Author Topic: Sound Reactive LED Mod  (Read 157187 times)

Offline TR4G-

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0

Re: Sound Reactive LED Mod
« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2007, 03:56:05 PM »
ok well if all goes well, then ill start this tut tonight.....

Offline Takahashi

• Evangelion 01
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2007, 04:00:29 PM »
I cant wait to see it lol.

Help a fellow out and buy his stuff, Everything MUST go!
Signature and Avatar by Kenshinffx.

Offline *FuFa

• learn2/spell/
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Spam King Barfday Boy¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯
« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2007, 04:03:01 PM »
Finally  :icon30: :tup: :winner_first_h4h:

Have no shame in being kindly and gentle, but if the time comes in the time of your life to kill, kill and have no regret. In the time of your life, live so that, in that wonderous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

Offline Loser777

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #93 on: April 07, 2007, 04:22:12 PM »
I am thinking of doing this mod- possibly with an ON/OFF switch... I am trying to decide what color LED's to get because blue looks really cool, but white seems better...
-Waiting for the tut to come out.

Edit: I found the audio amplifier at radioshack...
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062598&cp
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 06:39:31 PM by Loser777 »

Offline PsychoticWolf

• C.H.A.O.S Where art Thou.
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +27/-0
  • Team CYBER
« Reply #94 on: April 08, 2007, 12:31:24 PM »
Cyber and The Crew are Just F :censored: ing AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the awesome Sigs Thanks goes to: Blazinkaos, Chef Boyardee
O o
/¯/________________________/
{ IMMA FIRIN' MA LAZAAAAAR!!!!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\
RyanF: lol im not that sick.  I don't feel like licking the s*** off a 40 year old guy's ass
RyanF: you want me to lick your crusty old buns dont you?
2/20/2012 at 08:55:34 PM

Offline TR4G-

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0

« Reply #95 on: April 08, 2007, 12:41:38 PM »
Cyber and The Crew are Just F :censored: ing AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

long time no see, ey wolf?

Offline dedafmonteur

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +4/-0
« Reply #96 on: April 08, 2007, 12:52:47 PM »
long time no see, ey wolf?

11 weeks to be exact... 

Offline adawg202

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #97 on: April 09, 2007, 09:14:06 AM »
this'll sure impress people.  it impressed me.  you can rock out to some metallica with the little led's lighting up to the tune. now i call that crunk. :#1:
w00t w00t.  Sony should just give up and allow homebrew.  They will never win.  w00t w00t.  1337

Offline Loser777

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2007, 01:11:10 PM »
What type of wire and LED's did you use for this- and does it drain the battery or affect how the internal speakers work?

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2007, 01:35:47 PM »
What type of wire and LED's did you use for this- and does it drain the battery or affect how the internal speakers work?
Same LEDs we use for all the PSP mods... 0603 SMD type doesn't drain the battery too much, no it does not affect the speakers or headphones at all, if you do it right and don't botch it like cyber did... lol

this'll sure impress people.  it impressed me.  you can rock out to some metallica with the little led's lighting up to the tune. now i call that crunk. :#1:

How does one put Metallica and "Crunk" in the same sentence? there should be a law against that...
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline Loser777

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #100 on: April 09, 2007, 02:27:53 PM »
Hmm, I couldn't find those LED's at radioshack...
Would these be it? Hard to tell from the picture
http://cgi.ebay.com/50-PCS-0603-SMT-SMD-1200-1500-mcd-WHITE-LED_W0QQitemZ320096476679QQihZ011QQcategoryZ66952QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting
Still waiting for the tut... :beg:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 02:30:00 PM by Loser777 »

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #101 on: April 09, 2007, 03:14:54 PM »
Hmm, I couldn't find those LED's at radioshack...
Would these be it? Hard to tell from the picture
Still waiting for the tut... :beg:

Yes those are the right LEDs, Radioshack doesn't carry them, at all...

don't beg for tuts, I say this in general as this goes for everyone, from now on if I see you begging for someone to finish or post a TUT I will consider your post spam (because it is) and delete it, we make these TUTs for you in our spare time (we have lives too ya know, and other things to do) and they will be available when they are ready. Honestly we could just show you a bunch of videos of really cool stuff we've made and then never tell you how to do it, and tell you to figure it out on your own like we did, but that wouldn't be very nice or friendly on our part and that's not why we're here, just like begging for TUTs isn't very nice or friendly on your part and. Be patient (it is a virtue) and it'll be done shortly, and thank the guy who made it if you use it...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline TR4G-

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0

« Reply #102 on: April 09, 2007, 03:33:08 PM »

don't beg for tuts, I say this in general as this goes for everyone, from now on if I see you begging for someone to finish or post a TUT I will consider your post spam (because it is) and delete it, we make these TUTs for you in our spare time (we have lives too ya know, and other things to do) and they will be available when they are ready. Honestly we could just show you a bunch of videos of really cool stuff we've made and then never tell you how to do it, and tell you to figure it out on your own like we did, but that wouldn't be very nice or friendly on our part and that's not why we're here, just like begging for TUTs isn't very nice or friendly on your part and. Be patient (it is a virtue) and it'll be done shortly, and thank the guy who made it if you use it...

Thank you for stating that. And just for the record, im holding out for little bit, becuase of school work

Offline Takahashi

• Evangelion 01
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #103 on: April 09, 2007, 04:30:14 PM »

Definitely well said. These people do stuff in there FREE time. They'll finish it when they finish it.

Help a fellow out and buy his stuff, Everything MUST go!
Signature and Avatar by Kenshinffx.

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #104 on: April 09, 2007, 05:02:05 PM »
Thank you for stating that. And just for the record, im holding out for little bit, becuase of school work

And needing the proper supplies? lol

Definitely well said. These people do stuff in there FREE time. They'll finish it when they finish it.

Thanks, Taka, I wish I could make you a moderator, lol, you're always helping to putting people in their place and backing up the staff, lol if I could I would man...
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 05:04:21 PM by jrfhoutx »

Offline SYSTEM aka (Cyberpyrot)

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #105 on: April 09, 2007, 07:39:59 PM »
And needing the proper supplies? lol

Thanks, Taka, I wish I could make you a moderator, lol, you're always helping to putting people in their place and backing up the staff, lol if I could I would man...

if you thing he should be a mod make him a mod..

Offline alne

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #106 on: April 09, 2007, 08:24:38 PM »
hey everyone,

i have a quick question, based on those schematics does the light only pulse and work when there are external speakers or headphones plugged in? or does it work stand-alone as well?

and if it does only work with external speakers or headphones, how could i make it work as stand-alone? thanks!

i've just finished collecting all the parts that I needed, picked up the Audio Amp IC from radio shack, and as for the smds.. i couldn't find any where to get them so i ripped 5 out of my old logitech remote  :hifive: unfortunately i have no idea what size they are... 0603 is the square one? i have two of those i think, but the other ones have like a bubble-ish shape to them.. will those work as well?

thanks

edit: nvm, i re-read the post and noticed that you said it would work both internally and externally if i take out the mobo and not use the speaker wire to attatch the spk+ spk- , where on the mobo would i use for those two points?

thanks
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 04:55:13 AM by alne »

Offline can we hack it?

• CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Smashgfx owner
    • smashgfx.com - learn something new!
« Reply #107 on: April 09, 2007, 09:11:05 PM »
I am thinking of doing this mod- possibly with an ON/OFF switch... I am trying to decide what color LED's to get because blue looks really cool, but white seems better...
-Waiting for the tut to come out.

Edit: I found the audio amplifier at radioshack...
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062598&cp

these are just a few cents cheaper now @ Nexthacks Network Shop
http://nexthacks.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_4&products_id=2

Offline Ilzwalrus

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I r smart.
    • My Livejournal, which I update two to three times a day with a fun and witty commentary about the goings-on of society today, occasionally interspersed with meaningful and often thought-provoking tidbits about my extraordinary personal life.
« Reply #108 on: April 11, 2007, 07:28:54 AM »
How does one put Metallica and "Crunk" in the same sentence? there should be a law against that...
Amen, brother.

we make these TUTs for you in our spare time (we have lives too ya know, and other things to do) and they will be available when they are ready.

Who are you kidding, jrf :P
Just kidding :P

Offline psppunk

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #109 on: April 11, 2007, 08:38:24 PM »
well i thought of this awhile ago, as soon as i heard about this light mod.... replace those leds with rumble motors and youll have a dualshock psp... as soon as i get my parts in, ill start on it

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #110 on: April 12, 2007, 06:18:11 AM »
well i thought of this awhile ago, as soon as i heard about this light mod.... replace those leds with rumble motors and youll have a dualshock psp... as soon as i get my parts in, ill start on it

we are working on that now :)

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #111 on: April 12, 2007, 10:12:43 PM »

We're always one step ahead of the game...  :yess:

Amen, brother.

Who are you kidding, jrf :P
Just kidding :P

thank you, and I'm not kidding, I can't speak for the other admins and mods and what their schedules are like, but I spend 30 hrs a week in class (mostly in lab), at least 30 hrs a week taking Web-Based distance learning training courses, and about 30 hrs a week on AcidMods (on average), and spend time with my wife, my family and friends, and still play PSP at least 14 hrs a week, I average 4 hrs of sleep a night... that comes to around 140-150 hours out of the 168 hours in a week and doesn't include any extra activities I do during the week, I do have a life, a very busy one, lol... I need more sleep as it is, so good night... lol

I know you were joking

Offline Loser777

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #112 on: April 14, 2007, 11:47:23 AM »
I might just wing this without any instruction- at least I have the wiring diagram...
But, all I have is a crummy old Radioshack Soldering Iron that solder sticks to. (Won't come off). What kind of an Iron would I use?
Edit: I see in the soldering section of the Tutorials, the same iron with a modded tip is used... Should I do that?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 11:52:35 AM by Loser777 »

Offline bncplix

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • http://www.BncApps.com
« Reply #113 on: April 17, 2007, 02:33:25 PM »
quoted from:http://nexthacks.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_4&products_id=2

"This is the chip needed to do the Music mod that cyberpyrot came up with.. Each one will be shipped with priority mail to stateside resisdents and sent overseas with global priority. so make sure that you chose the right shipping method.

This chip will also be needed for the rumble mod thats coming out soon."

rumble mod? cools!
Open source applications and general technology blog: http://www.BncApps.com
Twitter Train
Watch TV Online

Offline TR4G-

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0

« Reply #114 on: April 17, 2007, 05:28:22 PM »
quoted from:http://nexthacks.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_4&products_id=2

"This is the chip needed to do the Music mod that cyberpyrot came up with.. Each one will be shipped with priority mail to stateside resisdents and sent overseas with global priority. so make sure that you chose the right shipping method.

This chip will also be needed for the rumble mod thats coming out soon."

rumble mod? cools!

yup, we still have a few tricks up our sleeves. But dont always beleive wat u hear

Offline BArkzS?

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #115 on: April 18, 2007, 06:15:25 AM »
Little late... but still, GREAT JOB WELL DONE AWESOME!!!!! i don't know more words that say how cool this is. just too bad it's a little hard to make for me coz im still a psp modding noob :P
So great job dude, keep up the good work!

lookin forward to more mod's :D

Greetz BArkzS?

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #116 on: April 18, 2007, 07:00:25 AM »
im thinking this hooked up to some el wire.......= sick nasty

Offline osole

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • PSPGen
« Reply #117 on: April 24, 2007, 10:10:43 AM »
edit: nvm, i re-read the post and noticed that you said it would work both internally and externally if i take out the mobo and not use the speaker wire to attatch the spk+ spk- , where on the mobo would i use for those two points?

thanks
Up and  :help:
 :beg:

Thanks

Offline bncplix

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • http://www.BncApps.com
« Reply #118 on: April 24, 2007, 12:34:30 PM »
i see the tutorial is up, but like all the other tutorials...its hard to follow!
Open source applications and general technology blog: http://www.BncApps.com
Twitter Train
Watch TV Online

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #119 on: April 24, 2007, 12:36:15 PM »
well we are good at modding but bad at making tutorials

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk