Author Topic: Memory stick pro duo question  (Read 1767 times)

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
Memory stick pro duo question
« on: December 12, 2008, 01:48:33 PM »
Okay so the memory stick pro duo's pins 1 and 10 both connect to negative, while pin 9 connects to positive. If I solder all the pins onto the memory stick connector and a psp, and I add a switch on pin 1, would that work to prevent the memory stick from being read by the psp, or would I have to put a switch on pins 1 and 10?

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline thearkman2009

• Registered BST
  • E = MC²
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Designing Innovative Mods
    • SteelROMs
Re: Memory stick pro duo question
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 08:39:32 PM »
I am actually looking to find out the exact same thing.  I have a few ideas that I would like to try to implement, but I need to know these things first.  I also need parts, mostly the Memory Stick slots still attached to the board, from broken PSP boards.  (I dont care if the half the board was broken clean off, I just need the part with the metal memory stick shell)  Hit me up and let me know.

Offline psp339

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 08:54:40 PM »
I am actually looking to find out the exact same thing.  I have a few ideas that I would like to try to implement, but I need to know these things first.  I also need parts, mostly the Memory Stick slots still attached to the board, from broken PSP boards.  (I dont care if the half the board was broken clean off, I just need the part with the metal memory stick shell)  Hit me up and let me know.
Looking for this?
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4072

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 01:37:45 PM »
Okay so the memory stick pro duo's pins 1 and 10 both connect to negative, while pin 9 connects to positive. If I solder all the pins onto the memory stick connector and a psp, and I add a switch on pin 1, would that work to prevent the memory stick from being read by the psp, or would I have to put a switch on pins 1 and 10?

I think you have to put a swichon all 10 pin's for it to work. if you had two MS ports with a swich on the ground of one of them and tried using the other port, it would read the card your trying to load and the other 9 pin's of the second card. which would cause a problem. i'm not a 100% sure tho.

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 05:01:49 PM »
i thought it was data + that u had to put a switch on
well idk never tried it but its in one of 4dps posts everyone was amazed cuz he did it wit a cam and had a single switch then he told everyone it was data + or something idk look it up

thank u P3nnywise for the sig
"See you have to understand the difference. The difference between me and you is to you, this is your job. To me, this is my life. The club; that's my job. The mall; that's my job. Your neighborhood; that's my job. This studio; this is my life. This is what I do better than anything."

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 05:37:24 PM »
i thought it was data + that u had to put a switch on
well idk never tried it but its in one of 4dps posts everyone was amazed cuz he did it wit a cam and had a single switch then he told everyone it was data + or something idk look it up
That was for USB though this if for Memory card slot...

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 07:19:08 PM »
i remember in one of the posts on that thread it was said it would work for everything
but idk i would have to try it ...... One day

thank u P3nnywise for the sig
"See you have to understand the difference. The difference between me and you is to you, this is your job. To me, this is my life. The club; that's my job. The mall; that's my job. Your neighborhood; that's my job. This studio; this is my life. This is what I do better than anything."

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 07:40:28 PM »
it IS data+ for usb though right? I need that for future reference... As for the memory stick I was just thinking that it'd be nice to have official ms pro duos and the cr-3100

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline jordanfitz

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 02:02:24 PM »
Looking for this?
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4072

can some one give me a diagram or picture on how to do this cause i just pulled a sd card that looked alot like that one out of a old mp3 player and i want to put it in my psp put im not sure exactly how to so it would be nice for a tutorial

:help: :help: :help: :help: :beg:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal