE SAME BOAT, I CANT Find it ether, i checked everywhere, im not looking to connect it using the sound board, i would like to just have them turn on when i turn the psp on. i did it for the fat but cant figurer it our on the slim, all i need to know is were to connect the two wires. pls help .

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 03:50:33 PM »
Guys... there are tutorials on the tutorial board. Check "4dp's slimpowerboard" or something close to that. It will show contact points on the powerboard for the slim. Then you just need to go find the tutorial to wire it up...

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline sonyman

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 05:24:04 PM »
Guys... there are tutorials on the tutorial board. Check "4dp's slimpowerboard" or something close to that. It will show contact points on the powerboard for the slim. Then you just need to go find the tutorial to wire it up...

What! do you mean this?  

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=20045.0

Yes i have seen this , but were in gods name does it show you the two contacts to use? i don't even see an explanation. everyone keeps showing this pic. BUT no one is willing to explain it. if i knew what those points mean i would need to ask for help from you guys. so for once and for all. will someone be kind enough to simply show use the ones that need the help, what two points do we use?
a) I don't want to use a switch i have to add to the mother board.
b) Don't want to connect it to the wifi switch.
c) And do not what the lights to flash with the sound.

All i want is for the lights to come on when i turn the psp on just like i have with my psp fat.

This forum is my last hope  :beg:

Thanks to everyone.  :help:

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 05:37:06 PM »
Oh my god, that pic does have everything.
Just wire the leds to the positive point and the ground point!
Remember to use resistors.

Offline sonyman

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 05:53:56 PM »
Oh my god, that pic does have everything.
Just wire the leds to the positive point and the ground point!
Remember to use resistors.

So your telling me to connect it to the green and the blue ? thats weird. bc  im sure i did that and eveytime i try the light goes on BUT! it dosen't shut off when i turn the psp off. are you sure you tried it yourself?

And why is everyone so "OH my GOD!"  your such a noob its so simple, if you guys waisted the time to come into this post and answer  why cant someone just end it and say connect it HERE! and THERE!
 i really don't want to mess up my psp by experimenting, i think i allready messed up my test psp i had. now the yellow light wont shut off.

Please i know i might be a pain in the ass to some of you but cant we just have a simple answer,

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2008, 06:04:36 PM »
Yes the green and light blue.
Yes I've done this before, or I wouldn't be saying how to do it...

Offline sonyman

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2008, 06:29:34 PM »
Yes the green and light blue.
Yes I've done this before, or I wouldn't be saying how to do it...

Ok then one more question. now does it matter which blue and green connection i use, which one did you use? do i use the blue contact just above the -11 on the board, or the ones right on the ribbon contacts. and the green do i use the point right on the left of the LED or one of the others above it, or the one again on the ribbon contacts, thanks for the help.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2008, 06:40:09 PM »
It doesn't matter which, as long as it's a green and light blue. Remember, USE RESISTORS or you will kill your leds.
Also, I just soldered to the power led points, as that's the most sure-fire way of knowing they'll be on/off with the psp.

Offline sonyman

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2008, 07:26:00 PM »
It doesn't matter which, as long as it's a green and light blue. Remember, USE RESISTORS or you will kill your leds.
Also, I just soldered to the power led points, as that's the most sure-fire way of knowing they'll be on/off with the psp.
  Ok thx ill give it a try, and let you know how it turned out, and by "power led points" do you mean the contact right on the psp led? also i only use the blue leds and i never had to use a resistor, i know useing a red and green led one time i had to use a resistor bc it got really hot fast. but i think im ok with the blue ones , if this set up is anything like the psp fat. iv had my import blue psp for over two years with the lights. Just about to sell it, I have my brand new madden blue psp waiting for me to mod it.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2008, 07:57:09 PM »
No, you need the resistors. The powerboard measures at 4.9v, and blue leds can only handle 3.3v I think.
And by power led points, yes I mean the points that the psp led are connected to.

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2008, 06:34:23 PM »
  Ok thx ill give it a try, and let you know how it turned out, and by "power led points" do you mean the contact right on the psp led? also i only use the blue leds and i never had to use a resistor, i know useing a red and green led one time i had to use a resistor bc it got really hot fast. but i think im ok with the blue ones , if this set up is anything like the psp fat. iv had my import blue psp for over two years with the lights. Just about to sell it, I have my brand new madden blue psp waiting for me to mod it.

Okay let's see... I'm sure you need a resistor. On the phat psp, the voltages might have been different which is why you didn't use a resistor (quote me if i'm wrong).  And by power led points, he means the point where the green led that shows the psp is on is connected, i believe.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2008, 07:04:17 PM »

Okay let's see... I'm sure you need a resistor. On the phat psp, the voltages might have been different which is why you didn't use a resistor (quote me if i'm wrong).  And by power led points, he means the point where the green led that shows the psp is on is connected, i believe.
I said that. Don't spam.

Offline sonyman

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2008, 05:00:06 PM »
Ok i just tried it and just like i said b4 the light still comes on even if its off, you can see from the pic that the green light is off, but the blue LED remains on. you said to connect right to the power point of the led which i did , its a clean job, so no problems there, and no i don't have a resistor, but even with a resistor it wouldent make a difference, can someone plz give me a strait answer this is not working, what do i do. i have until tomorrow b4 the guy i sold my blue fat psp comes in looking for his system. plz someone help me. :beg:

The led im useing are 40mcd / 3.2 - 3.5V @ 10 mA

« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 07:46:01 PM by sonyman »

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2008, 06:27:25 PM »
Try the ground for the power led. That will work fine.

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2008, 08:00:46 PM »
Nemesis: Rules are here for a reason, the person you directed this at was re-inforcing those rules and being a good member, don't flame at him for re-inforcing rules that are in place.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 09:20:55 AM by Nemesis »

Offline sonyman

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2008, 08:18:16 PM »
Try the ground for the power led. That will work fine.

OK i know you guys have been trying to help , but im running out of time and growing tired of guessing what to do , SO i going to try and make this very simple, i made this pic and uploaded it , it has No#'s were all the contacts are , so there is NO more confusion, No more guessing on were to connect the wires just tell me what two no#'s to connect the wires too, that's it very simple. Thank you.

I used 10 and 14 and as we found out, it dident work.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 08:21:00 PM by sonyman »

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2008, 03:04:24 AM »
I can't see the pic the best, but use 11 and 12. If that doesn't work, it's 10 and 11. (10 or 12 is whichever is the power led. If you know for sure then use it. If not try 12 first.)

Offline pom2

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2008, 08:43:43 AM »
guys, i want to ask about the sound reactive... what the different between direct connection and using lm386?
coz know i'm using the direct connection 3mm leds to speaker +- with 12 leds.
sorry for my poor english. hope u guys can explain to me. thx

Offline sonyman

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2008, 09:53:50 AM »
I can't see the pic the best, but use 11 and 12. If that doesn't work, it's 10 and 11. (10 or 12 is whichever is the power led. If you know for sure then use it. If not try 12 first.)

OK pspkicks316, now im really starting to get frustrated NO! none of the points you gave work, im starting to think ether your giving me the run around or you just don't know how to do it from the start! if, as you said you did it yourself, why all the different ways? if you really did do it there should only be ONE WAY! and i made it very simple you to tell us, sorry but im going to have to call you out on this. "i don't think you know!"

i even asked 4dP and he said not to use this way but look at nicos sound mod, but then i found this on youtube! which shows that he did it, but guess what, its for FN sale. is there any one out there that really knows his stuff and is willing to help out a modder in training, this thing is starting to become bull :censored:.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XpzxI5XGD4&feature=related

Offline pom2

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2008, 07:11:49 PM »
sonyman try this way, in my first led trigger mod, i soldered one cable to an area behind the power led and one to a speaker (-) pole. i'm not using any resistor, and when my psp turn off, the led turns off too. i dont know if it's wrong way or something, but my trigger lights is on. oh yes, i used plcc4 leds for the trigger.

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2008, 07:30:39 PM »
Just look at this picture:

Instead of wiring it to the board though, just wire to wifi switch and the 5v point or w/e... Since you don't wire to board you won't wire to speakers either. I hope this helps, and if it doesn't, I don't think anything will...

Offline sonyman

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2008, 07:47:54 PM »
sonyman try this way, in my first led trigger mod, i soldered one cable to an area behind the power led and one to a speaker (-) pole. i'm not using any resistor, and when my psp turn off, the led turns off too. i dont know if it's wrong way or something, but my trigger lights is on. oh yes, i used plcc4 leds for the trigger.

pom2 thx for the help, you know what, today i tried that same thing i connected to the speaker contact. and the other i scratched the spot under the letter A as another post suggested , the only thing was it turned on and off but in the off position the led still had a very fait light on. and what do you mean behind the power led, is it the green strip behind the led or on the led itself. can u look at my pic and point out what no# your talking about, if it is one of those, i'm getting to the point that i might just build another button under the psp button to cut the power from one of the wires when i turn off the psp, or just give up entirely, its just alot of work to do it that way. I would like to have this thread as the place to finally show ppl how to really do this mod.

also i'd like to point out one thing the point on the speaker i'm talking about is , if you remove the speaker on the slim, it just clips in, there's two copper contacts under it, thats were i got the connection. is it the place your talking about pom2?

Offline pom2

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2008, 10:43:36 PM »
hmm, i can't upload the power board that i edited. from ur pic, spot no 9, to the right..... there is a large copper area, that's behind the power led. about the place for speaker connection. u got it right mate, just soldered a cable to that copper contact.
uh my..... my english is really sucks..... hope u can understand what i'm saying and hoping u can light's up ur led asap....

btw, modders, could u guys explain to me what the differences? pls?

Offline sonyman

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2008, 06:36:26 AM »
hmm, i can't upload the power board that i edited. from ur pic, spot no 9, to the right..... there is a large copper area, that's behind the power led. about the place for speaker connection. u got it right mate, just soldered a cable to that copper contact.
uh my..... my english is really sucks..... hope u can understand what i'm saying and hoping u can light's up ur led asap....

btw, modders, could u guys explain to me what the differences? pls?

pom2 you are the man!  :#1: it works fine the only drawback is i noticed that the leds only turn on after there's some kind of sound that comes through the speakers, which means if i turn on the psp after standby the lights wont come on until i press the D-pad or i guess the game sound comes on, i'm using a broken psp to do all my testing so i cant really tell how it works in  regular play, but i'd like to give thx to everyone that helped and of course pom2 for giving me the answers i was looking for.

Also can someone tell me what side is the - neg. contact of the speaker in this pic. this is a picture of the right speaker in my dummy psp. i was thinking of using the left speaker - neg. point for the left LED, and the right speaker - neg. point for the right LED, to cut down on the amount of wire behind the LCD screen. i can see the  - neg. in bustinthejustin pic. i just need to know which is - neg. on the right speaker. thx guys.  :hifive:

« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 06:45:07 AM by sonyman »

Offline FireFox

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2008, 11:13:07 AM »
I see you screwed up the contacts as well  :cool:

Offline pom2

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2008, 06:35:57 PM »
pom2 you are the man!  :#1: it works fine the only drawback is i noticed that the leds only turn on after there's some kind of sound that comes through the speakers, which means if i turn on the psp after standby the lights wont come on until i press the D-pad or i guess the game sound comes on, i'm using a broken psp to do all my testing so i cant really tell how it works in  regular play, but i'd like to give thx to everyone that helped and of course pom2 for giving me the answers i was looking for.

Also can someone tell me what side is the - neg. contact of the speaker in this pic. this is a picture of the right speaker in my dummy psp. i was thinking of using the left speaker - neg. point for the left LED, and the right speaker - neg. point for the right LED, to cut down on the amount of wire behind the LCD screen. i can see the  - neg. in bustinthejustin pic. i just need to know which is - neg. on the right speaker. thx guys.  :hifive:

@ sonyman : glad to hear it works...... heheheheh. the neg pole it's the left side..... and the right side were + (@ others, please correct me if i'm wrong)

@ other : nobody wants to help to explain?

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2008, 06:40:03 PM »
What is it you still need?

How to wire it?

Heres another positive point-

Beware- Its 5volt point, Make sure you have enough resistance on it!

And then ground it here on any ground-

If you want me i can tell you how to wire it that WLAN switch turn it on and off?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 09:18:22 AM by Nemesis »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal