Author Topic: First try ever at ZIF soldering! - Results *56K*  (Read 1472 times)

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Trusted Seller! Slim Modder! Graphics Artist!
First try ever at ZIF soldering! - Results *56K*
« on: May 04, 2009, 11:10:04 AM »
Well I took a crack at trying to solder to the ZIF connector today for the very first time heres what happened: do you think I did okay?

P.S. done without flux :D

Oh and yes this isn't actually on a PSP but it has the same exact clips as a PSP so it's pretty much the same thing just on on the same device.

It was actually a bit easier then I was expecting the wires even without flux can take a gentle pull without coming off. Hopefully someday I will get skills such as Alien and be able to solder/extend to the LCD ribbon cable in the meantime I'll keep practicing. :D

this is my little setup for soldering small stuff now, I think it's 10x better then a magnifying glass because you don't have to try and squint with one eye and try to mount it somewhere without it tipping over, unless you have that helping hands thing from rat shack of course.

If your wondering what the little black thing is on the right side of the camera it's a little project I built over the weekend to keep the solder smoke out of my face, housed inside a Altoids mints tin lol. Runs off a 9v battery which can easily be replaced as instead of trying to solder the wires to the battery (thats a bad idea and no I did not have to learn the hard way to know that lol) or trying to tape the wires to the terminals I picked up one of those battery terminals to wires 'adapter' so you can just pop in a new battery without hassle. It's actually a 'sucking fan' rather then a blowing fan so I can keep it in front of me out of the way rather then in my workspace to suck away the solder smoke.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 11:15:21 AM by EliteGamer83 »

Offline Alien_X

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
Re: First try ever at ZIF soldering! - Results *56K*
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 01:23:43 AM »
Cool - Except most people solder to the back of the zif

Sigs by Alien_X
www.ax-elec.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal