Author Topic: Battery Powerd USB Host Mode Made Easy  (Read 2613 times)

Offline DudeeBalls

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Battery Powerd USB Host Mode Made Easy
« on: November 29, 2008, 03:12:38 AM »
Am I correct in assuming that if the 2 things linked to at the end of this post were combined that it would open the doors so to speak for USB Host App making by the Hombrewing community? Also would it be correct to assume that the power from the battery should only be running to the port you're going to connect the peripheral to and not to the one you're going to connect the PSP to? I'm new to the modding community so if this is so redundant and stale and has already been gone over a million times then please ignore this.

MonoMobile USB host cable

USB Power Injector

Offline DudeeBalls

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Battery Powerd USB Host Mode Made Easy
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 06:11:53 AM »
Or perhaps it would have more applications when combined with the PSP serial port by using PSP GPS Cables. Kinda like that YouTube video where a guy was using a keyboard with a little battery powered conversion box connected to the PSP's serial port (PSP Remote/Headphone Jack).

Offline DudeeBalls

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 06:47:38 AM »
Although it wouldn't be helpful for replacing the above described method when it were used on the PSP's serial Port I was thinking of a way I could do an internal mod on the PSP so it's USB port would be permanently powered. It's pretty obvious that Sony just rerouted the PSP's USB ports power from pin 1 and pin 4 to those two copper contacts beside its USB port as to prevent the use of non Sony peripherals with a Sony product in other words you're forced to buy their overpriced products. So I was thinking why not just bridge those contacts back to their original pins? At the very least you would have a portable usb power source and at most well who knows the skies the limit. BTW would this method also allow USB charging of the PSP or would the PSP USB Charger Mod still be requiered or perhaps the charger mod would conflict with this one.

Offline DudeeBalls

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 03:13:15 PM »
I could always just go ahead and use this mod to make the PSP's USB port powered but it says it conflicts with the USB Charge Mod so I'd rather not if possible not to mention that rerouting the copper contacts power would be more natural for the system since they're already a part of the USB port.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal