Author Topic: [FOOD] Beef Stroganoff  (Read 1562 times)

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
[FOOD] Beef Stroganoff
« on: August 07, 2009, 04:27:50 AM »
BEEF STROGANOFF (Carrier)

450g rump steak
3 tablespoons flour
salt
4 tablespoons butter
50g finely chopped onion
75g white button mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon tomato purée
300ml beef stock
1x142g carton soured cream
1 tablespoon dry sherry
freshly ground black pepper

1.   Pound meat out thinly with a moistened meat bat and cut diagonally across the grain into neat strips about 5mm wide and 5cm long
2.   Combine 1tbs flour with ½tsp salt in a plastic bag, add strips of meat, close securely and shake to coat meat strips with seasoned flour
3.   Melt half the butter in a large deep frying pan and when very hot, brown beef rapidly on all sides:  the strips should remain very juicy and pink inside.  Remove from pan and keep hot
4.   In the same fat, sauté finely chopped onion until soft and golden.  Add thinly sliced mushrooms and continue to simmer, stirring until tender, for about 3-4 minutes longer.  Remove onions and mushrooms from pan and reserve.
5.   Melt remaining butter in the pan and stir in remaining flour.  Cook over a low heat for about 3 minutes, stirring and scraping with a wooden spoon to dislodge any pieces of meat or onion stuck to pan.
6.   Add tomato purée and beef stock, and bring to the boil slowly, stirring to make a smooth sauce.  Then continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce is rich and thick.
7.   Fold in meat, onions and mushrooms; stir in soured cream and sherry, and correct seasoning, adding freshly ground black pepper and more salt if necessary.  Reheat briefly and serve immediately with a bowl of plain boiled rice.
•   We often use chicken stock, rather than beef stock, Peas (frozen) are an ideal vegetable to serve with this.

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal