Author Topic: custom controller price  (Read 2904 times)

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
custom controller price
« on: October 27, 2008, 08:52:58 AM »
ok. before i post what i want, the question would be if someones willing to do it if i could afford it?

red controller
sleeper
trigger & B button have rapidfire
with led notification

what would the price of that be
cuz if i cant afford it then im just gonna buy a normal sleeper off the usa shop

and yes the b button is for gears 2

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
Re: custom controller price
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 10:19:12 AM »
Ok, the issue with that mod is it will take custom code for rapid on X.  This is for gears2?  There has been a lot of interest in this rapid on buttons lately, isnt' there a timing thing that needs to happen? Are the rapid fire speeds faster than what you need on X?

We can do two things, make a dedicated rapid fire on buttons chip, or try to incorporate it into existing RF code. All depends on answers to my questions.

Offline sean7341

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 02:40:37 PM »
How would rapidfire help on the B button?

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 09:15:27 AM »
Ok, the issue with that mod is it will take custom code for rapid on X.  This is for gears2?  There has been a lot of interest in this rapid on buttons lately, isnt' there a timing thing that needs to happen? Are the rapid fire speeds faster than what you need on X?

actually the rapid fire can be the same speed seeing as the trigger will be for CoD but for the b button it would be for "chainsaw duels" in gears 2. those are determined by who hit the buttom more/faster. and that should answer seans question also 

Offline gameroms

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 12:19:58 PM »
i think the code we have now, will work fine.  i will wire it today, but it will have to be a cg controller.  i will post my findings.

im 99.9% sure i can do this. but not sure on the sleeper part.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 12:23:34 PM by gameroms »

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 12:21:20 PM »
um i think that the chainsaw duels are tapping the a button, i heard it in one of the dev documentaries. id check that out or wait until the game comes to be sure

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2008, 10:26:27 AM »
um i think that the chainsaw duels are tapping the a button, i heard it in one of the dev documentaries. id check that out or wait until the game comes to be sure

ive seen in videos on the xbox marketplace that its tapping the b button...im pretty sure there not gonna change it

edit*
yes winterz it right it is the a button that i need not the b button. idk why i was thinking the b button

edit 2*
can someone find out the actual button for me. my computer sucks to much to run normal (clearly) or high definition on youtube. so it looks like a green button with a b on it

it would be greatly appreciatied
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 11:32:03 AM by 1Sniper »

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 02:29:18 PM »
gears 2 comes out in 3 days so just wait till then to find out. i dun need rapid fire for that cuz i used to play alot of mario party so my button tapping skilz are immaculate

Offline retiredjoker

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 05:05:40 PM »
it is the B button. Chainsaw duels require u to press the B button. but that is only for duels. If you wanna actually chainsaw someone then u jsut need to hold down B and hit the right trigger. more important than the chainsaw would be perfect reload for Gears of war. So when u reload it will always hit that little area that lets you reload the fastest. hope that made sense.

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 08:31:01 AM »
it is the B button. Chainsaw duels require u to press the B button. but that is only for duels. If you wanna actually chainsaw someone then u jsut need to hold down B and hit the right trigger. more important than the chainsaw would be perfect reload for Gears of war. So when u reload it will always hit that little area that lets you reload the fastest. hope that made sense.

yeah i knew about active reloads from gears 1 and thanx for telling that it really was the b button

Offline col busta

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009, 01:53:12 PM »

actually u dont
u just have to hold b

Thanks Blazinkaos for the sig

Offline KingMike_OS

• Shop Owner - Products & Support
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +14/-0
  • R&D
    • Modding Shop At the end of the Universe
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2009, 08:26:35 PM »
I have been working on this Project for 2 weeks now .. the rapid fire Speeds will not work on B for gears ..

1st problem you will always lose in the battle since the rapid fire speeds are either too fast or two slow.

2nd problem you have to turn it once you enter the chainsaw battle because you cant hold B if it is on already.  This sux because

you will lose time as the other guy already pressing the B and he is ahead of you ..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal