Author Topic: what should i do with my old satellite 2800?  (Read 1103 times)

Offline jacobia jacob

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • come at me bro
what should i do with my old satellite 2800?
« on: May 02, 2009, 09:18:59 PM »
I was at my dad's office the other day and found an old toshiba satellite 2800 laptop, which he said i could have for free. after cleaning off the old work files and speeding it up as much as i could, it was still trash. i looked around a bit on google and found out pretty much nothing about it. i have no clue about specs. its too slow to check much of anything. after failing miserably at installing linux on it, i took it apart. im relatively new to modding (ive hard and softmodded my psp and a few other various things) and i have no clue what to do with these parts. any relatively simple ideas? (things i also own ; psp fat, ds fat, ps2 fat, xbox360, dell dimension 2400(eww...)   ) guides/instructions would also be appreciated.  :tup:

Offline m@DDm!k3

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • destined for the worst luck in modding
Re: what should i do with my old satellite 2800?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 11:50:21 PM »
if you really dont care bout breakin' down apart, you should use the parts to start to learn to solder or if you want I guess you can try to build a totally new PC seeing as old laptops are as big as VCR's you can refit it with a bunch of stuff like a totally new MoBo and that fits the casing of course and kinda make it a side project or somethin idk i got a whole list of ideas i can throw, but these are things i would personally do. anyways good luck with watever you'll do with it!

Offline loganbyers07

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 12:41:45 PM »
@ m@DDmik3

Are you mad mike from pimp my ride?

Thanks for the sig dhuvrock2000

The best way to get cool gaming stuff for free!

Offline m@DDm!k3

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • destined for the worst luck in modding
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 05:46:04 PM »
LOl no i have to d's in my name plus there capitol plus my sig don't got a pic of a car either! lol

Offline jacobia jacob

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • come at me bro
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 05:58:48 PM »
this afternoon i realized that my linux failures were caused by me trying to just copy and burn the iso to a disc... i got that now. so i put it back together( sorta, you should see my pile of extra parts i have left over, it's scary). im working on installing puppy linux now (dsl got stuck during boot, something about activating cpu fan thermal button... idk) im pretty much new to the linux scene unless you count ipod linux, so im still figuring this all out. not totally opposed to taking it apart and doing something with it if anyone has a good idea. also, dsl startup detected some old garbage celeron cpu. wish me luck :beg:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 06:01:31 PM by jacobia jacob »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal