Author Topic: Right trigger and A button  (Read 2388 times)

Offline YaZmEen

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Right trigger and A button
« on: May 30, 2009, 01:10:04 PM »
Can someone please help me, I am new to these forums? What I am trying to do is when I hit one button I want RT and A to activate at the same time.If somone could please help me with this.

This is the controller i have.

On this picture, Where do  I solder to A button and Right trigger?

On this picture where's the vcc and ground

« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 02:09:50 PM by YaZmEen »

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
Re: Right trigger and A button
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 10:16:03 AM »
so in order to do this you will need to use a 2 Pole push button switch.  The controller you are using is the Matrix version, so you will need to pick up the contacts for both sides of the A button.

Essentially a 2 pole switch can be looked at like 2 seperate push buttons that are activated at the same time.  so with the first pole you will have to wire in parrallel with the A Button so you are duplicating what is happening when you push the A button.  The second pole will make a connection between the middle pin on the RT and the pin that is above it if you keep the same orientation as your pictures.

Soo i will let you try to find the 4 spots you need to solder to (hint you may need to scrape the green stuff in order to expose soderable copper) As far as the switch is concerned the standard 4 pin pushbutton that people use wont work as they are only single pole.

It is more difficult than I thought to find a DPST push button but here is a link.  If you want to search for your own, look up: Push Button Swithes DPST, or Tactile Switches DPST.  You may be able to find one locally :dntknw:

Offline YaZmEen

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 04:42:52 PM »

Are these the soldering points to the A button? Because when I put a wire to the top it doesn't do anything? But when I put it to the bottom one it does. For the right trigger where do the soldering points go? I know one wire goes on the middle one, but where does the other one go top or bottom? Some other guy told me I need a 14 pin chip to do what I want to do. Would it be better for me to use the DPST momentary button?

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 05:01:18 PM »
looks like that controller has had some work done already.

it depends what you are trying to accomplish by this mod if you will need a chip or not.

dpst switches are not readily avail, at least not in a size that would work. you MAY be able to find one at rat shack but I doubt it... if you do get one, all 4 of the points you need are in your latest pic. however, there are about 50 in that pic..LOL

connect top to bottom, with switch in between

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 05:51:50 PM »
so here is what you need:

this type of mod could be done rather easily using a pic microcontroller and a transistor as well but the simplest way is demonstrated in these posts.

hope that helps :drunk:

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 05:57:46 PM »

ok try that, IF it doesnt work then try using the +2V spot we use in our rapid fire installation tuts for any of the matrix installs.(its the red line on the other side of the board) Use that instead of where the yellow line is hooked up now.

Here are the spec sheets for the NPN transistors that I recomended you get. Use them to figure out the correct hook up for the transistors.  2n3904 Spec Sheet

2n2222 Spec Sheet

I will try to test this tomorrow.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 08:43:49 PM by 802Chives »

Offline YaZmEen

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 01:34:08 AM »
I test it and it didn't work lmk thanks.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 04:21:30 AM »
please tell us what you want to accomplish here. there may be a timing issue, are you sure they need to be pressed at exactly the same time?

Offline YaZmEen

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 04:42:34 PM »
please tell us what you want to accomplish here. there may be a timing issue, are you sure they need to be pressed at exactly the same time?
I tested it and did not work. I put it the way you all told me to, when I connected the transistors it would just shoot. But when I pressed the button it would stop shooting. I tested it with 2N3904 NPN it would shoot and stop.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2009, 06:37:37 PM »
you are telling me what you are doing, not what you want to accomplish. it sounds like you need to jump and shoot at the same time. depending on what game you are playing this may need to be handled diferently, but in most games the jump needs to be activated first, then the fireing, or vice versa.

please tell me what you are playing and what you are trying to do.

Offline YaZmEen

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2009, 02:37:50 PM »

Some one told me to try this but he didn't say how to wire it.Is pin #7 ground and pin#14 power?I don't know where the pins to A button and RT button go?He told me i don't have to program it.

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2009, 05:18:50 AM »
oooooh! i never think to use those.  fairly common on PS3 rapid fire mods.  Just need to check your spec sheet and make sure you have the required supply voltage.

Both Matt and I have asked you what you are doing these mods for and we still get no answers.  We probably would be more inclined to help you with this if we knew what you were up to.

Offline YaZmEen

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2009, 11:49:01 AM »
I told Matt GOW 2. Do u know how to wire it?

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2009, 06:23:10 AM »
You know how in school when you give a one word answer you usually dont get a good mark for that question? :laughing: if you describe the actuall application for your mods we might be able to help you make a better mod.

anyway this is the same issue as with the previous example.  You can try using the quad bilateral switch that you posted earlier, or a DPST push button will do it as well.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal