Author Topic: PS1 mod ideas  (Read 5725 times)

Offline Modtech

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
PS1 mod ideas
« on: December 05, 2008, 04:13:06 PM »
Hi. I just wanted to gather some ideas about modding an old PS1. There is not a lot of stuff on google and thought this would be the best place to gather information. I am fairly new to modding. I know some basic skills like soldering but that’s about it.

These are the ideas I came up with:
1)LED’s in disk tray.
2)Window on disk tray (silver ring like on the psp with an acrylic window and playstation logo in the middle or something like that)
3)Paint job (not sure, might keep original color).

What do you think? If you could share some of your ideas it would be great. And remember not something too hard. As I said, I’m new to all this.

Oh I forgot! Does anyone know where on the Motherboard I can supply the LED's with power? I know you can use the power LED but i was wondering if there was another place. :tup:

Regards Alex.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 02:46:37 PM by Modtech »

Offline blaze3927

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: PS1 mod ideas
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 08:05:50 PM »
what is your ps1's model
or how many wires come from the power board.
the newer psone's had 5 wires, the older ones had 7.
here is the pinouts of both

another idea for it is to portbalilize it. Ive started to portabilize mine and its heaps easy. the only dillema is building the case

Offline bacteria

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Games Console System Modder
    • Bacteria's site
Re: PS1 mod ideas
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 02:40:29 PM »
If you are interested in modding a PlayStation one, the PSone is easier to mod and is smaller.

I am building a small portable with a PSone, with a vacuum formed case I made, see the PlayStation forum in BenHeck.com for my WIP. Will be finished in next 2-3 weeks, with a fair wind. Will be selling the cases in the next weeks, if you want a go...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal